ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,132

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#401 » by greg4012 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:24 pm

Hoops3355 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Hoops3355 wrote:
It's not personal attack. Opinion are made up of personal beliefs. You literally didn't respond to facts that I pointed about his health issues which explains the lack of minutes after his initial runs to start the halfs (staying warm key component but also hard when you are gas / injured) in the Boston series and then turned into a "Spo doesn't trust him narrative" don't be so sensitive when someone offers a counter point to something ridiculous.

Why did Spo close out with him during that meaningless blowout if he was that banged up? When you throw out words like “illusions” it comes off as very off putting. I would prefer we get back to more positive discussions. I’m not saying i’m right all the time. I just try to give my best educated opinion from all the hours of the team i watch and the countless amount of news i take in.

Read on Twitter

You see what you want to see on the court. But Spo doesn't sound like a hater. Also you were talking about his ruggedness. He's 20. Look at the change in his physical side just in the last year. Dude is easily going to put on another 20lbs without a problem. Unlike Herro he actually was able to hang on to most of that weight.

Agreed. Jovic has improved a lot at doing the big man stuff. This ain't a frail dude. This is a Balkan big dawg. He's gonna keep growing into his frame and carry added strength well.

Many were annoyed that Miami forced Jovic to go through stints playing center and focusing on big man responsibilities when his natural game is almost like a big guard. I just see that as the developmental progression to gain the advantage of having Jovic available as functional size on the floor that can (1) screen; (2) rebound; (3) box out; and provided added deterrence with his length while also providing offensive punch with his perimeter skillset.

He's gonna be Bam's frontcourt runningmate adding length and big man ruggedness PLUS the offensive upside as a creator
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,222

Post#402 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 5:25 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#403 » by greg4012 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:25 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:Murray

Between Klutch and most likely the Hawks refusal to deal him for anything less than a haul and especially in the division. Highly doubtful

I dont know if it was ever reported what specifically the Hawks were looking for, certainly they weren't just going to give him away. He was available though.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10105203-nba-trade-rumors-hawks-seeking-2-first-round-draft-picks-for-dejounte-murray
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#404 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,016

Post#405 » by Kobewade11 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:29 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Between Klutch and most likely the Hawks refusal to deal him for anything less than a haul and especially in the division. Highly doubtful

I dont know if it was ever reported what specifically the Hawks were looking for, certainly they weren't just going to give him away. He was available though.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10105203-nba-trade-rumors-hawks-seeking-2-first-round-draft-picks-for-dejounte-murray

People here were happy to give up Herro and picks for him.

Not say I wanted him, just answering the question of "who was available".
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,782

Post#406 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 5:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Butler ain’t going anywhere. This organization is dug in deep with him.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#407 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#408 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 5:37 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#409 » by greg4012 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:38 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:I dont know if it was ever reported what specifically the Hawks were looking for, certainly they weren't just going to give him away. He was available though.

I just think it becomes a different convo if arguing that "we jumped at the wrong PG with our best moveable asset" when Murray would have cost at least 1 additional FRP--it starts becoming the all-in move. And I'm confident that ATL wouldn't be the suitor that values Herro as a FRP+ equivalent given that they would be pairing Young and Herro as their backcourt in that scenario (and recently traded away Huerter).
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#410 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 5:38 pm

Read on Twitter

I’d like Wright back
#FreeBam
Hoops3355
Senior
And1: 276

Post#411 » by Hoops3355 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:40 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Butler ain’t going anywhere. This organization is dug in deep with him.

The way Spo's talking it's like they went out last night and he wing manned for him.
Miami / Chicago / London
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#412 » by greg4012 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:40 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Players whose bball minds continue to evolve are the real ones who shape playoff bball. That's a huge part of what made Jimmy into a later career superstar (same with Lowry and his late career surge). I have a belief in Bam in this regard.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,016

Post#413 » by Kobewade11 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:41 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:

I just think it becomes a different convo if arguing that "we jumped at the wrong PG with our best moveable asset" when Murray would have cost at least 1 additional FRP--it starts becoming the all-in move. And I'm confident that ATL wouldn't be the suitor that values Herro as a FRP+ equivalent given that they would be pairing Young and Herro as their backcourt in that scenario (and recently traded away Huerter).

Wording aside, its water under the bridge
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,782

Post#414 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 5:45 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’d like Wright back

Without a doubt. Then we can draft a Center at 15 and focus on a developmental PG in the 2nd.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,695

Post#415 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri May 3, 2024 5:46 pm

Keys for a good offseason :

1) DONT PANIC. we need changes, but don't get crazy. We're not rebuilding with our owed future picks to OKC and Hornets.

2) Draft a steal at #15 - there's a few huge C's that can shot 3's at our range. Kel'el Ware looks perfect for us. The entire team gets supersized if we nail this pick.

3) Move Herro for better fitting players. It's time. Don't over think it. Maybe Duncan too.

4) Pray Jovic and JJJ take a leap.

If those things happen, we'll be in good shape. The draft pick is up to us, the Herro trade we'll need some luck.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,997

Post#416 » by IceColdCubano » Fri May 3, 2024 5:52 pm

Daffy wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Its the Young gun NBA now, the old head stars are getting wrecked left and right. This is a reminder were heading to a new NBA timeline. The old stars are not winning you a championship anymore, take that for what is worth, either build with the up and comers or fall into mediocrity for the foreseeable future. It's time to move on from Jimmy Butler and go for a young star as our pivotal player.

This lacks so much context. -Absolutely, let me respond-

Clippers are basically playing without their best player. -Because he is old & Injury Prone, same as butler-

Phoenix has a young star in Devin Booker. The roster build around him was just flawed and redundant. -Miami has Bam, were in the same boat, doesn't change the fact that there are 2 older wings past their best years beside him-

Milwaukee was killed by injuries and bad coaching. Also didn't help having a coaching switch mid season. Isn't Giannis and Jokic the same age as well? -In this premise, its about the team as a whole they are on the old side, to include an often injured Lillard whos the second star-

Miami. Young team outside of Butler who were also killed by injuries. -The correlation is not injuries its that we are an injury prone team with injury prone roster, who cannot enter the playoffs without some significant injury, but our #1 guy Jimmy is old, getting older, if that has not been illumined I don't know what does-

Lakers ran into arguably the worst matchup they could've out west with Denver. -There still old, getting older as their main 2 stars don't have it anymore to get pass the juggernaut just like us against Boston-

New Orleans young team. -Their on this list, but have no correlation outside of, their second Star BI always being injured, Zion Often getting injured and having shape issues, CJ old and washed-

Philly. Young star in Maxey who just had a great playoff showing himself. Embiid was coming off of injury and he's also a year older than Jokic. -Again topic of conversation here its duplicity on each of these teams, often injured star "Embiid" vs "Jimmy" can't help team in playoffs get a chip, while younger in their prime star does everything possible but comes up short "Maxey" vs "Bam", at a minimum, Jimmy has done way more in Miami and taken us farther than Embiid has every been able to do-

I say this to say it's all about how you build your team. You can win with young guys or old guys. -I don't think this is were I was heading the conversation, I think the propensity to stay healthy, get in age, and having those players be your top dogs is a recipe that is looking at a higher chance at failure, whilst the teams with healthier younger, up and coming stars are being more successful-
EMC5466
Rookie
And1: 2,444

Post#417 » by EMC5466 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=rv05ze1KDrOvRX51VQ2elA
EMC5466
Rookie
And1: 2,444

Post#418 » by EMC5466 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:56 pm