ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,509

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#241 » by Beenie » Thu May 2, 2024 10:51 pm

AirP. wrote:
Beenie wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Spoiler:
Nope. Thats extreme Beenie.

3 years in the lottery max.

This year thru trades.

Next year as we bottom out.

One more year as everyone tries to figure it out.

Then push for FA acquisitions and playoffs.

A mere 3 years seems like a pipe dream to me if the idea is to build around Jaquez and Jovic.

Like them both a lot but neither are Michaels.

And the way the culture of free agency operates, it’s a pipe dream to think that a marquee player would sign in Mia without there already being one on the roster to pair with.

To link this thread topic to the Maxie thread topic, had Mia drafted him and then decided to destroy and rebuild the team with him as their centerpiece, your 3 year window prediction would seem more realistic.

Probably wouldn't have to even consider rebuilding had they drafted Maxie.

That’s true. Point I’m arguing though is in order to execute an expedited rebuild, you got to have high end talent ie a player like Maxey.

The road to the playoffs would be much longer if traveled with Jovic and Jaquez as the featured drivers
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#242 » by Flash4thewin » Thu May 2, 2024 10:57 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I can’t see Jimmy causing a scene and burning the bridge with the one team in the league that accepted him for who he was and brought the best out of him (yes I know Airp he did a ton for us too) I don’t think it comes to that and I think he retires here.

If not then yea go the Mitchell route and save the assets for a 3rd guy

Jimmy will burn this team to the ground smiling. This is not a Dame situation, dude will give no F.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,778

Post#243 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 11:00 pm

Hoops3355 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I know a lot of folks in here like Jovic and of course I also see a long term vision with him but for some reason I don't think Spo shares those same feelings. Something tells me he was forced to play him a little more then he liked this year and it was pretty telling during the Boston series that he was just not happy with his play. Would not shock me one bit to see him dealt this offseason as a carrot to make a deal work. I could see a complete collapse in here when it happens. Something along the lines of Winslow dealt to the Grizzlies type of emotional outburst lol

This is wild take. Like you made this up in your head then put it out there. Did anyone agree with you on this? If you look at a little deeper you'd remember he had back spams and often times those don't really work out that well once you cool off and then beyond he's had the knee issue. Basically Spo sees how badly he wants it he wouldn't be wasting his GUY Caron on him if that wasn't the case. You guys paint this picture of Spo like the dude's Darth Vader.

What's so wild about this take? That Spo was uncomfortable trusting a 20 year old year old who was clearly in way over his head in these playoffs? He basically trusted Haywood Highsmith alot more then he did Jovic. Jovic's body language also stunk when he would miss easy shots and the moment might have gotten to big for him. That's ok he's only 20 years old. Once again WOULD NOT SHOCK ME if Jovic is included in a deal that brings back a more ready and win now veteran that Spo can trust.
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#244 » by Beenie » Thu May 2, 2024 11:00 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Beenie wrote:A mere 3 years seems like a pipe dream to me if the idea is to build around Jaquez and Jovic.

And the way the culture of free agency operates, it’s a pipe dream to think that a marquee player would sign in Mia without there already being one on the roster to pair with.

To link this thread topic to the Maxie thread topic, had Mia drafted him and then decided to destroy and rebuild the team with him as their centerpiece, your 3 year window prediction would seem more realistic.

Not building around JJJ and Jovic. The bottoming out plan would line us up nicely with the next years draft studs-Dylan Harper, Ace Bailey, Cooper Flagg. Those are the 3 youd want as center pieces. Build around them.

Wait a year in hopes of drafting one of them and then waiting for them to develop to the point of the team making the playoffs is already breaching your 3 year window it seems.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,220

Post#245 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 11:05 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:I can’t see Jimmy causing a scene and burning the bridge with the one team in the league that accepted him for who he was and brought the best out of him (yes I know Airp he did a ton for us too) I don’t think it comes to that and I think he retires here.

If not then yea go the Mitchell route and save the assets for a 3rd guy

Jimmy will burn this team to the ground smiling. This is not a Dame situation, dude will give no F.

Nah we move different over here, we don’t play that **** and you saw it on the bench when he got fired up at Spo and got put back in his place REAL quick. He ain’t burning anything to the ground
#FreeBam
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#246 » by Flash4thewin » Thu May 2, 2024 11:08 pm

AirP. wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:The Heat are not trading Herro for the simple reason that no other team wants him. They are stuck with Herro and that contract. Truth sucks, but it’s still the reality of the situation.

Someone will trade for him, the question is what kind of package are they willing to give up. Chicago might be willing to do a package centered around Herro and LaVine. I would think Brooklyn would give Miami B.Simmon's expiring contract to take a flyer on Herro. These are probably worst case scenarios although LaVine probably could help Miami's offensive issues with 3 of his last 4 years having a TS% over .600.

No way the Nets touch that. Simmons might be the most valuable moving player because he is a 40 million dollar expiring and is key to getting a star player via cap space or trade. LaVine might be a realistic option but we need to remember he is with Klutch so who knows.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,940

Post#247 » by DayofMourning » Thu May 2, 2024 11:14 pm

Beenie wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Beenie wrote:A mere 3 years seems like a pipe dream to me if the idea is to build around Jaquez and Jovic.

Not building around JJJ and Jovic. The bottoming out plan would line us up nicely with the next years draft studs-Dylan Harper, Ace Bailey, Cooper Flagg. Those are the 3 youd want as center pieces. Build around them.

Wait a year in hopes of drafting one of them and then waiting for them to develop to the point of the team making the playoffs is already breaching your 3 year window it seems.

Oh well. Nobody is perfect. Its a clear direction though.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#248 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu May 2, 2024 11:15 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
AirP. wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:The Heat are not trading Herro for the simple reason that no other team wants him. They are stuck with Herro and that contract. Truth sucks, but it’s still the reality of the situation.

Someone will trade for him, the question is what kind of package are they willing to give up. Chicago might be willing to do a package centered around Herro and LaVine. I would think Brooklyn would give Miami B.Simmon's expiring contract to take a flyer on Herro. These are probably worst case scenarios although LaVine probably could help Miami's offensive issues with 3 of his last 4 years having a TS% over .600.

No way the Nets touch that. Simmons might be the most valuable moving player because he is a 40 million dollar expiring and is key to getting a star player via cap space or trade. LaVine might be a realistic option but we need to remember he is with Klutch so who knows.

Nets already have a Herro in Cam Thomas. They’ll be trying to use that Simmons contract with picks to get in the Mitchell running. LaVine and his antics over in Chicago will probably be a big turn off for us and especially since he’s Klutch controlled. Still like the Brandon Ingram angle with Jeff Schwartz.
jbsays
Junior
And1: 393

Post#249 » by jbsays » Thu May 2, 2024 11:24 pm

How is Jimmy going to "burn this franchise" to the ground? Dude made $45 million this year and coasted in the regular season to be ready for the playoffs. Then he got hurt in the play in game vs. 76ers and didn't even play in the win against the Bulls. And then he played as many minutes as you or I did in the first round against the Celtics. What exactly could he do that would be worse than that?

Only way I resign him to additional years is if Heat can get someone like Durant who is the same age. Then you plan for the next 3 years with Butler, Durant, and Bam and worry about rebuilding after that with Bam still around at 29. Even then Butler and KD are 9-10 years older than the Celtics.

I don't feel bad for any of these guys getting $45 million to play basketball if a team decides to trade them. It's one of the best jobs in the world. You know Arison can't be happy paying him $45 million for him to "load manage" and miss the playoffs completely.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,816

Post#250 » by Rapaz » Thu May 2, 2024 11:27 pm

Pay Jimmy what he wants. Every cent of it.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,134

Post#251 » by carnageta » Thu May 2, 2024 11:47 pm

Imagine prime Rashad Lewis on this team. He would be the absolute perfect pf next to Bam.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#252 » by MettaWorldPanda » Fri May 3, 2024 12:03 am

Rapaz wrote:Pay Jimmy what he wants. Every cent of it.

No questions asked. If I can get through paying fat ass Lowry 30 mil plus from age 37-39 I can be more then fine paying Jimmy 50 per for 35-37.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,816

Post#253 » by al bondiga » Fri May 3, 2024 12:10 am

jbsays wrote:How is Jimmy going to "burn this franchise" to the ground? Dude made $45 million this year and coasted in the regular season to be ready for the playoffs. Then he got hurt in the play in game vs. 76ers and didn't even play in the win against the Bulls. And then he played as many minutes as you or I did in the first round against the Celtics. What exactly could he do that would be worse than that?

Only way I resign him to additional years is if Heat can get someone like Durant who is the same age. Then you plan for the next 3 years with Butler, Durant, and Bam and worry about rebuilding after that with Bam still around at 29. Even then Butler and KD are 9-10 years older than the Celtics.

I don't feel bad for any of these guys getting $45 million to play basketball if a team decides to trade them. It's one of the best jobs in the world. You know Arison can't be happy paying him $45 million for him to "load manage" and miss the playoffs completely.
jb Is Probably a killer in every aspect... If it suits his own ego he would burn anything to ground or anyone... Those kind of players are usually like that

The more important factor is that pat knows who he's dealing with (think he knows) remember the winning jb has Done comes at a cost.

jb Is not a monster , far from it ! but let's not fantasize about who he is
ZoStrong
Senior
And1: 850

Post#254 » by ZoStrong » Fri May 3, 2024 12:35 am

How does one player burn down an organization? You guy watching too much dramas on TV, lol

Riley, Spo n Heat org has a lot of respect around the league among executives, agents and players. Sure, not all players are cut out for Heat culture but enough players out there who love to play for Heat and Spo.

Jimmy can sit out for all I care, but one player whoever it is can't burn down decades of proven excellence.
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#255 » by Beenie » Fri May 3, 2024 12:42 am

carnageta wrote:Imagine prime Rashad Lewis on this team. He would be the absolute perfect pf next to Bam.

Shawn Marion

AK47

Gerald Wallace
Dmcdani6
Analyst
And1: 5,299

Post#256 » by Dmcdani6 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:50 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

No questions asked. If I can get through paying fat ass Lowry 30 mil plus from age 37-39 I can be more then fine paying Jimmy 50 per for 35-37.

I agree w/ this. I dont think there is any other choice anyway. Think Heat is in purgatory for a bit until they draft a stud, or one of the young bucks get real good. Getting someone thru FA just seems unlikely, but you never know
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#257 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 1:03 am

Beenie wrote:
carnageta wrote:Imagine prime Rashad Lewis on this team. He would be the absolute perfect pf next to Bam.

Shawn Marion

AK47

Gerald Wallace

Defensively those would be crazy fits, offensively you just went 0-3 like Herro in the first 3 minutes of the 1st
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#258 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri May 3, 2024 1:04 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

You do have a point, it was the rumored 3-4 extra years at $70M that worried me lol
#FreeBam
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#259 » by Beenie » Fri May 3, 2024 1:15 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Shawn Marion

AK47

Gerald Wallace

Defensively those would be crazy fits, offensively you just went 0-3 like Herro in the first 3 minutes of the 1st

They all score without the benefit of any plays being called for them

Fixes Mia rebounding woes
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,534

Post#260 » by twix2500 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:17 am

This team is not a stretch power forward away, so don't start it. Take your Mcroberts antiserum medicine

Return to Miami Heat