ImageImageImage

Next Loss: Heat @ Grizzlies, 4pm Sunday

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

LEIF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 921
Location: Charleston, SC. Born and raised in The City of North Miami.

Post#81 » by LEIF » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:48 am

yeah hopefully we can flip the expiring contracts of JWill, Mr 4th quarter :banghead: , and Zo for some better fits for the next 2 years, add a top pick (Derrick Rose :pray: ), use both our exceptions in the offseason to bring in one impact FA(MLE) and another bench contributor(LLE), I think we can right this ship pretty quickly until the big summer of 2010 at least being a solid playoff team with a shot if things go our way. Riley just waited too long to turnover the "interchangeable parts" of this group surrounding Wade and Oneal.

Follow me on Twitter @Lefty_Leif
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#82 » by HIF » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:05 am

Ira in his blog mentioned Ricky not being a closer....I couldn't agree more. The guy will get you stats, but he can't win games. Man who could have seen this coming?

ME! I CALLED THIS

He wasn't brought in as a closer. He was brought in to be our 3rd scorer. He has become our 2nd scorer and is playing hard every game. I don't understand all the hate towards Ricky.

If our first and second scorers were playing as expected then Ricky wouldn't have to try and win games.

I thought Ricky had a fine game last night.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#83 » by dflash3 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:27 am

^Ricky is doing exactly what we brought him in to do which is to be a scoring threat. He has shown nice range in his game and starting to be more aggressive driving to the rim. However, it seems people are looking to blame him, since his production is going to waste due to the break down of the entire team.

He has cost the Heat games due to his decision making. However, there are a lot of games where we wouldn't even be in a situation to lose if Ricky hadn't produced on offense, since nobody else aside from Wade bothers to show up consistently.

Had Ricky been brought into last season's roster he would have had a more positive impact on the team, since the current team is too talent depleted. The Heat would have been better off keeping Walker due to the fact that they would suck just as much if Smush was in the line up instead of Ricky.
G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#84 » by G.cracker » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:52 am

Can't blame Ricky, we simply have no one able to make key shots or get key rebounds at the ends of halfs.
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.

Return to Miami Heat