ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,541

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#281 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 3:55 am

Wiltside wrote:
Daffy wrote:Ingram isn't enough of an upgrade. That's just my opinion.

Maybe not, but if the price is Herro and a pick? He’s an upgrade on the current.

I think we’d change his shot diet too. He’s taking a lot of middys, he used to average 2.4 threes per game on decent %. That’s down to 1.3 this season.

Spo will have Ingram shooting a boat load of corner 3’s
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#282 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 3:58 am

Wiltside wrote:Nance can actually shoot a bit too, or atleast did when he was with the Cavs.

Spo will 100% play him at the 5 though and be allergic to Bam/Larry frontcourt. You know this.

When you hear UD saying Bam might have to play some PF with a Center maybe this a a compromise. When i hear UD saying things like this in the media it could be something he’s heard from the horses mouth which is Riley.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#283 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 4:07 am

Debating whether it’s better offering Jovic or the 15th pick with Herro. I think I might like da Silva or Filipowski more than I do Jovic.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,827

Post#284 » by Daffy » Fri May 3, 2024 4:14 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Debating whether it’s better offering Jovic or the 15th pick with Herro. I think I might like da Silva or Filipowski more than I do Jovic.

Send them all if we have to. But IF it comes down to a choice I'd probably keep the 15th pick. A team would probably prefer the 15th pick so they can actually hand pick who they want.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,174

Post#285 » by eddieheatfan » Fri May 3, 2024 4:14 am

let me ask you a question, does the heat organization owes anything to jimmy butler?
i dont think so. since he hasnt played for free for the organization. last time i checked he still was getting a salary that most of us wont see in our lifetimes

so i dont understand the talk that jimmi owes the org something or that the org owes jimmi anything.

what kind of sacrifices he has done for the heat that hasnt being paid already??
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,064

Post#286 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 4:31 am

Daffy wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Daffy wrote:
I just realized Bucks don't control their draft picks going forward. Makes me think they keep Dame and I can't see him asking out again.

Guess I’ll settle for Mitchell :)

That's the spirit. I really hope this summer is the summer we make that splash.

Sitting on our hands would be unnacceptable
#FreeBam
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 588

Post#287 » by Lennyzinho » Fri May 3, 2024 4:34 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
Daffy wrote:Ingram isn't enough of an upgrade. That's just my opinion.

Maybe not, but if the price is Herro and a pick? He’s an upgrade on the current.

I think we’d change his shot diet too. He’s taking a lot of middys, he used to average 2.4 threes per game on decent %. That’s down to 1.3 this season.

Spo will have Ingram shooting a boat load of corner 3’s

Ingram is a big upgrade over herro. Would also give us more size which is always a good thing. They're also both oft injured.

Ingram makes 36 next year. Herro and caleb would work nicely if he opts in. However I don't think there's any chance herro + caleb and a 1st is enough for ingram and also pelicans have cj mccollum already.

The interesting thing with ingram is he is eligible and wants a 4-200M extension. And with his recent play and health, ain't no way most teams will even sniff that. So if you send assets out for him... you better be ready to give him his money and max like pacers did and are gonna do with siakam and Knicks with OG.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,332

Post#288 » by Wiltside » Fri May 3, 2024 5:56 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Debating whether it’s better offering Jovic or the 15th pick with Herro. I think I might like da Silva or Filipowski more than I do Jovic.

Nah you wilin there MWP. Niko >>>>

Don’t discredit the strides he’s made this year. He’s going to have a solid summer with the Serbian national team and come back primed to lock up that 4 spot. Team looks a lot less undersized if you replace Herro with Ingram too.

Rozier
Ingram
Butler
Jovic
Adebayo
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,409

Post#289 » by Heat3 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:07 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Nance can actually shoot a bit too, or atleast did when he was with the Cavs.

Spo will 100% play him at the 5 though and be allergic to Bam/Larry frontcourt. You know this.

When you hear UD saying Bam might have to play some PF with a Center maybe this a a compromise. When i hear UD saying things like this in the media it could be something he’s heard from the horses mouth which is Riley.

And Spo will file that idea in the trash.

I remember Riley used make statements about playing a more traditional big man game with Whiteside. Instead his ass got benched for not being as versatile as Bam. At the end of the day Spo is the coach and will decide how the team will play.

Spo has his basketball theories that he wants to prove will work no matter what. He will stubbornly stick to them. Like the zone against the Celtics.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

dubasilva
Junior
And1: 446

Post#290 » by dubasilva » Fri May 3, 2024 9:27 am

DayofMourning wrote:We just need post basketball skills.

A guard who can penetrate to the rim. First steppers.

We need rebounders. Big ones.

We need rim protectors. Go toe to toe at the POA and win.

It looks like we might need an entire team :D
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,727

Post#291 » by DayofMourning » Fri May 3, 2024 10:38 am

34 year old Lillard. Injured and done.

34 year old Butler. Injured and done.

35 year old Durant. Done.

Embiid. Another chronicly injured star. Done.

38 year old Lebron. Done.

33 year old Kawhi. Injured and about to be done.

Old, injured stars. All bounced round one.

Next year wont be any better.

Extend them all I say!
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,018

Post#292 » by contract » Fri May 3, 2024 10:40 am

eddieheatfan wrote:let me ask you a question, does the heat organization owes anything to jimmy butler?
i dont think so. since he hasnt played for free for the organization. last time i checked he still was getting a salary that most of us wont see in our lifetimes

so i dont understand the talk that jimmi owes the org something or that the org owes jimmi anything.

what kind of sacrifices he has done for the heat that hasnt being paid already??

Yes. We owe him $101 million over 2 years ... unless he declines his players option, in which case we owe him $49 million for 1 year. That's it. It would be a mistake to extend Jimmy at $50 million per year. It would be a mistake to extend Jimmy at $40 million per year.

There's a very high probability that Jimmy is already overpaid starting next season. I understand why he wants an extension, but there's no good reason for the Heat to give him one. It would be mismanagement to extend Jimmy.

Everyone supporting an extension now will disown it in 2 years.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,646

Post#293 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri May 3, 2024 10:55 am

Honestly, I'm not optimsitic about us getting much better this offseason.

But i still think we need big changes, even if it doesn't make us true contenders.

This team just ran it's course, it's beyond done. We need new energy, new players, new style even.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,646

Post#294 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri May 3, 2024 10:58 am

contract wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:let me ask you a question, does the heat organization owes anything to jimmy butler?

Yes. We owe him $101 million over 2 years ... unless he declines his players option, in which case we owe him $49 million for 1 year. That's it. It would be a mistake to extend Jimmy at $50 million per year. It would be a mistake to extend Jimmy at $40 million per year.

There's a very high probability that Jimmy is already overpaid starting next season. I understand why he wants an extension, but there's no good reason for the Heat to give him one. It would be mismanagement to extend Jimmy.

Everyone supporting an extension now will be disowning it in 2 years.

No one think h'ell be worth his salary at age 37, the front office isn't stupid.

It's about taking care of your superstars, about letting him retire as a Heat, it's the things we **** up with Wade.
It's less about the future play and more about taking care of the person and appreciation his accomplishments.

It's only a 1 year extension, So I don't think it's that big of a deal. I don't think we're contending for a ship in 3 years anyway.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
iamoti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,448

Post#295 » by iamoti » Fri May 3, 2024 10:59 am

DayofMourning wrote:34 year old Lillard. Injured and done.

Extend them all I say!
This 100%. Some old players (LeBron mostly) had succes over the last couple of years but that doesnt mean 90+% are not done after 35.

Trade Butler if you are not gonna extend him. As for extension he is not worth the max. He barely plays in the regular season and now he was injured in the postseason. He will be 35 too.

We dont have many options. We either trade for Mitchell and hope he is enough to take us over (i doubt) or run it back and hope for a less injuries and maybe we can get a top4 seed. Either way we are not beating Boston. I hope this postseason made Herro realize he is not the guy and he embraces the 6th man role. Its no shame in that. He can shine in that role.

Its not easy for the FO, our team has big flaws.

I also hope Spo gets an offensive coach as assistant. He is a genius on the D side but he needs help on the other end.

We have our picks , we have JJJ/Jovic who can improve, Bam is still young. We have Spo. We will be back.

Sent from my SM-G990B2 using RealGM mobile app
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#296 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 10:59 am

Wiltside wrote:

Nah you wilin there MWP. Niko >>>>

Don’t discredit the strides he’s made this year. He’s going to have a solid summer with the Serbian national team and come back primed to lock up that 4 spot. Team looks a lot less undersized if you replace Herro with Ingram too.

Rozier
Ingram
Butler
Jovic
Adebayo

I’m on the fence with Niko still. Not sure completely sold yet even though I know he’s young and all. Sensing a little bit of Winslowitis Justice better now when it comes to him among some in the fan base lol
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 930

Post#297 » by Pokuokic » Fri May 3, 2024 11:26 am

Would not mind seeing Jovic on the Pelicans tbh a line up of him/Zion/Herb Jones/Murphy III and a decent to good PG would be interesting, the Pelicans did really lack a stretch 4 all year.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,965

Post#298 » by Kobewade11 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:28 am

Just say no to sleepy Ingram
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#299 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 11:29 am

Here’s why i’m on the fence with Niko. He’s a stretch 4 so that’s definitely a plus next to Bam but don’t feel he’s rugged enough to be a pure compliment to Bam or to get back to Heat physical style of play. Niko is too busy playing like a guard when Bam needs another guy who can do the dirty work like rebound, screen, and give him a break defensively. Crowder and Tucker did a lot of those things and we saw great success with those two. Desperately been missing that element next to Bam.
ZoStrong
Senior
And1: 847

Post#300 » by ZoStrong » Fri May 3, 2024 11:39 am

DayofMourning wrote:34 year old Lillard. Injured and done.

Extend them all I say!

Add Clay and Curry too, lol
It's the next generation's league now

Return to Miami Heat