:lol:

Can't give up on em yet!
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Re: Playoffs!! 

Post#242 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:06 am

Why couldn't that game been like 8-2 Blackhawks. Ahhhh what a kick to the stomach.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#243 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:07 am

If this was 1-0 I'd be cool with it, but we had it man we had it, argh.

Crawford played unbleeping real.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#244 » by Geoffrey P » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:15 am

I got home only to watch 5 minute or so. And then be really really disappointed. Especially after hearing they were up 3-1 :(
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,496

Post#245 » by threrf23 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:37 am

I don't follow the Bruins as closely as I would like, and I don't know how well equipped I am to judge a goalie.

I think Rask is too content playing away from the net/goal line and he is not quick enough to get back once a shot heads towards the net. I have had this observation throughout the postseason. Goals 3 and 4 tonight, sure he cut off the right angles, but once the puck got past him he wasn't going to be able to do anything about reflections. Blackhawks got some lucky deflections, sure, but I feel like Rask needs to better equip himself to anticipate the potential immediate fall out from a slap shot that is either saved, deflected, or off net.

Anyways, that was a crazy game...
j_angel
Analyst
And1: 366

Post#246 » by j_angel » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Disappointing to say the least but there are a few positives;

- Our pp looked better.
- PK was strong, even without Campbell.
- We did create a lot of scoring opportunities.
- Seguin got going.

A few too many turnovers for my liking and need to deal with the neutral zone a little better.

Overall not a terrible performance, we had the better of the 1st period and the majority of OT. The 3rd period of regulation was weak.

I would be very happy if we went back to Boston 1-1 and thats still possible, come on Bs.
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#247 » by 15th overall » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:15 pm

threrf23 wrote:I don't follow the Bruins as closely as I would like, and I don't know how well equipped I am to judge a goalie.

I think Rask is too content playing away from the net/goal line and he is not quick enough to get back once a shot heads towards the net. I have had this observation throughout the postseason. Goals 3 and 4 tonight, sure he cut off the right angles, but once the puck got past him he wasn't going to be able to do anything about reflections. Blackhawks got some lucky deflections, sure, but I feel like Rask needs to better equip himself to anticipate the potential immediate fall out from a slap shot that is either saved, deflected, or off net.

Anyways, that was a crazy game...

I actually think Tuukka's one of the more fundamentally sound goalies in the league. Guy rarely takes risks unless he has to and is almost always in position. A stark contrast to Timmy who while a beast was a heart attack in goalie pads and would take some infuriatingly unnecessary risks. I dont think there's anything that couldve been done on the Ference deflection (if that was the 3rd goal) and I was too pissed and tired to even see the replay of the 4th one so I'm not sure there.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
15th overall
RealGM

Post#248 » by 15th overall » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:27 pm

j_angel wrote:Nice adjustment by Julien, playing four forwards on the PP.

Jagr created the opportunity but great play by Lucic and Seguin.

I said in the Pittsburgh series that Seguin was improving, taking hits and being cleaver with the puck, decent assist here is a start.

Meant to respond to this last night but was posting from a phone. Totally agree with this and I think it's getting lost in all the chaos of the Finals stage.

He's still below average in NHL terms as far as working in the corners, playing physically defensively, etc.. BUT he's been DRAMATICALLY better than what we saw in the regular season. He's getting chances and unfortunately I think he's in that same situation that Jagr's in where his production is tied heavily to the players he's skating with. Would rather that not be the case but it's not changing at this point this season so we just gotta deal with it.

All that said.. he really does have to start producing more. He has no creativity going one on one... he just tries to skate through his man and gets knocked off the puck almost every time. He's predictable and it's frustrating to watch. He's got a lot of bad habits and a lot of the criticism IS warranted IMO but at least the efforts there, there have been signs of improvement and he's getting chances. He'll break through eventually. All the big picture concerns with his game, which are completely valid, will have to wait until the offseason.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
15th overall
RealGM

Post#249 » by 15th overall » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Gonna assume that Horton's out this next game, if not the rest of the series and I'm kind of worried about how theyll fill his roster spot. Pandolfo should NOT be an option but I could totally see Claude pushing for him as a "vet presence" and all that nonsense.. guy does NOTHING on the ice at this point. Caron isn't a terrible option but I feel like he replicates all the grinder qualities that the bottom 2 lines are already riddled with at this point. Kelly/Pevs/Dogman have that role covered.

Daugavins was the safebet when Campbell went down and I've been satisfied with his play so far but it's time to unleash The Yeti. Soderberg's the best option to replicate the things you'll be losing with Horton.. 6-2, doesn't shy away from contact and has a goal scorer's touch. I don't care if he's not used to this rink size yet-- he's clearly the best option. Play a hunch, take a gamble, put the most talented player out on the ice.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#250 » by 15th overall » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Horton practicing today.. him and Seguin alternating shifts with the top line. Soderberg skating with the third line and Daugavins with Merlot line.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#251 » by 15th overall » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:04 pm

In typical Pittsburgh fashion the Penguins have released a video of Chara hitting Crosby in the jaw and Sid's agent is whining to the media up in Toronto. That franchise continues to embarass themselves and expose themselves as arguably the most hypocritical organization in sports. You scored 2 goals in a sweep and your complaining during the Finals? If Sid's jaw wasnt ready for contact why was his bionic jaw protector removed? Why is he he getting in scrums and starting **** in front of the net? Why would he possibly think he wouldnt get hit during the damn Eastern Conference Finals? Does it now fall on Chara to protect this whiny bitch from himself?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiPBxWSZg4w[/youtube]

In real time:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2naK-0wFfk[/youtube]

By the way, dafoomie is a MUST follow on youtube if your not already a subscriber. Does a great job of getting up highlights and fights quickly and in great quality. Check out his game recaps from the 2011 run... theyre all 15-20 minutes long with basically every play of note from each game. Great way to relive that run if your ever in the mood.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#252 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:45 am

A LOT of contact with Tuukka there...
15th overall
RealGM

Post#253 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:47 am

Krug dodging a bullet there. We arent looking so hot right now.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#254 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:50 am

Exactly what I was worried about. We shoulda won last time, their 3rd period surge and OT win gave them a bunch of momentum.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#255 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:42 am

Feels like it should be like 6-0 Blackhawks. We're getting thoroughly outplayed.
j_angel
Analyst

Post#256 » by j_angel » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:49 am

We arent looking great but hey its 1-1, and thats the only score that matters right now.

We need a momentum shift now.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#257 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:51 am

Wow. Phew. And wow. Bruins need to steal this one now.

Love the new 3rd line!
j_angel
Analyst

Post#258 » by j_angel » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:56 am

Marchy so close for shorthanded goal, should have been a penalty anyway, slash by the Blackhawks D.
j_angel
Analyst

Post#259 » by j_angel » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:56 am

Penalty, Marchand tripped by Oduya.

Marchand looks aggressive.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#260 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:56 am

That sure looked like it shouldve been a penalty on that Marchand breakaway.

Return to Boston Bruins