ImageImageImage

Amare Stoudemire thread (out for season? update pg 35)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,258

Re: Rumor: Miami Rejected Amare for Marion/Beasley 

Post#41 » by Heat3 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 4:09 pm

Thank you Riley for not trading Beasley! Keep Amare away from my team.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Zombie_Jesus
Junior
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Zombie_Jesus » Fri Feb 6, 2009 4:41 pm

We need to be looking to trade for defense, not offense.

Given the minutes and assuming he continues to improve at the same rate he's improved throughout the first half of this season, Beasley, IMO, will be matching the same offensive production as Bosh or Amare by the end of 2009 to first half of 2010. He will be a 20/10 guy easily.

What not alot of people are paying attention to is the fact that Beasley will be kept for waayyy cheaper than Amare or Bosh past 2010, and thats assuming youre able to get a contract extension from one of those guys at the point of trade. Otherwise, why would you trade the future for what may end up being a one and a half year rental?

Again, we need someone who can provide interior defense, otherwise, we can score all the points we want and still get absolutely murdered inside. Trading for Bosh or Amare still means you need to make another trade to get a viable option at center. You ALREADY have a guy that fills in the role that Amare or Bosh will be filling in 2010, so why not focus on further developing him and then gunning for someone that will take care of the gaping hole you have at center?

Even if we make a trade for Amare or Bosh at the cost of Marion and Beasley, our defficiencies in other areas will not have us winning this year (who will score off the bench? who will play defense in the middle?).

I say no to Bosh or Amare for anything involving Beasley. We already have our second scorer. Lets keep him and use our pieces to find a defensive center, which is why I am all for the JON gamble.
Heat11114
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 99

Post#43 » by Heat11114 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 4:49 pm

We're not exactly lighting it up in offense. 23rd in PPG. 21st in FG%. 24th in Points per shot. Our defense ranks across the board better than our offense.It's extremely rare that you find that one trade that turns everything around.

Not to mention JO isn't gonna solve all of our defensive problems either.
"To do what others can't you must do what others won't"
"People don't lack strength... They lack will"
CaneFlash
Sophomore

Post#44 » by CaneFlash » Fri Feb 6, 2009 4:56 pm

Heat11114 wrote:We're not exactly lighting it up in offense. 23rd in PPG. 21st in FG%. 24th in Points per shot. Our defense ranks across the board better than our offense.It's extremely rare that you find that one trade that turns everything around.

Not to mention JO isn't gonna solve all of our defensive problems either.

Our post defense is still below average and needs an upgrade fast. Last game against the Magic, our frontcourt was outscored by 45, most of it in the paint. We won that game because of perimeter defense and the Magic were bad from the 3pt stripe. Yao went 12-12 earlier this year. JON fits more needs right now than Amare does, while keeping our best young player in Beasley in Miami.
Welcome to Wade County
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,175

Post#45 » by SA37 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:09 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:What you get your master's in?

English Ed.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#46 » by HIF » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:41 pm

You know this is a bad trade for miami when you go to the Phx board and they are creaming themselves about the possibility of getting Beasley and Marion.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
FlashTheKilla
Lead Assistant
And1: 64

Post#47 » by FlashTheKilla » Fri Feb 6, 2009 5:46 pm

If this rumor is true in the first place and Riley really did turn this down I hope Mike Beasley himself catches word of it. Knowing that Riley would not trade him for Stoudamire is a definite confidence-booster for Beas.
Darkstar
Junior
And1: 97

Post#48 » by Darkstar » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:11 pm

Someone on the Suns board is saying that PHX wants a pick (not sure if it's a first or second) or Chalmers in addition to Marion/Beas. Dunno how true it is though.
CRHeel94
Junior

Post#49 » by CRHeel94 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:33 pm

I'm not big on Amare (defense, attitude, injuries). I would much prefer Bosh. And I think the reasoning agiants a Bosh trade is in effect here. Why trade two of your most important assets for a guy who you could sign in 2010?
OH - IO
Junior

Post#50 » by OH - IO » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:55 pm

It really intrigues me that we could add both chandler and Amare.
CRHeel94
Junior

Post#51 » by CRHeel94 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:11 pm

Why not Bosh and Chandler?
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#52 » by GameTime_3 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:18 pm

OH - IO wrote:It really intrigues me that we could add both chandler and Amare.

To me, thats the only way i get rid of Beasley. A front court of Chandler/Amare would be sick.

Haslem/Beasley/Banks/D.Wright/2 second rounders For Amare/Barbosa

Marion/Joel for Chandler/Butler/Ely

That would be a pretty sick team!

Chanlder/Jamal
Amare/Ely
JJ/Diawara
Wade/Cook
Chalmers/Barbosa
OH - IO
Junior

Post#53 » by OH - IO » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:22 pm

CRHeel94 wrote:Why not Bosh and Chandler?

Not sure we could get bosh for beasley haslem and filler.
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#54 » by salqaddoumi » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:23 pm

I can't wait till the trade deadline is over, we just spent 4 pages discussing a made up trade by some guy on an internet message board.
drivewayball
Suspended
And1: 68

Post#55 » by drivewayball » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:25 pm

Intrigued to add Chandler? What's more intriguing, his lack of rebounding or lack of scoring. Chandler's a stiff by any measure. J. O'Neal should be crossed off on the basis of being too fragile and being too spendy. Bosh would be okay. Stoudemire would be the best. Marion, Beasley and a draft pick would be just fine. Just do it.
canefandynasty
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#56 » by canefandynasty » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:04 pm

I don't think Amare could thrive in a halfcourt system. It would be terrible for Riley to make the deal whilst giving up Beas. Beas spaces the floor more due to better range and Amare doesn't even try on defense. At least Beas is a capable defender.

What Miami really needs is a defensive big. Forget Bosh and Amare. Both can't play D anyway, so why do y'all want them. What do they do that Beasley cannot? Bosh is not known for being clutch. Beasley has kept us in games in the 4th quarter. Look at the other day when we played the Pistons. You could also YouTube part 9 of the game at Lakers for further proof.

Amare has been known for attitude problems and his D would certainly not help this team
BigDaddyPR
Analyst
And1: 118

Post#57 » by BigDaddyPR » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:15 pm

Amare is a freaking beast, Beasley will be good , but amare is 26, an athletic freak, can score any time he wants.. and imo.. he can rebound and defend better if hes happy... just imagine Wade and amare along with the very youg core of the Heat.... imo, riley should pull the trigger on this trade....

Dont judge amare by this years performance, hes just frustrated and just cruising through until porter is fired, Shaq is traded or he is finally moved...
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#58 » by Lane1974 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:17 pm

last year Amare was like 25 and 9 on 59% shooting.... then they trade for Shaq which ends up in reduced touches for him, you can see why he'd be upset
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,863

Post#59 » by unowen85 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:20 pm

canefandynasty wrote:What do they do that Beasley cannot? Bosh is not known for being clutch. Beasley has kept us in games in the 4th quarter. Look at the other day when we played the Pistons. You could also YouTube part 9 of the game at Lakers for further proof.

Beasley is 6'8. Bosh is 6'11. That is a significant difference in height.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#60 » by miamiballer » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:33 pm

beasley is 6'9 not 6'8

Return to Miami Heat