ImageImageImage

Amare Stoudemire thread (out for season? update pg 35)

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Re: Amare Stoudemire thread 

Post#501 » by dflash3 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:06 pm

Id really much rather wait and go after Bosh if the Heat are so intent trading Beasley. Amare has character issues which Im sure wont be a problem if he comes to Miami but he did have microfracture surgery. He may be fine but Bosh is the better option with his height and defense.
KyleH186
Senior
And1: 8

Post#502 » by KyleH186 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:07 pm

If you are worried about Wade being happy just ask him about the trade. If he is against it obviously you don't do it. If he is for it then how can be upset if it doesn't work out. You have to assume Riley will run any trade by wade before he pulls the trigger. I wouldn't be surprised if Wade has the final say.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#503 » by GameTime_3 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:54 pm

KyleH186 wrote:If you are worried about Wade being happy just ask him about the trade. If he is against it obviously you don't do it. If he is for it then how can be upset if it doesn't work out. You have to assume Riley will run any trade by wade before he pulls the trigger. I wouldn't be surprised if Wade has the final say.

Riley cant call wade, everyone knows on the weekends, its party time...The only thing he knows how to say is "Yes, Yes,Yes...ohhhhhh, Yes,don't stop, YESSS"
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#504 » by miamiballer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:07 pm

get your popcorn ready for the JO/amare/wade show...please...
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#505 » by GameTime_3 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:34 pm

This is from a poster on the suns board. They say he is reliable and he works for the suns. This is the latest he has....

dbdynsty25 wrote:Sarver and Fie (the public relations chick) are in with Kerr right now...office has tensed up. Something is going down. The problem is that the media may learn before me! :(

What could be the deal?
AlonzoHeat
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#506 » by AlonzoHeat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:40 pm

I bet it's with the Pistons. Something like Sheed plus Prince.
jmbflame21
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#507 » by jmbflame21 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:43 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:This is from a poster on the suns board. They say he is reliable and he works for the suns. This is the latest he has....

dbdynsty25 wrote:Sarver and Fie (the public relations chick) are in with Kerr right now...office has tensed up. Something is going down. The problem is that the media may learn before me! :(

What could be the deal?

hmmm exciting
Image Image
CaneFlash
Sophomore

Post#508 » by CaneFlash » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:44 pm

jmbflame21 wrote:
GameTime_3 wrote:This is from a poster on the suns board. They say he is reliable and he works for the suns. This is the latest he has....

What could be the deal?

hmmm exciting

Trade or possible coach firing?
Welcome to Wade County
MissileMike
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,015

Post#509 » by MissileMike » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:37 pm

No lineup changes for either the bulls or heat tonight, just announced:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_y ... 2009021204
Iputsomepantson
Banned User

Post#510 » by Iputsomepantson » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:56 am

Grizzly fans seem to think they are getting Beasley and Blount in a 3 way trade for Amare.

Shoot, if we only have to give up Beasley and Blount for Amare and we can trade Marion and Banks for JO DO IT.
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#511 » by miamiballer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:01 am

DO IT RILEY

i dont hate beasley like mr. pants, but its amare f'ing stoudemire
bgassassin
Starter

Post#512 » by bgassassin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:10 am

Iputsomepantson wrote:Grizzly fans seem to think they are getting Beasley and Blount in a 3 way trade for Amare.

Shoot, if we only have to give up Beasley and Blount for Amare and we can trade Marion and Banks for JO DO IT.

Haha. That was a deal I came up with based on the little bit of information from the article and some others seemed to like that deal as well. I do think it would be the most feasible thing. You guys get off of Blount and get Amare.
miamiballer
General Manager

Post#513 » by miamiballer » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:17 am

when its time to make championship runs call memphis...its the riley way
JNichols42887
Sophomore

Post#514 » by JNichols42887 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:44 pm

Anybody seen this?

PHOENIX – As the Miami Heat continue their pursuit of All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire, Heat president Pat Riley has enlisted the Memphis Grizzlies to be a third-team facilitator with the Phoenix Suns, league sources said Thursday night.

The proposed multiplayer trade is fluid, but the framework would include the Suns receiving a package that includes Miami forward Shawn Marion and Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay. Miami would send rookie Michael Beasley to the Grizzlies. More players would be needed to balance out salary-cap rules.

“Miami knows that they can’t get this done directly with Phoenix,” one league executive said. “The big thing is that they know the Suns like Gay.”

Suns owner Robert Sarver directly called Memphis’ Michael Heisley to discuss trade possibilities between the two teams. The Memphis Commercial Appeal reported that the Grizzlies rejected a Suns’ proposal of Gay, forward Hakim Warrick and point guard Mike Conley for Stoudemire. It also reported the possibility of a three-way discussion.

Before the 2008 NBA draft, the Grizzlies tried hard to trade up to get Miami’s No. 2 pick to draft Beasley. The teams never came to terms, and Memphis ultimately worked the draft-day O.J. Mayo-Kevin Love trade. Gay hasn’t meshed well with Mayo, who took over as the Grizzlies’ top scorer.

For the Suns, Marion’s possible return would be an ironic turn of events. The Suns traded him to Miami one year ago for Shaquille O’Neal, and now, he’s attractive because of his expiring contract. The Heat have tried to shop Marion to bring back a strong low-post player, and have tried to get teams to take guard Marcus Banks with him, sources said.

The Heat believe they could sign Amare Stoudemire to a long-term extension before he has the ability to become a free agent in the summer of 2010. Phoenix seems determined to move Stoudemire before Thursday’s trade deadline. As the Suns try to change a failing chemistry, they’ve found a league that isn’t interested in taking Shaquille O’Neal and his contract.

The Portland Trail Blazers also have discussed a trade for Stoudemire, and sources said they have offered the expiring contract of Raef LaFrentz and rookie point guard Jerryd Bayless. The Chicago Bulls also continue to talk with the Suns about Stoudemire.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,382

Post#515 » by Heat3 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:49 pm

new wiretap saying Heat gave up on Amare and are focusing on Oneal....nobody knows anything. The way things are going I predict Riley will get KG :)
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

jmbflame21
General Manager

Post#516 » by jmbflame21 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:50 pm

yea this rumor came out yesterday. I dont think its going to happen because Riley is no longer shopping Beasley. He will probably just do the JO deal and call it a day.
Image Image
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#517 » by Flash3 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Amare out up to 8 wks

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/stoudemire ... 90220.html

edit: reports are saying it's a season ender, perhaps.

:o
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
jmbflame21
General Manager

Post#518 » by jmbflame21 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:37 pm

yea just heard that! that sucks for the suns, hopefully his eye will heal by 2010 :)
Image Image
M_nus
Rookie

Re: Amare Stoudemire thread (out for season? update pg 35) 

Post#519 » by M_nus » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:59 pm

That's probably the only reason he wasn't traded
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,695

Re: Amare Stoudemire thread (out for season? update pg 35) 

Post#520 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:00 pm

He hurt his eye because he already had one on the Heat for 2010...ok lame joke but I couldn't resist.
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.

Return to Miami Heat