ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,227

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#481 » by Flash4thewin » Fri May 3, 2024 10:26 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/amp/proposed_trade_sees_heat_acquire_brandon_ingram_from_pelicans/s1_17038_40273510

Not the sexiest option but the most reasonable upgrade that involves Herro. Let him play out his final year here and earn his next deal.

They should have enough for him, though, especially if there are fans of Tyler Herro in the Pelicans front office.

That’s the big problem here. While anything is possible it does seem unlikely especially after how Herro performed these playoff that teams will have strong interest in him. Best shot is for him to regain value next season and then try to trade him.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,428

Post#482 » by TroubleS0me » Fri May 3, 2024 10:30 pm

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,847

Post#483 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 10:33 pm

Herro
Robinson
2029 1st rd pick

To Pels for

SF/PF Brandon Ingram 1 yr
PF/C Larry Nance Jr 1yr
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,048

Post#484 » by contract » Fri May 3, 2024 10:33 pm

AirP. wrote:
contract wrote:It's not one more year. It's one more year on top of the already one more year he's already got. I'm not comfortable with his player option. I'd be thrilled if he declined it. Unfortunately he'll only do that if the Heat are dumb enough to add another year.

Why doesn't Butler wait? Hasn't he heard about the new CBA and the escalating salary cap? Think about how much more he could make by waiting to sign.

This isn't a new thing. I've been beating this drum since Butler got here. There was a window for success, and that window is now closing. There was also a window where he'd be able to earn his money, and a declining return on our investment towards the end of his contract. I'm not interested in further financing his decline. I'm good with paying him next season. I'm OK with paying him the year after that if he decides to stick around. I'm not even remotely OK with anything beyond that.

Let me ask you this, why would any top tier player want to play in Miami if he sees the Butler get moved? Why would say... Luka, Edwards, SGA, Wemby or some other top tier players consider signing in Miami if he knows he could make them highly successful and still could be looked at as just an asset that they may ship him out somewhere he doesn't want to go? This is the situation Miami has been trying to clean up since not paying Wade. It's what Chicago has always done and with that, they really don't get considered by any high tier players but can overpay to get not top tier talent like they did with Boozer, Wade and the most current DeRozan.

Why did Jimmy want to play here? Players don't give a crap.

Also Jimmy ain't Wade.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#485 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 10:35 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/amp/proposed_trade_sees_heat_acquire_brandon_ingram_from_pelicans/s1_17038_40273510

Not the sexiest option but the most reasonable upgrade that involves Herro. Let him play out his final year here and earn his next deal.

They should have enough for him, though, especially if there are fans of Tyler Herro in the Pelicans front office.

That’s the big problem here. While anything is possible it does seem unlikely especially after how Herro performed these playoff that teams will have strong interest in him. Best shot is for him to regain value next season and then try to trade him.

I’m telling you flash Jeff Schwartz is going to broker this deal with the Pels front office. Williamson is also a big fan of Herro. We can get this done. I agree with your pessimism most of the time but this trade has legs.
Flash4thewin
RealGM

Post#486 » by Flash4thewin » Fri May 3, 2024 10:35 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I really don’t want an ugly split with Butler. Just pay him and let’s move to other pressing needs. Butler will give us atleast two more solid years with better roster construction. That final year of his deal just becomes a big expiring.

Id take the ugly break up if it means a quicker franchise turn around. Nah I am good, don't need that extra Jimmy year, I say tell him to go eat some mangos, play out the 2024-2025 Season nice and strong and we will revisit this Extension if its worth it.

A quicker turnaround does mean we will need to take a step back. A pissed off Butler demanding a trade means we will get pennies on the dollar trade wise. Bam will be watching this and it won’t help us. Personally if I’m Bam I demand major changes this offseason. If Pat says wait for the 2026 free agency offseason, just hire Klutch as his agent and demand a trade. After seeing how our front office was incapable and incompetent with Butler, no way Bam should wait things out.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,026

Post#487 » by Kobewade11 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:39 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
A quicker turnaround does mean we will need to take a step back. A pissed off Butler demanding a trade means we will get pennies on the dollar trade wise. Bam will be watching this and it won’t help us. Personally if I’m Bam I demand major changes this offseason. If Pat says wait for the 2026 free agency offseason, just hire Klutch as his agent and demand a trade. After seeing how our front office was incapable and incompetent with Butler, no way Bam should wait things out.

Bam doesn't demand anything from his teammates on the floor you think he's going to go up to the front office and 'demand' they do anything? cmon dude..
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,289

Post#488 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 10:40 pm

We’re getting Mitchell, you’re wasting breathe with any other topic and do NOT respond to this with a rebuttal because fact is you’re WRONG
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#489 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 10:42 pm

Bam can be seen several times throughout games bringing his team together and ripping them trying to get everyone locked in and energized (did it several times vs the Celtics);’great leader stop the agenda driven BS. Give him legit teammates.
#FreeBam
Flash4thewin
RealGM

Post#490 » by Flash4thewin » Fri May 3, 2024 10:42 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

I’m telling you flash Jeff Schwartz is going to broker this deal with the Pels front office. Williamson is also a big fan of Herro. We can get this done. I agree with your pessimism most of the time but this trade has legs.

Fingers crossed. I think Spo gets the most out of him but he won’t come cheap price wise.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#491 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 10:43 pm

If Bam wants Mitchell this summer you better cater to it, Mitchell once; dame last season, then Mitchell again this summer might be strike 3 and then Miami is fuxked. Yall going to see why Ive sonned you all these years on the importance of Bam when he peels off
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#492 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 10:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Wade disciple, stay tuned. We can always count on Wade when Pat can’t do his job
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#493 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 10:48 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

Fingers crossed. I think Spo gets the most out of him but he won’t come cheap price wise.

He’s a soon to be free agent. I think the price will be cheaper then many think. It’s in Schwartz best interest of his clients to get Herro out of a toxic situation here in Miami and get Ingram in a place to maximize the chance of him getting a big deal.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,387

Post#494 » by Wiltside » Fri May 3, 2024 11:00 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Herro
Robinson
2029 1st rd pick

To Pels for

SF/PF Brandon Ingram 1 yr
PF/C Larry Nance Jr 1yr

I’ve lodged the papers. Let’s go.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#495 » by Enso » Fri May 3, 2024 11:11 pm

One thing that'll help us have a quicker turn around is making trades early in the off season. You get guy like Ingram and Nance in early and drill them on our defence non stop. If you get them last minute mehhh then you need the whole season to get them acclimated.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 312

Post#496 » by HeatFan_NC » Fri May 3, 2024 11:25 pm

Bring Juwaan Howard back as assistant coach.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#497 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 11:28 pm

Bring in Phil Handy for player development and his plethora of connections around the league, players love him
#FreeBam
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,814

Post#498 » by Hallstar » Fri May 3, 2024 11:45 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:

Ingram had a worse post season than Herro, so that's not some position of negotiating power
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#499 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 11:50 pm

Hallstar wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

Ingram had a worse post season than Herro, so that's not some position of negotiating power

Playing injured and is just a flat out better player than Herro, not even close. I can’t believe you’re still keeping up with this shtick after what you just witnessed lol
#FreeBam
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#500 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 11:53 pm

Enso wrote:One thing that'll help us have a quicker turn around is making trades early in the off season. You get guy like Ingram and Nance in early and drill them on our defence non stop. If you get them last minute mehhh then you need the whole season to get them acclimated.

I agree. This is a trade that I hope we can make early in the offseason.

Return to Miami Heat