ImageImageImageImage

Playoffs!!

EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,237

Re: Playoffs!! 

Post#61 » by EArl » Fri May 24, 2013 2:49 am

I didnt know you were a UCLA fan cooter. good for you :thumbsup:
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#62 » by Geoffrey P » Fri May 24, 2013 3:10 am

Hard to get worried after that game. I didn't think that they'd sweep them anyway but they could have won had they not given up those two weak goals. Definitely not a highlight reel for Tuukka.
j_angel
Analyst
And1: 366

Post#63 » by j_angel » Sun May 26, 2013 12:29 am

Glad we got that wrapped up before the nerves of a comeback could potentially set in.

Few days rest now is key.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#64 » by Geoffrey P » Sun May 26, 2013 2:02 am

Krug was awesome. Can't see them getting past the Penguins though as much as I would love to see that happen. Would love to see Crosby and Iginla go down.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#65 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun May 26, 2013 3:24 am

Beautiful finish to this series. Krug straight up dominated them. I think we can get past pitt, it will be tough, we are the underdog, but its going 7 and it's anyones game at that point.
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#66 » by 15th overall » Sun May 26, 2013 7:55 am

Krug's looking like the best FA signing since the Chara/Savvy offseason. Total stud and fun as hell to watch.

Pittsburgh's rightfully the favorite but they've been looking pretty mortal lately. I think all that turnover from bringing in buttloads of mercenaries is affecting them. I'd actually give us the advantage 5-on-5, but their powerplay is LETHAL.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
j_angel
Analyst

Post#67 » by j_angel » Tue May 28, 2013 4:55 pm

I think we need to snatch one in Pittsburgh to be in with a real shot to be honest, going 2-0 down will be difficult (not over obviously but difficult).

Go home at 1-1 and we can be thinking, just defend home ice and we are in with a real shot here.

Easier said than done but I think we can snatch game one.

I hope 2-1 Bruins (Krug and Lucic) with Thornton fighting Cooke and Cooke getting a few hard checks from Luc/Z, we can dream hey?
15th overall
RealGM

Post#68 » by 15th overall » Fri May 31, 2013 4:22 pm

I'm going through puck withdrawals. This scheduling is inexcusable.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#69 » by Gek » Fri May 31, 2013 10:56 pm

I will show up here from time to time to rub the pens victories in your faces because we have no one on the Pens board.

:(
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#70 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Jun 1, 2013 12:23 am

Gek wrote:I will show up here from time to time to rub the pens victories in your faces because we have no one on the Pens board.

Okay.

See ya never then!
Gek
RealGM

Post#71 » by Gek » Sat Jun 1, 2013 1:15 am

Celtics_Champs wrote:
Gek wrote:I will show up here from time to time to rub the pens victories in your faces because we have no one on the Pens board.

Okay.

See ya never then!

:lol: Looking forward to it.
#teamhermes
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,237

Post#72 » by EArl » Sat Jun 1, 2013 3:07 am

Go Kings!!

#TeamCooter
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
15th overall
RealGM

Post#73 » by 15th overall » Sat Jun 1, 2013 9:41 pm

Your a Pens fan AND a Lakers fan? My condolences.. Fear not, an intervention is in the works.

Any traffic is welcome here as far as I'm concerned. Even someone of your....ilk.

EDIT: Also I posted on your board. Your probably not gonna like the post itself but you guys needed the traffic anyways.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#74 » by 15th overall » Sat Jun 1, 2013 9:47 pm

The Z/Seids pairing of the impending hockey apocalypse was fully intact at morning skatearound today. There was a lot of talk of splitting up those 2 so that one of them would be on the ice against the Geno line and Sid line at all times. Not a fan of that logic.. Klode split them up for 2 games against the buds and we ended up losing both games. Not a coincidence. Ever since Suter left Nashville Z and The 'Berg are the best shutdown pairing in the league in my opinion.
Gek
RealGM

Post#75 » by Gek » Sat Jun 1, 2013 11:41 pm

15th overall wrote:

Your a Pens fan AND a Lakers fan? My condolences.. Fear not, an intervention is in the works.

Any traffic is welcome here as far as I'm concerned. Even someone of your....ilk.

EDIT: Also I posted on your board. Your probably not gonna like the post itself but you guys needed the traffic anyways.

Living in Pittsburgh means there is no NBA team. I'm straight Pittsburgh teams + Lakers. I started rooting for the Lakers when I was 8 or 9 because my best friend (who got me into playing basketball) was a big fan of the Lakers/Raiders/Dodgers.
#teamhermes
j_angel
Analyst

Post#76 » by j_angel » Sun Jun 2, 2013 12:37 am

KREJCI ...
15th overall
RealGM

Post#77 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 2, 2013 12:39 am

That first penalty was a dive by Geno. The hockey gods took notice and rewarded Krejci.

Karma's a bitch and she dons the spoked B.
j_angel
Analyst

Post#78 » by j_angel » Sun Jun 2, 2013 12:53 am

15th overall wrote:That first penalty was a dive by Geno. The hockey gods took notice and rewarded Krejci.

Karma's a bitch and she dons the spoked B.

:lol: +1.

Man I jumped out of my seat there, so close. Im liking this game so far, so active on D. Chara is a beast.

I hate that its 8pm start, being English and all, thats 1am.
Today, game 2 are good, game 3 is ok.
Biggest night out of the year that lasts til 6am on friday, need to make a decision. :lol:
15th overall
RealGM

Post#79 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 2, 2013 1:02 am

That's rough, man. Totally worth it though, this is looking to be an EPIC series.

Just curious but are you a native Englishman or an expat? When I went to Ireland I saw some ads for the Giants in Belfast but I got the vibe that there wasn't much of a puck following in those parts.
j_angel
Analyst

Post#80 » by j_angel » Sun Jun 2, 2013 1:14 am

15th overall wrote:That's rough, man. Totally worth it though, this is looking to be an EPIC series.

Just curious but are you a native Englishman or an expat? When I went to Ireland I saw some ads for the Giants in Belfast but I got the vibe that there wasn't much of a puck following in those parts.

Born and raised in Somerset (rural England) but study near London (only 22).
Have supported the C's for nearly a decade, because my Aunt lived in Washington when I was young and told me of Larry Bird, kind of stuck.

Then I went to Boston a while back and saw the Bruins out of chance, fell in love with Ice Hockey and subsequently the Bruins.

Also now watch the Pats & Sox.

Weird story really since none of my friends follow any of the 4 American sports, also a huge soccer/football fan (Southampton - since the day I was born). Guess sports and Boston runs in me somehow, blame or thank Larry Bird, either way :lol:

Return to Boston Bruins