ImageImageImage

***RANDOM TRADE PROPOSAL THREAD*** ALL HYPOTHETICAL TRADES HERE!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Re: ***RANDOM TRADE PROPOSAL THREAD*** ALL HYPOTHETICAL TRADES H 

Post#961 » by Wade2k6 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:51 am

^^

no. unless its their top pick coming back (which it obviously wouldn't be) Cook is too valuable to the Heat to trade for Watson. Especially considering the way Mario is playing.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#962 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:30 am

Lane1974 wrote:serioiusly, especially Quinn for GT3, he wouldn't spit on Quinn if he were on fire
lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ( I really started to laugh when i read this)
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#963 » by heat4life » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:56 pm

ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
heat in italy
Senior
And1: 2

Post#964 » by heat in italy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Why in the world there´s news in hoopshype.com that the Kings are desperately shopping John Salmons ??? The guy is producing. If this is true I really don´t see why the Kings don´t take Marion for Miller and Salmons. Of course the 2 Kings players produce more than Marion, but they are shopping the 2 very strong, and getting a 17 M expiring contract would be huge for them .... For the little that I saw here in Italy , Salmons is already playing better than Marion, so for us, is a no brainer ,,,,
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#965 » by Lane1974 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm

I think taking on Miller's $ for next year is the Heat's hesitation... they are in a rock and a hard place -- this team is a legit playoff team, not a title team, but I don't think we're going to fade out of the playoff race anytime soon, they have beaten Cleveland, beaten LA once and went to the last shot in the 2nd game on the road (the top two records in the NBA) and could make moves to improve the team this year but at the expense of future years. Thus their poker face with Marion, they probably don't want to keep him, but they don't want to mess up any long term plan either. I hope Boozer isn't the plan next year, we need a real veteran QB-PG to make this roster complete and a legit post presence center. Neither grow on trees.
Immure
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#966 » by Immure » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:24 pm

Lane you really think Chalmers isn't the answer?

I don't know i think he is a steal, he just needs a consistent 3 and he's set he already has the defense. Also it would be nice if he can improve his handles and slashing but he's already pretty good at it.

I don't know i'm one to hope we can keep both of our rookies as our solution to the pg, sf/pf position....
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#967 » by Lane1974 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:46 pm

I love Chalmers, I just think another PG is needed, someone who can run the team too... splitting minutes with Mario. Mario will our Derek Fisher for years to come. I meant a QB/PG compared to Quinn and Banks... and even Mario isn't that per se... but someone on the roster needs to be.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#968 » by puppa bear » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:46 am

Marion for Miller/Salmons is a deal we NEED to make! If it ever comes up...

I see your point Lane about getting a vet PG, maybe someone like B-Jax
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#969 » by heat4life » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:49 am

^^^^^^
Only if we can get rid of Banks in that deal as well.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#970 » by puppa bear » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:36 am

Im sure we could send Banks to Orl for Cook. Worst case we might need to throw in a pick - although Banks fills a need for them, and they wont have cap space for ages anyway.

The only reason this type of deal hasn't already been done is it's Orlando, who we wouldn't bedealing with unless there's nothing better on the table.
LF91
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#971 » by LF91 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:41 pm

saggyb0b wrote:Im sure we could send Banks to Orl for Cook. Worst case we might need to throw in a pick - although Banks fills a need for them, and they wont have cap space for ages anyway.

The only reason this type of deal hasn't already been done is it's Orlando, who we wouldn't bedealing with unless there's nothing better on the table.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=870679

Appearently getting rid of Banks will be harder than we thought.. :(
SportsPlaya11
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#972 » by SportsPlaya11 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:00 pm

What about dalembert from philly...he has wanted out for a little while and is very unhappy with his playing time.

He would explode playing with wade and beasley.

Chalmers
Wade
Diawara, cook or beasley
Haslem or beasley
Dalembert

Question is would philly want marion
"The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, thats the day you start to the top. "
-O.J. Simpson

^^^Listen to yourself OJ
heat in italy
Senior

Post#973 » by heat in italy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Trade ID
Trade ID #4925942
Due to Miami and Sacramento being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Miami and Sacramento had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Miami Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +22.6 ppg, +4.4 rpg, and +5.4 apg.
Incoming Players
John Salmons
6-6 SG from Miami-Fla.
18.6 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.2 apg in 36.6 minutes
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
11.8 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 3.6 apg in 31.9 minutes
Bobby Jackson
6-1 PG from Minnesota
6.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.8 apg in 19.3 minutes
Outgoing Players
Marcus Banks
6-2 PG from UNLV
2.5 ppg, 0.9 rpg, 1.3 apg in 9.5 minutes
Shawn Marion
6-7 SF from UNLV
12.0 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 36.8 minutes
Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -22.6 ppg, -4.4 rpg, and -5.4 apg.
Incoming Players
Marcus Banks
6-2 PG from UNLV
Shawn Marion
6-7 SF from UNLV
Outgoing Players
John Salmons
6-6 SG from Miami-Fla.
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
Bobby Jackson
6-1 PG from Minnesota

I would do it in a heart beat

Chalmers - Jackson
Wade - Cook
Salmons - Jones
Haslem - Beasley
Miller - Mourning

With Quin and Joel as the 11 and 12. That 2 unit is one of the best in the league. If the problem for Pat Riley is taking on Miller contract, at least in this way we got rid of Banks.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#974 » by heat4life » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:31 pm

I suggested that a few days ago. I would give them Anthony or Diawara as well if necessary.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
heat in italy
Senior

Post#975 » by heat in italy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Me too ,,,
miamivice
Pro Prospect
And1: 268

Post#976 » by miamivice » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:30 pm

has anyone on realgm ever proposed a trade that has actually happened?
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#977 » by heat4life » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:01 pm

I was close with my Brian Grant + Malik Allen + Dorrell Wright for Kevin Garnett but McHale managed to screw that up as well... that bastard
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#978 » by G.cracker » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:39 am

With the report Yao is fed up with T-Mac and with T-Mac's value basically as low as Vince Carter's was when Toronto had to trade him for scraps, think they'd take Marion-Wright? Works on the checker. We'd have three scorers to contend with in Wade, T-Mac and Beasly, with shooters like Jones and Cook and UD/ Jamal/ Zo/ Joel down low. And it would be a motivated T-Mac, back in his home state, and with a big expiring deal in 2010, giving us flexibility to sign players and potentially resign T-Mac lower.

I doubt they do it, but maybe they get fed up and look to try a Marion out west where he's best and still have lots of cashthis summer between his and Artest's deal to go after a Boozer type.
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,275

Post#979 » by Hoops23 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:42 am

G.cracker wrote:With the report Yao is fed up with T-Mac and with T-Mac's value basically as low as Vince Carter's was when Toronto had to trade him for scraps, think they'd take Marion-Wright? Works on the checker. We'd have three scorers to contend with in Wade, T-Mac and Beasly, with shooters like Jones and Cook and UD/ Jamal/ Zo/ Joel down low. And it would be a motivated T-Mac, back in his home state, and with a big expiring deal in 2010, giving us flexibility to sign players and potentially resign T-Mac lower.
The question is, would Miami do that trade and eat the remainding $22m on T-Macs contract?

While T-Mac is more talented than Marion, I'll rather have a durable player than paying someone who plays few games a season.

heat in italy wrote:Miami Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +22.6 ppg, +4.4 rpg, and +5.4 apg.
Incoming Players
John Salmons
6-6 SG from Miami-Fla.
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
Bobby Jackson
6-1 PG from Minnesota
Outgoing Players
Marcus Banks
6-2 PG from UNLV
Shawn Marion
6-7 SF from UNLV
The trade puts the Heat within the lux tax. I doubt Mr. Arison will agree to that deal.
Probably replace B-Jax with someone else with smaller contract who has a contract not more than 2010.
rainking
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Miami/Sac/Por Trade 

Post#980 » by rainking » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:14 pm

We all know that Marion has value as an expiring contract to a team looking to clear salary. He also has value as the "missing piece" to a contender. In my opinion Portland is the perfect destination for Shawn because he fills both of these conditions for the Blazers.

Miami Trades: Shawn Marion
Miami Receives: Brad Miller, Travis Outlaw

Portland Trades: Raef Lafrentz, Travis Outlaw, Channing Frye, Sergio Rodriguez
Portland Receives: Shawn Marion, Bobby Jackson, Quincy Douby

Sacramento Trades: Brad Miller, Bobby Jackson, Quincy Douby
Sacramento Receives: Raef Lafrentz, Channing Frye, Sergio Rodriguez

For Miami: Brad Miller is not the shot blocker that the Heat is looking for, but Miami can't be too picky when it comes to picking up a Center. He is a good position defender, above average rebounder, great passer, and can hit the spot up jumper off of Wade kickouts. Outlaw would be a real steal in this deal for Miami. I will detail below why the Blazers would be unloading him.

For Portland: This whole Darius Miles mess puts them in a bad cap position the next couple of seasons. This is why a guy like Outlaw, who has one more year on his deal after this season, all of sudden become expendable. Portland must try and rid themselves of as much salary as they can in order to resign much of their young talent while not going over the luxury tax. Marion, Jackson and Douby all expire this season, so the Blazers save by not having the contract of Outlaw and Rodriguez on the book for next year. From an on the court perspective, they really aren't giving up any core players and are receiving the best player in the deal. Marion fills a big gap at SF for them and provides the sort of defense and intangibles that could help Portland compete for the Finals this season. Bobby Jackson is a solid backup PG that has played in big games and made big shots throughout his career.

For Sacramento: The Kings definitely are getting the least amount of talent back in this deal. However, we all know that deals nowadays are as much about economics as anything, and this deal is a straight salary dump by Sacramento. The Maloofs must save money wherever they can. The Kings play in a small market with limited revenue streams, and the Maloofs interests in Las Vegas are really hurting right now. This deal clears a lot of salary off of the books for next season.

Return to Miami Heat