ImageImageImage

Amare Stoudemire thread (out for season? update pg 35)

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Re: Rumor: Miami Rejected Amare for Marion/Beasley 

Post#121 » by Flash3 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:34 pm

Those are all mediocre packages being mentioned, with little upside. Our package of Marion/Beasley has the most upside, as Beasley can probably become the best player out of ALL the youngsters mentioned in that article by Ford.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#122 » by miamiballer » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:13 pm

i agree, given those options most i give for amare is marion and cook OR beasley and blount

phx can take it or be happy with tyrus thomas, drew gooden

ultimately i think amare goes to chicago in a trade for tyrus,noah, gooden, 2009 1st rd pick

i think that we hold out for bosh but tor wont trade him

i think we either do marion for JO or marion for chandler
Darkstar
Junior
And1: 97

Post#123 » by Darkstar » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:14 pm

Those are pretty crappy packages except Miami's. If I were a PHX fan I think I'd be looking for my GM's head if PHX trades Amare for most of those packages, especially NY where they could end up with nothing after this year unless they possibly overpay to retain both Robinson and Lee.
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#124 » by miamiballer » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:16 pm

^ if that happened, then we would be hoping that beasley makes the big jump next yr

amare did it when he went from 13 ppg to 20 ppg in soph yr, why cant beasley do it

unless we can land amare for a reasonable package or chris bosh (who i would consider dealing both beasley and marion for), im leaning towards the tyson chandler package and heres why:

i think the JO trade makes us better right now but not championship good

if we get chandler AND beasley develops into a 20 ppg scorer next yr, wed be young and in a better position to be contenders as early as next yr
SJ2100
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#125 » by SJ2100 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:20 pm

Iputsomepantson wrote:But who knows, maybe Wright can suddenly become the defensive stopper we've always wanted him to be. (Not likely)

Here is some encouraging news about Wright from the Sun Sentinel. If he can step it up for the 2nd half of the year, I would feel even better about trading Marion for a big, as there would be so many options to replace him at SF:

Dorell Wright looked so good during the Heat's five-on-five workout Friday that coach Spoelstra wouldn't rule out adding him to the active list tonight. Wright has played in just one game this season while working his way back from knee surgery.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/othe ... 1372.story
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#126 » by GameTime_3 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:20 pm

After looking at those, how about this.

Marion(Cap Relief) Deaqon Cook(Young) Quinn( Cap and young,Cheap) and Cash,Picks For Amare!

Amare-Jamal
Beasley-Joel
JJ-Diawara
Wade
Chalmers-Banks

One thing that scares me is, Banks. We need to move Banks while the fire is hot, if we dont trade him this trade deadline, i cant really see us moving him closer to 2010
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#127 » by miamiballer » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:24 pm

yes we ARE NOT going to give up beasley and marion with the kind of offers being thrown around, wed be betting against ourselves

at the end of the day, i see us doing marion for JO OR chandler and in the offseason when tor MIGHT be willing to deal bosh, we pony up beasley and filler, they can take it or leave it but either way we would have a great future
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#128 » by Lane1974 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:30 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:After looking at those, how about this.

Marion(Cap Relief) Deaqon Cook(Young) Quinn( Cap and young,Cheap) and Cash,Picks For Amare!

Amare-Jamal
Beasley-Joel
JJ-Diawara
Wade
Chalmers-Banks

One thing that scares me is, Banks. We need to move Banks while the fire is hot, if we dont trade him this trade deadline, i cant really see us moving him closer to 2010

having Amare, Beasley, and Wade would mitigate the need for dumping Banks (granted we'd want to get rid of him, but we don't need the cap room since we'd be re-signing Amare & Dwyane)
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#129 » by Lane1974 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:32 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:After looking at those, how about this.

Amare-Jamal
Beasley-Joel
JJ-Diawara
Wade
Chalmers-Banks

also, you forgot UD
SJ2100
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#130 » by SJ2100 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:39 pm

Maybe we will swing a 3-way deal, sending another team's prospects to Phoenix. Something like:

Miami gets: Amare, JO
Toronto gets: Marion, Banks
Phoenix gets: Beasley, Blount, Moon

Although I doubt Phoenix takes on Blount
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by Lane1974 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:39 pm

it's hard to trade with PHX because their guys all make either 8 figures or six figures... so we can't just throw in players at them because they don't have guys who make middle money to counter balance it... Marion and Cook isn't enough IMO but Marion and Beasley is too much and they don't really have the ability to send us a useful rotation player back with STAT for Beasley and Marion. Them wanting to cut Shaq also means they don't need UD since they are going young and have little need for a guy of UD's skills without a center like Shaq to play off of.

The interesting thing is how the economy plays into all this, all these billionaire owners who had their dough in the stock market have to be taking a bath these days.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#132 » by rsavaj » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:44 pm

So, friends, Suns want to salary dump Shaq(2010 expiring!)

Anyone want a mulligan(without Banks, of course)?

A one for one swap works salary wise, but if you want Amare in it as well, then:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Wade/Amare/Shaq to me can challenge for the title.
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#133 » by miamiballer » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:46 pm

been there done that
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#134 » by rsavaj » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:58 pm

miamiballer wrote:been there done that

True, but this time you have Amare in the equation...in the east, that's a pretty formidable trio.
HeatInOhio
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#135 » by HeatInOhio » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:00 pm

rsavaj wrote:So, friends, Suns want to salary dump Shaq(2010 expiring!)

Anyone want a mulligan(without Banks, of course)?

I think you would have a hard time finding a lot of support for us to take Shaq back on this team. He quit on this franchise, milked an injury for months, demanded to be traded then publicly bashed Riles and other players in the media after he left. No thanks.

Personally, I don't even want Amare if it involves Beasley. Beasley's per 36 min stats (20 / 8) are on par with Amare's second year 20 / 9 totals (when he averaged 37 mins per game). Both guys are dynamic offensive PFs with subpar defense. I hope Riles pursues JO for Marion / Banks. We get our defensive center, we keep Beasley (who I think will be another Amare type) and we have close to two max contracts available in 2010.
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#136 » by CoolD » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:02 pm

I think someone put this idea forth. If not

Blount and Beasley for Amare

Marion and Banks for J.O

Getting J.O without getting Amare, kind defeats the purpose.

Ofcourse I don't think we could pull the Amare for Blount and Beasley, maybe we add a pick to it.

Maybe even Shaq says, Blount is not all that bad, considering he played with him Miami, and Kerr believes him. But will definite be quite a trade. Only concern is too much star power.

Chalmers, Wade, James Jones, Amare, J.O
Quinn, Cook, Diawara, Haslem, Magloire
Even deep bench, Dorell, and Joel.
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#137 » by miamiballer » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:06 pm

on the chi board a poster is saying that would the phx poster meant was that we rejected a trade of marion/beasley and a 1st or chalmers for amare, NOT marion/beasley for amare

now, not that im hot on that trade but if im miami and if they are willing to do beasley/marion for amare, i call phx's bluff and DO NOT offer a 1st or chalmers as NO ONE can beat our offer

if marion/beasley is on the table, phx will take it, i gaurantee you

IF we trade for amare, i see it as being beasley/marion/cook for amare and barbosa
HeatInOhio
Sixth Man

Post#138 » by HeatInOhio » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:07 pm

We owe Minny our first rounder this year so we can't ship out first rounders to another team I believe.
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#139 » by miamiballer » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:09 pm

must be referring to 2011 pick, eitehr way its too much considering the market for amare, beasley/marion is more than enough and i dont even know if i do it but i can understand both sides of the argument of why riley would or would not do it

i want either bosh, chandler, amare, or JO here after feb 19 in that order
HeatInOhio
Sixth Man

Post#140 » by HeatInOhio » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:13 pm

miamiballer wrote:must be referring to 2011 pick, eitehr way its too much considering the market for amare, beasley/marion is more than enough and i dont even know if i do it but i can understand both sides of the argument of why riley would or would not do it

i want either bosh, chandler, amare, or JO here after feb 19 in that order

I hope we don't trade Beasley for Amare personally. I think Beasley is going to be an Amare clone in another year or two.

Return to Miami Heat