ImageImageImage

The Official Fire Spo Topic

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,096

Re: The Official Fire Spo Topic 

Post#501 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri May 28, 2010 6:43 pm

TrueRain wrote:
HIF wrote:
Wade said. "I feel the coach is only as good as his players."

:wink:

That's both a negative and positive for Spoelstra.

Pretty much. But it says what I think most on this board have to realize, firing Spoelstra would be pointless unless we're replacing him with Riley.

Unless you think its a good idea for us to get on the coaching carousel (I sure don't). The NBA is ridiculous with the firing of coaches, worst of the 3 major sports by far, and really there is no point to it because the same damn guys get recycled over and over again.

If we're not gonna bring back an all-time legend, we may as well appreciate what Spo does well and hope for some growth from him.
LEIF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 921
Location: Charleston, SC. Born and raised in The City of North Miami.

Post#502 » by LEIF » Sat Jun 5, 2010 6:06 pm

Spoelstra's first public comments since Riley refused to rule out the possiblity of him returning to the bench to coach.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 5178.story

Follow me on Twitter @Lefty_Leif
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,504

Post#503 » by twix2500 » Sat Jun 5, 2010 7:18 pm

coolstorybro wrote:Wade is absolutely correct IMO.

Give Mike Brown, Mike Woodson, Vinny Del Negro, etc a roster like the Lakers, or Boston from 2 years back, and they too could probably win the title.

The only time I feel coaches have a big impact is with those 'heart and hustle' type of teams. Not much talent, but they tend to play well together.

Thats not true, Coaches have a huge effect. Please dont give me that dan lebatard ideology. Yes players can overcome bad coaching to a certain degree, and coaches can overcome bad players to a certain degree. No one coach is not going to win it all, just as well as one player isnt going to win it all. The reason coaches get fired is because the GM feels the talent is better than what it was. Why the hell Woodson and Brown get fired, they lost to teams that were just waaaaaay more talented. Woodson is the reason why cleveland was a good defensive team, the team as a whole had bad defensive players.

Return to Miami Heat