ImageImageImage

Miami vs Portland -- Sun -- 6pm

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Re: Miami vs Portland -- Sun -- 6pm 

Post#221 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:37 pm

HIF wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
HIF wrote:guess we lost again - the miami fans turn on everyone.

Yeah, glad you're here to be above everyone else and tell us what simpletons we are. What would we do without you.

:lol: Complain even more.

It just amazes me how so manu of you swing from one extreme to another depending on whether we won the game.

Beas was being beaten by Aldridge every time down the court near the end, it was right to take him out.

First of all, the complaints are a show of passion for the team that we all care about. The same people that complain are likely to be the ones that buy tickets and support the team through thick and thin.

As far as the Aldridge thing, did you watch the game? Beasley being pulled had nothing to do with that, and Haslem did nothing to impact the game when he was brought in, Aldridge scored on him just as easily.

The problem is, the Beasley thing is the same every game, when he is a developing young player that has more than proven his worth.

It feels to some like we have a robot coaching this team. He doesn't react to games or the situation, he just does the same thing every single time. Everyone knew Beasley would get pulled late in the 4th quarter despite him having a very good game and Haslem being a nonfactor, thats what is so frustrating.

I think for some people, they'd have to see Beasley go 10 for 10 and then pulled for Haslem who subsequently has 10 straight turnovers that lead to points for the opposition, before they would even begin to think of questioning the coach. Nobody blames everything on the coach, but this is an issue that is happening every single time, and it needs to be addressed.

When players don't play great, thats on them, but there is no simple solution to that. You can't just say "Wade, be great again", because its not that easy. But leaving Beasley in the game when he's playing good? That is easy!
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#222 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:31 pm

So Spo explained...and I can't quite get his reasoning?

MIAMI - When Michael Beasley was pulled from Sunday's 102-95 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers with 4:28 to play, the Miami Heat led by one.

When the second-year power forward was reinserted with 28.7 seconds to play, the Heat trailed by seven.

That had coach Erik Spoelstra answering Monday for another late-game stretch played in the absence of the No. 2 overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

"That's always going to be a fine line at the end of the game, it is," Spoelstra acknowledged. "And Michael had played well."

Beasley shot 7 of 13 from the field for 17 points, with eight rebounds, in 30 minutes. His primary defensive assignment, LaMarcus Aldridge, closed with 23 points and eight rebounds.

Beasley was pulled in favor of center Jermaine O'Neal after playing the first 7 1/2 minutes of the fourth quarter, at a point when the Blazers were maximizing their size advantage.

"At that point," Spoelstra said, "they were doing some things offensively that were challenging and I put our most-veteran defensive lineup out there.

"Mike will get his chances, and I thought he played well during the game. His contribution was big, to get us to that point."

The debate over Beasley and late-game minutes seems to be a never-ending one.

"I think to analyze that three-minute stretch of Mike being on the bench, that's probably over-analyzing things," Spoelstra said.

"Mike will get his chances."

Uhm what? In the ORL game, it took a James freaking Jones foul out to insert him. And this Portland game is just another case.

All words, Spoelstra. All words. Just do it.

Please Add the links to where you got your information---GameTime_3
:hug:
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#223 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:42 pm

LOL @ Spo! I don't even get mad anymore, I just laugh. This guy sounds like Larry Cooker when he didn't know how to answer the question. "they were doing some things offensively that were challenging" Really Spo they did something different? Your coaching in the NBA, teams are going to make adjustments and force you to change.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#224 » by DWadeno3 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:00 am

GameTime_3 wrote:LOL @ Spo! I don't even get mad anymore, I just laugh. This guy sounds like Larry Cooker when he didn't know how to answer the question. "they were doing some things offensively that were challenging" Really Spo they did something different? Your coaching in the NBA, teams are going to make adjustments and force you to change.

Well probably these in-game adjustments were totally new to him since he never makes use of em himself. I'm not the biggest Beasley fan but he's a Heat player and the kid has potential and really put him some work and also seems to be mentally stronger. So let him play! If he can develop throughout the season, he can be a killer in the playoffs if he develops any kind of chemistry with Wade. So Spoelstra, instead of talking so much non-sense, get in your office and do your job!

#HeatLifer
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#225 » by Hallstar » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:05 am

DayofMourning wrote:^^^
It would benefit Wade to let his teammates have some shots instead of pounding the ball on the hardwood for 15 seconds of the shot clock before shooting a fadeaway jumper that he is going to miss.

He's forcing the one on five offense. Bad basketball.

Funny, when Wade is out the ball moves around so much better and the team can get on some good runs with mediocre talent.

On another night taking the same shots the boxscore is 13/23 with 10 ft

He got NOTHING at the rim..his only fts it took a flagrant. The midrange was working again last night and floated ~ 50%fg most of the night.

The game was lost when Beasley subbed out...period.. Wade was left with no other offensive player on the floor. That leads to Wade on 5.

And whoever said Wade played better couple years ago is being foolish. Just off turnovers alone(career low) that's ludicrous.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#226 » by Wade2k6 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:01 am

Beasley with 7 points (2-3 shooting, 2-3 FT), 2 rebounds, an assist, and a 1 point lead in the first 7.5 minutes of the Q. I'm not counting the scrub minutes when the idiot finally decided to put Beasley in the game.
Haslem with 0 points (no shots), 0 boards, and 2 rebounds in 11.5 minutes.
When Beasley re-enters the game with 28 seconds left they're now down 7.
Now you tell me who was the more productive player in that 4th Q (HIF).

I've come to the conclusion that Haslem and Spo are lovers and Spo doesn't want to upset Haslem by sitting him.
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#227 » by fishfuego. » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:56 am

Spo should get a job in the White House as a speaker err wait, who the heck is going to buy the non sense he is spoon feeding (or trying to) us. Unless they are trying to hide Beasley from getting trade value and show that Haslem is the one when talking trades..I don't know, is getting to a point that I have to over analyze everything to figure out such decision..the Beasley thing does not make sense.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Post#228 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:59 am

Wade2k6 wrote:Beasley with 7 points (2-3 shooting, 2-3 FT), 2 rebounds, an assist, and a 1 point lead in the first 7.5 minutes of the Q. I'm not counting the scrub minutes when the idiot finally decided to put Beasley in the game.
Haslem with 0 points (no shots), 0 boards, and 2 rebounds in 11.5 minutes.
When Beasley re-enters the game with 28 seconds left they're now down 7.
Now you tell me who was the more productive player in that 4th Q (HIF).

I've come to the conclusion that Haslem and Spo are lovers and Spo doesn't want to upset Haslem by sitting him.

Seriously Haslem and the Heat need a divorce asap. Spo/Wade have turned Haslem into a negative presence on the court.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#229 » by Wade2k6 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:39 am

Well at least the Heat weren't up 35 and wind up losing like the Bulls :lol:
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#230 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:44 am

Wade2k6 wrote:Well at least the Heat weren't up 35 and wind up losing like the Bulls :lol:

Touche.
:hug:
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#231 » by salqaddoumi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:17 am

I'm going to repeat this again: Our current head coach has admitted to the media himself that he has a poster of UD scowling hung up in his office. I believe it was media day when he said it, that's really all that needs to be said about this topic.

Nothing is going to change until he's gone. I honestly would not even care if Beasley blows up on him one of these days because it's just not ****ing fair anymore. This isn't the first time he's been screwed over and it wont be the last. There's nothing else he can do to earn minutes and i've gained infinite amounts of respect for his maturity because he's stayed quiet and professional throughout this whole thing. I know it's eating him up on the inside.

I used to always say it was ridiculous for people to be calling for Spo's head but i've reached a breaking point. Do we really want this guy coaching our (hopefully) championship contending team next season?
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#232 » by HIF » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:44 am

Yeah Tim I watched the game, I watch every single heat game in it's entirety.

I'm a big Beas supporter but Aldridge was coming down and scoring on him every time - watch the game again if you don't believe me. I agree that Haslem didn't do any better but it was the correct move. Haslem has shown that he can defend better than Beas at the end of games.

Beas is still young and learning.

Attacking your own team is not supporting, whatever dictionary you use.

Agreed that Wade played poorly to end the game and that cost us. The 3 attempt when we were just 2 down was really bad. Passing to Dorrell for the 3 was also a poor choice. Still if he'd been pulled from the game because he was making bad decisions in the last 2 minutes then Spo would have been crucified. I'd only critisize Spo for having Dorrel shoot the three as opposed to Q. In the end Spo had players on the court that should have won the game in crunch time but didn't, the players were to blame for the defeat, but so what, it was a good game to watch and **** happens.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Nupe_1911
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#233 » by Nupe_1911 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:54 pm

HIF wrote:Yeah Tim I watched the game, I watch every single heat game in it's entirety.

I'm a big Beas supporter but Aldridge was coming down and scoring on him every time - watch the game again if you don't believe me. I agree that Haslem didn't do any better but it was the correct move. Haslem has shown that he can defend better than Beas at the end of games.
I watched the game. The only time I saw L.A. score on Beasley repeatedly was the 1st quarter. That was it. Aldridge finished with 23 points on 10 - 23 shooting so he was not exactly lighting it up. Further, you admit Haslem did no better than Beasley. I'd say Haslem did worse than Beasley in actuality. Haslem had less points, less blocks, less steals, less assists and equal rebounds to Beasley despite playing more minutes than Beasley.

HIF wrote:Attacking your own team is not supporting, whatever dictionary you use.{/quote] Pointing out poor coaching is not attacking your team. It's called criticism. Nothing more, nothing less.

HIF wrote:Agreed that Wade played poorly to end the game and that cost us. The 3 attempt when we were just 2 down was really bad. Passing to Dorrell for the 3 was also a poor choice. Still if he'd been pulled from the game because he was making bad decisions in the last 2 minutes then Spo would have been crucified. I'd only critisize Spo for having Dorrel shoot the three as opposed to Q. In the end Spo had players on the court that should have won the game in crunch time but didn't, the players were to blame for the defeat, but so what, it was a good game to watch and **** happens.
Nonsense. Dorrell has been shooting the three just fine the last week or two. If Dorrell was open then Wade was obligated to pass him the ball for the open shot. Really, you can't bench your second best offensive player then put Wade on the floor to play 1 v 5 then blame Wade when he can't bail the team out.

Phil Jackson does not bench all his good offensive players down the stretch and force Kobe to play 1 v 5. Nate McMillan does not bench all his offensive players at the end of games and force Roy to play 1 v 5. In OKC, offensive players are not benched at the end of games in order to make Durant play 1 v 5.

If a team has the personnel to do so, and the Heat have Beasley who can create his own shot, then it should never be 1 v 5 down the stretch of a game. Beasley can draw double teams or at the very least make his defender play honest D. This would make it far easier for Wade to drive to the hole and close games out.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#234 » by HIF » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:51 pm

So we saw different things and disagree on the correct course of action. That's an advantage of being a fan, we can move on and disagree on something else later without any bad feeling.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#235 » by DWadeno3 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:59 pm

What do you guys think about this article and especially about Wade's reactions?

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/basketball/story/1392249.html

#HeatLifer
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,441

Post#236 » by MartyConlonJr » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:44 pm

Beasley:

Spo:

Haslem:

Return to Miami Heat