ImageImageImage

Amare Stoudemire thread (out for season? update pg 35)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Dresta
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Re: Amare Stoudemire thread 

Post#441 » by Dresta » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:29 am

Zombie_Jesus wrote:Ive watched the last two Suns games focusing hard on Amare. Its only served to reinforce my belief that I dont want him.

He's fantastic offensively, but thats about it. He doesnt even ATTEMPT to play one iota of defense. Its very different from say Quinn TRYING to play defense and not being able to match up with the other talent in the league, or Beasley trying to play defense and being flat out inexperienced and green - from what I saw in these last two games, Amare DOES NOT TRY TO GUARD ANYONE WHATSOEVER. He's also overrated as a rebounder and gets by on being athletic but has very poor hustle.

I dont think hed match up with the Miami Heat culture. Athletic freak, offensive beast, yeah he's all of that, but he seems to not care at times out on the court. At least Beasley looks like hes eager to learn and be coached.

I am very confident Beasley will be just as offensively productive as Amare in at most two more seasons as long as hes given the minutes. But Beasley also has the potential to be a defensive player if hes open to learning and working hard. Sure, it aint guaranteed that he'll be a good defender, but at least theres a shot and hes open to developing in our system. With Amare, you KNOW he'll never play any defense for you.

Marion/Banks for J.O. and call it a day.
this .
Dresta
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#442 » by Dresta » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:42 am

billydrew wrote:
Beasley isnt a PF. He isnt a post-up scorer. He cant play above the rim. He isnt gonna be ready for years, he's 19, Wade just turned 27, he's playing BIW level and is ready to win now (as Amare is), that would immediately be a way better 1-2 punch(+ Barbosa) than Kobe-Gasol(Odom) or Lebron-Big Z(Mo Will). Plus Beasley also cant play defense even half as well as Amare can when he's motivated and happy.

wow, it's amazing how many times you can be wrong in one paragraph. Let's count:
- Beasley's 20, not 19
- Beasley can play above the rim, that's clear.
- He's as much of a post up scorer as Amare, they're both primarily face-up players though.
- Kobe, Gasol is miles better the Wade Amare.
- Beasley plays better defense then Amare, who's never tried on defense.
- There's no reason Beasley can't be ready by next year, look at the improvement D Cook has made.

That's 6 times, impressive.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,282

Post#443 » by BBallFreak » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:38 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... n_beasley/

Per wiretap, the Suns have no interest in Beasley and Marion for Amare, a fact which I am now thrilled with. At first, I'd have done it, but upon further reflection, Amare's attitude scares the hell out of me. I don't want him on this team, messing with Wade and the kids.

At this point, I'd prefer to either push for Bosh, or just go for Miller or JO...
DC_20
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#444 » by DC_20 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:42 pm

yeh... to be honest i think im back on the jermaine bandwagon... marion/beasley would of been too much on our side anyway
sunsfolife
Junior
And1: 20

Post#445 » by sunsfolife » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:48 pm

I don't think you guys realize the kind of beast that could possibly come to Miami. This is the same guy who averaged 37 points in the conference finals against the spurs. If put in Miami, its possible for him to unlease his dominance again. Too bad it isnt working in the Phoenix now. Oh and Kerr is a moron. Id like to emphasize that as well.
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#446 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:53 pm

sunsfolife wrote:I don't think you guys realize the kind of beast that could possibly come to Miami. This is the same guy who averaged 37 points in the conference finals against the spurs. If put in Miami, its possible for him to unless his dominance again. Too bad it isnt working in the Phoenix now. Oh and Kerr is a moron. Id like to emphasize that as well.

exactly, Amare is very underrated now. And i agree with your last sentence for the fact that Kerr supposedly prefers Tyrus Thomas over Beasley. :-?
sunsfolife
Junior
And1: 20

Post#447 » by sunsfolife » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:04 pm

yeh seriously
beasley or thomas?
no brainer
well Kerr has no brain so...
Im just looking forward to see what happens but to me, you guys have the best to offer by far.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#448 » by heat4life » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:22 pm

I think Kerr sees Tyrus Thomas Athletic ability and is able to draw some compasisons. With Beasley you have a player with a different style of play and if you think about, with Shaq there, it just doesn't fit. Now I am not saying Thomas is better than Beasley. Just from a fitting in stand point, it doesn't make sense.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Re Heated
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#449 » by Re Heated » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:08 pm

This was an interesting blurb in the Chicago newspapers

"The Detroit Pistons, whom the Bulls host tonight, also reportedly are talking to the Suns and Heat."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketba ... 10.article

I wonder what kind of 3 way deal Riley is cooking up.
aybe something that gets us AI and Amare. That would be sweet.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#450 » by Flash3 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:10 pm

^AI?

I'll pass/
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
FlashTheKilla
Lead Assistant
And1: 64

Post#451 » by FlashTheKilla » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Flash3 wrote:^AI?

I'll pass/

Yeah no AI, but I'd welcome Tay-Tay or Stuckey on this team with open arms. Although I don't know where Stuckey would get his minutes...

Rasheed Wallace is also a pass for me, too old with too many years of underachievement under his belt.

As for Beasley vs. Tyrus Thomas? It is truly idiotic for Kerr to covet Thomas more. If the Suns really want to keep Shaq why wouldn't they want a PF with one of the smoothest mid-range J's I've ever seen? Shaq and Amare don't mesh well because they have inside games, despite Amare recently adding a decent mid-range shot. But still, wouldn't Beasley-Shaq be a good inside-outside duo as opposed to yet another athletic freak who suffers from Shaq's lane-clogging?

Not understanding the logic there by Kerr...
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#452 » by Lane1974 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:25 pm

maybe it's PHX's public relations way of saying "you can't fire me, I quit" since it was reported we turned down the Marion/Beasley offer from the start
jmbflame21
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#453 » by jmbflame21 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 pm

theres no way Riley trades beasley anywhere, he has way too much upside and Riley keeps players with huge potential (ex. D Wright)
Image Image
Heat11114
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 99

Post#454 » by Heat11114 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Wright's situation is a little different. He's never shown anything in actual games but reportedly is awesome in practice. Meaning his value is zilch but the coaches have seen flashes. If we could get anything for him he'd probably be gone already (especially since we have too many wings at this point)
"To do what others can't you must do what others won't"
"People don't lack strength... They lack will"
jmbflame21
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#455 » by jmbflame21 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Heat11114 wrote:Wright's situation is a little different. He's never shown anything in actual games but reportedly is awesome in practice. Meaning his value is zilch but the coaches have seen flashes. If we could get anything for him he'd probably be gone already (especially since we have too many wings at this point)

Yea good point, but i just feel that Riley isn't willing to dump Beasley off in his first year in the league especially since he has shown so much development already with a rookie coach, rookie point guard and no real big man on the team what so ever. I feel Riley is definitely going to move Marion, but where is still a little blurry at the moment. Marion for JO seems the best option right now
Image Image
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#456 » by Flash3 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:07 pm

jmbflame21 wrote:theres no way Riley trades beasley anywhere, he has way too much upside and Riley keeps players with huge potential (ex. D Wright)

:lol:
drivewayball
Suspended
And1: 68

Post#457 » by drivewayball » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:08 pm

I can't see the Beasley upside that so many of you see. 45% shooter and inept defender that is not a strong interior scorer. Hardly a solid power forward prospect. I think the Heat management is perfectly happy to move him. I'd trade Beasley for Tyrus Thomas if that's the guy the Suns want.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#458 » by GameTime_3 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:21 pm

The Portland Trail Blazers have made a strong play for Amare Stoudemire, discussing a package that includes LaMarcus Aldridge, Jerryd Bayless, and Raef LeFrentz's $12.7 million expiring contract, a person with direct knowledge of the talks told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

If Portland offer this deal, then i don't see how anyone else would have a chance. If i was Portland, i would hold off and keep Aldridge.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#459 » by heat4life » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:32 pm

Portland's deal might be as good as it gets for Phoenix with Miami's Marion/Beasley right behind it.

As for Beasley, the game comes to him so easily on the offensive side but I can tell that he struggles with the mental part of the game. It is obvious that when he has the ball in his hands, he can make it happen but moving the ball around and positioning to get teammates open is a learning process for him. On the defensive end, he makes mental mistakes but I do like that he tries. Very often when he misses a rotation we get beat badly hence why we see games where he plays 15 minutes.

The kid needs a lot of work but you can't help to wonder with all that talent what he can be if/when he puts it all together one day. Pat Riley must be going nuts trying to preach patience with this youngster. It paid off with Cook (see last season). Let's hope it plays out the same way with Beasley and we see a player that "gets it" next season as well.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#460 » by Flash3 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:56 pm

With a big 3 of Oden/Amare/Roy and a cast of role players they have, Portland, if they can get everyone on the same page, can be a formidable opponent out west come playoff time.

Return to Miami Heat