ImageImageImageImage

What needs to be changed?

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

What needs to be changed? 

Post#1 » by Celtics_Champs » Tue Apr 3, 2007 11:50 pm

Another offseason for the bruins coming up, and I wonder what needs to be changed. I will write what I want changed or stayed the same, and I ask others to add in with there thoughts on what needs to be changed.

As much as I would love to see a goalie like giguere come in and soltify this team. I really have high hopes in Hannu Tovienen. All I hear is that this kid is special. We have Tukka Rask as well, I dont know much about him, but all I hear is good things. So in my oppinion I think our goalie situation is fine as of right now.

There were many underachievers on this team. Even Chara. Who would you guys blame? I say its lewis. I really didnt like this guy when he was hired, and I think if chirrelli makes a bold move in letting him go, and getting a new coach, this team could turn it around next year. Again, in my oppinon I would change our coaching situation.

Going into this season, I was salivating with mara, chara, stuart and alberts as our defense. But as we saw, mara didnt work out, and stuart had to be traded. So yet again, its another offseason of searching for Defense. Anyone out there to keep an eye on?

Those are my thoughts so far. Any thoughts on who you would like to see in a bruins sweater?
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#2 » by The Rondo Show » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:49 am

I totally agree about Lewis needing to go but unfortunately Chiarelli was on EEI and said he'd be back next year. The guy is just a terrible coach with no system and no logic at all. Putting PJ Axelsson on the 1st scoring line? Ridiculous. Mark Mowers, Sean Donovan and Wayne Primeau getting significantly more time than Phil Kessel all year? Insane. Axelsson on the power play? LOL! We lead the NHL in shorthanded goals allowed yet he never thought about having a 2nd D-Man run the point on the 1st PP unit while Bergeron works down low where he does his best work.

As for the team, we really need everything-- a #1 goalie, offense, defense. Everything. We don't have too much cap space either so it'll be tough to accomplish 2 out of 3 of these things, let alone all of them that we need to be a true contender. Murray probably has to be dealt if we are going to make a big splash in free agency. I'd love to see Chris Drury with the B's next year. Chris Phillips (Sens D-Man, Chara's old partner) would be a nice pickup as well (did he ever re-sign with OTT, I know he was reportedly close but thought it didn't get done) as well as a top 6 foward with some jam like Scott Hartnell.

This team desperately needs to find a way to get tougher. Chara was a pussy the entire year and we had no one to stick up for our skill players when the tough guys went after them (until Reich showed up, but he can't fight the heavyweights anyways). This is one of the softest teams I've ever seen; it is absolutely pathetic.

We have a lot of nice young talent and a good core but we suck for some reason and I don't see things turning around all that quickly unless Tuukka Rask is a savior.

Color me extremely disappointed after loving this years team prior to the season only to see it end up one of the worst teams in the NHL. I thought this would be the year they got back to respectability but that certainly didn't happen.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst
And1: 0
Location: You Can't Handle the Truth, the real city of champions, again.

Post#3 » by TheCelticTruth » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:22 am

seemed to me that the team just never played a style that suit them. if lewis's "system" is about d, thats cool. it seems to me its more about making these guys play a way theyre not comfortable. high energy, chipping if not checking, harassing defense, lot of shots. that seems to be what would fit the players they currently have. then again, i wasnt really able to stomach a lot so my insights may be off

Sig by twolves4ever
Boston-Syracuse-North Carolina, Screw Duke and BC
"ubuntu"
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by Dakid21KG » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:59 am

I totally agree this team needs to make some moves. Lewis has not shown any real bright spots as a coach but changing so quickly is not the best thing always. The B's were hit hard with injuries last season, we lost bergeron, glenn, pj, and alberts for many games. But that doesnt mean sit back and hope we build more chemistry. We need to get a package deal and trade or release glenn and pick a player up like Chris Drury.

We still need to address the defense and goaltending. Chara has to much pressure on him. Take the "C" off and I bet he does better. We need to replace york, wideman with some solid players that will provide good back-checking and agressive play. Keep alberts, allen, and ference. I still think theres lots of room for improvement, and we need to address it quickly.

We need to keep the tenkrat, chistov, kessel line going. Those guys showed great chemistry together and I think Only will get better. Bergeron and Bocheski play well together and sturm and bergeron seem to fit ok together. Even though I'd love to ship sturm to somewhere else.

The B's have their work cut out for them, hopefully its better than last season.
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#5 » by wetsthebed » Wed May 16, 2007 3:32 am

Move the team!! Send it to Alaska.

jk, but they need to make some moves.
BS007
Banned User

Post#6 » by BS007 » Fri May 18, 2007 7:57 pm

thanks for anwsering the question.. of course they need to make changes. I'm here to provide anwsers, not re-state the obvious. The B's need to get Ruusk up here to back up Thomas, b/c this kid will be awesome in 2 years when Thoma's contract is up. The B's need more scorers and more physical players.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by timd1218 » Mon May 28, 2007 4:48 am

kobeSTOPkobeDONT wrote:I totally agree about Lewis needing to go but unfortunately Chiarelli was on EEI and said he'd be back next year. The guy is just a terrible coach with no system and no logic at all. Putting PJ Axelsson on the 1st scoring line? Ridiculous. Mark Mowers, Sean Donovan and Wayne Primeau getting significantly more time than Phil Kessel all year? Insane. Axelsson on the power play? LOL! We lead the NHL in shorthanded goals allowed yet he never thought about having a 2nd D-Man run the point on the 1st PP unit while Bergeron works down low where he does his best work.

As for the team, we really need everything-- a #1 goalie, offense, defense. Everything. We don't have too much cap space either so it'll be tough to accomplish 2 out of 3 of these things, let alone all of them that we need to be a true contender. Murray probably has to be dealt if we are going to make a big splash in free agency. I'd love to see Chris Drury with the B's next year. Chris Phillips (Sens D-Man, Chara's old partner) would be a nice pickup as well (did he ever re-sign with OTT, I know he was reportedly close but thought it didn't get done) as well as a top 6 foward with some jam like Scott Hartnell.

This team desperately needs to find a way to get tougher. Chara was a pussy the entire year and we had no one to stick up for our skill players when the tough guys went after them (until Reich showed up, but he can't fight the heavyweights anyways). This is one of the softest teams I've ever seen; it is absolutely pathetic.

We have a lot of nice young talent and a good core but we suck for some reason and I don't see things turning around all that quickly unless Tuukka Rask is a savior.

Color me extremely disappointed after loving this years team prior to the season only to see it end up one of the worst teams in the NHL. I thought this would be the year they got back to respectability but that certainly didn't happen.

I'm hoping the Pens will make a serious move on him. He could score 30-40 goals with Crosby.

Shero knows him well so I'm hoping he makes a play for him.

I'm actually surprised someone mentioned him.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
Dick and Bush 2004
Banned User

what is needed 

Post#8 » by Dick and Bush 2004 » Tue May 29, 2007 1:00 am

1)A starting goalie not named tim thomas

2)Actually calling up and playing the triple K line
Karsums, Kreijci and Kalus

3)trade glen murray (goes with point #1 and use that money to sign giguere-sp? to a 3 year deal)
also trade axelson ( I love axie but he is paid way too much for what he does)

4)Get Zino in town now...we have one year left on his rights if I am not mistaken....let him play for a new contract in Boston. he has shown he has matured and would be a nice addition to the B's even if it is for 1 season (rumors have the B's as already contacting Zino)

5)Get the stud prospects playing in the juniors in providence now
(marchand, lucic, rabbit etc etc)

6)fire dave lewis....the best bruins coach resides in providence!!!!!

at least this a start to what needs to happen

as for the person said the D needs work...it does...
they need to get a 1A or a 2 to take some of the mintes off Chara. 30 minutes every game takes a toll on you especially when you are losing. They have lashoff and M staurt waiting to make the leap and by all accounts that will happen next year, hopefully

(It better happen. I do not want to see york or bobby allen in the black and gold ever again)
BS007
Banned User

Post#9 » by BS007 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:17 pm

This team needs to be taught toughness, to block shots, to dish out big hits, not to get into fights nessicarly, but to back teammates
BS007
Banned User

Post#10 » by BS007 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:17 pm

This team needs to be taught toughness, to block shots, to dish out big hits, not to get into fights nessicarly, but to back teammates
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#11 » by HDMAVS760CA » Sun Jul 1, 2007 8:41 am

I'm an NHL fan & I can see what the Bruins need 2 do. Haven't paid much attention since Bourque was traded. Although its easier said than done.
1. Need a new owner
2. Stop being the Habs' bitch. Get players & coaches who are dominant against them. Regular season & playoffs.
3. Stop trading away players who want 2 spend their entire career in Boston. If you're a terrible organization & there's players who wanna play 4 you & retire with your team, you keep them.

Return to Boston Bruins