ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,069

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#641 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 4, 2024 3:45 pm

ZoStrong wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

How did we get Jimmy? Trading away all our wonderful assets? No. JRich was like the only meaningful asset we gave away.

Don't look at your pantry and get depressed. Believe in the management that's always trying to go for it. It doesn't work out all the time. That's life. I'm a fan of Heat because of that unwavering resilience

People were probably saying the same **** when we got Jimmy about us not having enough assets
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#642 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 4, 2024 3:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Media wants this bad lol
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,876

Post#643 » by marson » Sat May 4, 2024 3:48 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Media wants this bad lol

Love what Jimmy has done to our franchise, but it's time to move on. He still has a chance to win a ring on a decent team where he won't be the main focus. Philly, New York or even the Thunder would be a great fit for him.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,556

Post#644 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat May 4, 2024 3:50 pm

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Media wants this bad lol

Love what Jimmy has done to our franchise, but it's time to move on. He still has a chance to win a ring on a decent team where he won't be the main focus. Philly, New York or even the Thunder would be a great fit for him.

“OKC ONLY” That has to be our front office motto lol
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,965

Post#645 » by Kobewade11 » Sat May 4, 2024 4:06 pm

ZoStrong wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

How did we get Jimmy? Trading away all our wonderful assets? No. JRich was like the only meaningful asset we gave away.

Don't look at your pantry and get depressed. Believe in the management that's always trying to go for it. It doesn't work out all the time. That's life. I'm a fan of Heat because of that unwavering resilience

Jimmy was a somewhat unique situation. He doesn’t have the most favorable reputation in league circles, so when he declared his intent to be in Miami you didn’t have 2nd and 3rd parties jumping in to try to drive up the price. Not saying it cant happen again but if there’s a player that wants to be in Miami they’re gonna have to be willing to go all the way, they cant be choir boys about it.
ZoStrong
Senior
And1: 847

Post#646 » by ZoStrong » Sat May 4, 2024 4:09 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Media wants this bad lol

Tbh, this is more likely Jimmy's agent using the media n other teams as a leverage. Not unlike NFL players removing team logos from their social media when negotiating for a bigger pay, lol
ZoStrong
Senior

Post#647 » by ZoStrong » Sat May 4, 2024 4:11 pm

Kobewade11 wrote:
ZoStrong wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jimmy was a somewhat unique situation. He doesn’t have the most favorable reputation in league circles, so when he declared his intent to be in Miami you didn’t have 2nd and 3rd parties jumping in to try to drive up the price. Not saying it cant happen again but if there’s a player that wants to be in Miami they’re gonna have to be willing to go all the way, they cant be choir boys about it.

True. You could say every major trade in history is unique in its own way, lol
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,383

Post#648 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sat May 4, 2024 4:11 pm

We don't need Odell. We got Reek and Waddle.

What we need is a better offensive line and TE.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#649 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat May 4, 2024 4:18 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
ZoStrong wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Read on Twitter

People were probably saying the same **** when we got Jimmy about us not having enough assets

Jimmy had the power during free agency. Philly caved and got something for him. J Rich at the time was looked upon as a developed above average swing player.
ZoStrong
Senior

Post#650 » by ZoStrong » Sat May 4, 2024 4:30 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
ZoStrong wrote:

Jimmy had the power during free agency. Philly caved and got something for him. J Rich at the time was looked upon as a developed above average swing player.

Well, the fact is 76er didn't see him as the part of their "process" core, due to his age. They simply could've paid him and enjoyed dominating the East. Again, every trade is unique in its own way.
ZoStrong
Senior

Post#651 » by ZoStrong » Sat May 4, 2024 4:37 pm

Hey, we got the lucky asset, JRich, on the roster again! Let's get Mitchell w him :wink: :lol: :lol:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#652 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat May 4, 2024 4:53 pm

ZoStrong wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

Well, the fact is 76er didn't see him as the part of their "process" core, due to his age. They simply could've paid him and enjoyed dominating the East. Again, every trade is unique in its own way.

He turned down their max offer. Took less to come here. Every trade situation i agree is unique. Butler bullied his way here via his free agency.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#653 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat May 4, 2024 4:53 pm

ZoStrong wrote:Hey, we got the lucky asset, JRich, on the roster again! Let's get Mitchell w him :wink: :lol: :lol:

Pray he opts in :lol:
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,996

Post#654 » by SoFlaKingReal » Sat May 4, 2024 5:08 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:We don't need Odell. We got Reek and Waddle.

Jonnu Smith is hopefully a big upgrade at TE. OL is probably in rough shape tho.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,827

Post#655 » by Daffy » Sat May 4, 2024 5:12 pm

contract wrote:
Daffy wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Throwback :lol:

With the emergence of Brunson I can't see the Knicks making the play for Mitchell. Can't see him picking thr dumpster fire that is currently known as the Nets. This should be a done deal for us if he leaves via trade. Only team I can see sticking their nose in there that'll screw us over will be the Lakers.

Why would the Knicks want to take the ball out of Brunson's hands? :crazy:

That's why I said I can't see them making the play for him.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,088

Post#656 » by greg4012 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:21 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
ZoStrong wrote:

But for many on this board that are scared of having hope, no assets on the team get the same benefit of perception that you’re painting for JRich at the time.

Or you don’t want to entertain trading Jaime
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,176

Post#657 » by eddieheatfan » Sat May 4, 2024 5:21 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:We don't need Odell. We got Reek and Waddle.

and better quarterback that doesnt shrink under pressure. team will go where the qb leads them. at sub temps in december..... :o
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#658 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 4, 2024 5:34 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Media wants this bad lol

“OKC ONLY” That has to be our front office motto lol

Admit Pat Riley sucks
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,088

Post#659 » by greg4012 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:35 pm

Read on Twitter
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#660 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat May 4, 2024 5:39 pm

greg4012 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

But for many on this board that are scared of having hope, no assets on the team get the same benefit of perception that you’re painting for JRich at the time.

Or you don’t want to entertain trading Jaime

This, we have done more with far less. On the court and from a trade perspective. I’ve seen this team get Jimmy Butler (who’s better than Mitchell) with little to no assets scrambling several different moves together to get it done so until Mitchell is traded elsewhere AND extends his contract I’m going to have hopes we get it done due to his relationship with Bam; Jimmy, and Wade and his love for the Heat.

Mitchell said himself last time he thought he was going to be in Miami, that tells me had we been willing to part with the assets we would’ve got him. We were delusionally thinking Herro was anywhere near his level.

Now the situation is different though, everyone knows he’s asking out and everyone knows he’s declining his PO next summer. Hes an expiring contract and he’s essentially a free agent. No one is throwing near the farm to get an expiring player if they don’t know for a fact he’s staying long term. That’s why I think we can get this done, trade for him and get him in here and everything else will work itself out. Extend Bam this summer as well if he’s willing to show Mitchell he’s here long term with him.
#FreeBam

Return to Miami Heat