ImageImageImage

Miami vs Portland -- Sun -- 6pm

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Re: Miami vs Portland -- Sun -- 6pm 

Post#61 » by DWadeno3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:11 am

britblazerdude wrote:I'm not tryin' to be a troll here but...Wade took 8 steps instead of pivoting once...

What play are you talking about?

And have you ever watched Kobe or LeBron play? It's not a coinicidence that LeBron gets called LeTravel...

#HeatLifer
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#62 » by dflash3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:11 am

Could this be the game where Wade strings together two consecutive good games?
whatchaknow
Analyst
And1: 716

Post#63 » by whatchaknow » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:11 am

Mundo wrote:i think the blazers are going to fall apart in the second half

Its usually the 3rd quarter that hurts us. So if we are going to fall apart that will be the time, but i think it will come down to the wire. Neither team should shoot over 50% in the 2nd half which means it will most likely be a low scoring game with this kinda pace
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,096

Post#64 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:12 am

britblazerdude wrote:I'm not tryin' to be a troll here...

Coulda fooled me.

Seriously just go away. Roy travels all the damn time, don't need to hear from a Blazers fan about Wade.
Dresta
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#65 » by Dresta » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:12 am

whatchaknow wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Not happy with the way we've used Beasley tonight, Haslem needs to get comfortable on that bench a little more often, and I wish we'd just cut Joel.

Other than that, good half, might have to switch Wade onto Roy in the 2nd half if he keeps hitting shots.

Beasley looked bad when Aldridge was on him, but as soon as we put in Howard and Tolliver Beasley beat the crap out of em. I was never a big Beasley believer but he is a tough cover. Is he more a 3 or a 4 for you guys?

Tbf to Beasley, i'm not sure if he touched the ball for the first 6 minutes when LA was on him.
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#66 » by DWadeno3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
britblazerdude wrote:I'm not tryin' to be a troll here...

Coulda fooled me.

Seriously just go away. Roy travels all the damn time, don't need to hear from a Blazers fan about Wade.

And it's not like Wade is traveling all the time.
He did not even get the fall coul in the opening minutes when Przybilla bumped him on a jump shot and that was a clear foul. So please, don't you come up with any benefit talk. :roll:

#HeatLifer
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#67 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:15 am

Dresta wrote:
whatchaknow wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Not happy with the way we've used Beasley tonight, Haslem needs to get comfortable on that bench a little more often, and I wish we'd just cut Joel.

Other than that, good half, might have to switch Wade onto Roy in the 2nd half if he keeps hitting shots.

Beasley looked bad when Aldridge was on him, but as soon as we put in Howard and Tolliver Beasley beat the crap out of em. I was never a big Beasley believer but he is a tough cover. Is he more a 3 or a 4 for you guys?

Tbf to Beasley, i'm not sure if he touched the ball for the first 6 minutes when LA was on him.

Exactly. Now, he didn't do much to stop Aldridge from scoring, but then Aldridge didn't do much to score besides stroke 12-18 foot jumpers.

Beasley isn't touching the ball enough, and quite frankly, he has been our best scorer the past 2 weeks or so, yes, even better than Wade. Wade needs to stop forcing some of the shots he has lately, and hopefully get a bit more lift as his conditioning improves.
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#68 » by DWadeno3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:19 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Other than that, good half, might have to switch Wade onto Roy in the 2nd half if he keeps hitting shots.

Beasley looked bad when Aldridge was on him, but as soon as we put in Howard and Tolliver Beasley beat the crap out of em. I was never a big Beasley believer but he is a tough cover. Is he more a 3 or a 4 for you guys?[/quote]
Tbf to Beasley, i'm not sure if he touched the ball for the first 6 minutes when LA was on him.[/quote]
Exactly. Now, he didn't do much to stop Aldridge from scoring, but then Aldridge didn't do much to score besides stroke 12-18 foot jumpers.

Beasley isn't touching the ball enough, and quite frankly, he has been our best scorer the past 2 weeks or so, yes, even better than Wade. Wade needs to stop forcing some of the shots he has lately, and hopefully get a bit more lift as his conditioning improves.[/quote]

Beasley just got these mental lapses from time to time, especially on defense but yeah you're right, he's scored at a very efficient rate.

I'm pretty sure Wade will get into prime shape soon though because Grover has arrived and he'll let his magic work. :D Well at least I hope he does...

#HeatLifer
whatchaknow
Analyst
And1: 716

Post#69 » by whatchaknow » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:21 am

[quote="Tim_Hardawayy"]
Exactly. Now, he didn't do much to stop Aldridge from scoring, but then Aldridge didn't do much to score besides stroke 12-18 foot jumpers. quote]

Thats my biggest gripe with Aldridge. Obviously he has a mismatch with Beasley guarding him and he settles for jumpshots. What hurts Aldridge is that he isnt good with his left hand so thats why a guy like Beasley can score in the paint more effectively than LA because he can use both hands.

btw what happened to Mario? I thought the guy had a bright future, is it just a slump or has he been like this for awhile?
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,189

Post#70 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:22 am

Ideally i would want Beasley to work out with Wade to get some sort of Chemisty going because there is nothing right now on the court chemisty wise
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#71 » by britblazerdude » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:25 am

How come Miami doesn't sell out?

You'd think Dwyane Wade would be enough to sell the stadium out. Especially because they have a championship in the last 5 years.

Does attendance go up after Dolphin's are done?
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#72 » by DWadeno3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:26 am

Man was that a shocker when Wade went down.
Get Arroyo out of the game, he's back to his awful self again...

#HeatLifer
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#73 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:26 am

whatchaknow wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Exactly. Now, he didn't do much to stop Aldridge from scoring, but then Aldridge didn't do much to score besides stroke 12-18 foot jumpers. quote]

Thats my biggest gripe with Aldridge. Obviously he has a mismatch with Beasley guarding him and he settles for jumpshots. What hurts Aldridge is that he isnt good with his left hand so thats why a guy like Beasley can score in the paint more effectively than LA because he can use both hands.

btw what happened to Mario? I thought the guy had a bright future, is it just a slump or has he been like this for awhile?

Aldridge needs to develop more of a hookshot, with his size, he can get that shot off against nearly anybody.

Chalmeres is what he always has been, the issue is some of the Heat staff expected him to get better... but I knew he'd pretty much always be what he is right now. He's a nice player, but one of the biggest issues is he has a poor handle for a point guard, and with Wade's conditioning out of whack, we need ballhandling more now than usual.
MVP-3
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#74 » by MVP-3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:27 am

Beautiful pass by Wade and nice 3 by Q!
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#75 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:28 am

britblazerdude wrote:How come Miami doesn't sell out?

You'd think Dwyane Wade would be enough to sell the stadium out. Especially because they have a championship in the last 5 years.

How come everyone always comes on this board and asks this question, like we magically have the answer? Seriously just go away, you're just being a pest.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,189

Post#76 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:29 am

Wow WTF was that Wade? Instead of passing the ball to a running Beasley for a easy dunk he thows the ball for a long range 3. Thank goodness the 3 went in but WTF was that? Again its like there is no chemisty at all between Wade and Beasley
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#77 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:32 am

Flash4thewin wrote:Wow WTF was that Wade? Instead of passing the ball to a running Beasley for a easy dunk he thows the ball for a long range 3. Thank goodness the 3 went in but WTF was that? Again its like there is no chemisty at all between Wade and Beasley

Its partly Beasley's fault, he is bad at giving the ball back. Wade knows if he passes to JO or Haslem, he'll get it back if they have nothing and he gets open. Beasley is putting the shot up no matter what.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#78 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:33 am

If you haven't attended a game then why ask? The upper bowl is sold out on most nights it the expensive seats that are empty. This is happening around the league, It just doesn't seem that way since most of the national games are sold out.
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#79 » by DWadeno3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:34 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:Wow WTF was that Wade? Instead of passing the ball to a running Beasley for a easy dunk he thows the ball for a long range 3. Thank goodness the 3 went in but WTF was that? Again its like there is no chemisty at all between Wade and Beasley

Its partly Beasley's fault, he is bad at giving the ball back. Wade knows if he passes to JO or Haslem, he'll get it back if they have nothing and he gets open. Beasley is putting the shot up no matter what.

Exactly. He has to put his head up and look at his teammates too, not just at the opponent right in front of him. And besides that: Q is on fire so if he's open you give him the ball. Beasley just didn't see that Q had a good look again.

#HeatLifer
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#80 » by britblazerdude » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:34 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:

How come everyone always comes on this board and asks this question, like we magically have the answer? Seriously just go away, you're just being a pest.

:meditate:
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.

Return to Miami Heat