Post#81 » by Geoffrey P » Sun Jun 2, 2013 1:18 am

Cooke needs to be banned from the NHL. Pathetic human being
j_angel
Analyst
And1: 366

Re: Playoffs!! 

Post#82 » by j_angel » Sun Jun 2, 2013 1:23 am

Geoffrey P wrote:Cooke needs to be banned from the NHL. Pathetic human being

I wanted him to get in a fight with Thornton before the series, now I want his team to be eliminated by the Bruins and then Thornton find him on a gold course somewhere.
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#83 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 2, 2013 2:01 am

Geoffrey P wrote:Cooke needs to be banned from the NHL. Pathetic human being

+ a billion

If it was just the Savard hit I could accept that maybe he just had a lapse in judgement.. but this guy is a repeat offender. I can't understand or even tolerate those people claiming that this clown deserved the benefit of the doubt when he shred up Karlsson's ankle with his skate. I don't think he meant to slice his ACL specifically but how does his skate get up high enough to do that? He saw a Norris Trophy award winning defenseman in the corner and decided he was gonna light him up and take him out of the game.

He's actually a decent player so he doesnt have to do this kind of stuff to justify his roster spot. He gets off on injuring people and I 100% agree this human garbage should be banned from the league.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
15th overall
RealGM

Post#84 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 2, 2013 2:05 am

That Marchand hit was dirty no doubt. Guy walks the line and occasionally crosses it but what are the broadcasters talking about saying it was the same hit? Totally different angle.

Geno with a shot to the face when Bergeron had his jersey over his head on the ice. Typical russian BS, typical penguins cheapshot.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
15th overall
RealGM

Post#85 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 2, 2013 2:27 am

j_angel wrote:
15th overall wrote:That's rough, man. Totally worth it though, this is looking to be an EPIC series.

Just curious but are you a native Englishman or an expat? When I went to Ireland I saw some ads for the Giants in Belfast but I got the vibe that there wasn't much of a puck following in those parts.

Born and raised in Somerset (rural England) but study near London (only 22).
Have supported the C's for nearly a decade, because my Aunt lived in Washington when I was young and told me of Larry Bird, kind of stuck.

Then I went to Boston a while back and saw the Bruins out of chance, fell in love with Ice Hockey and subsequently the Bruins.

Also now watch the Pats & Sox.

Weird story really since none of my friends follow any of the 4 American sports, also a huge soccer/football fan (Southampton - since the day I was born). Guess sports and Boston runs in me somehow, blame or thank Larry Bird, either way :lol:

This is awesome. No coincidence that a sports fanatic like you gravitated towards Boston. Best sports town in the US by far.

I know the pats have a relatively big following in the UK (for an american football team at least). The UK Patriots fan club has a huge banner in one of the end zones and I heard an interview with the president when the Pats played in London a while back. I watched the 2006 Pats-Indy game (the reche caldwell bug eyes game) on Sky Sports when I was in Ireland and was impressed by the Sky Sports broadcast guys that did the halftime show. They actually knew what they were talking about.

I'm also glad to see hockey getting a following in a non traditional hockey country like the UK (even if it's just you). In my opinion the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the World Cup are the two best sporting competitions in the world. Balls to the wall nonstop by any means necessary action. I watch as much as I can of the world cup (both men's and women's) but the MLS sucks so I dont really watch "football" outside of that and the olympics. I used to watch Chelsea games because my roommate was a fan and it was a good excuse to get drunk in the morning but I really had no loyalty to them. HOWEVER, your story and loyalty to Boston has given me a legit reason to adopt an EPL team for real.

Go Southampton FC.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#86 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 2, 2013 2:28 am

Slaughter rule?
15th overall
RealGM

Post#87 » by 15th overall » Sun Jun 2, 2013 2:29 am

What a save by Tuukka
j_angel
Analyst

Post#88 » by j_angel » Sun Jun 2, 2013 2:34 am

15th overall wrote:
j_angel wrote:
15th overall wrote:That's rough, man. Totally worth it though, this is looking to be an EPIC series.

Just curious but are you a native Englishman or an expat? When I went to Ireland I saw some ads for the Giants in Belfast but I got the vibe that there wasn't much of a puck following in those parts.

Born and raised in Somerset (rural England) but study near London (only 22).
Have supported the C's for nearly a decade, because my Aunt lived in Washington when I was young and told me of Larry Bird, kind of stuck.

Then I went to Boston a while back and saw the Bruins out of chance, fell in love with Ice Hockey and subsequently the Bruins.

Also now watch the Pats & Sox.

Weird story really since none of my friends follow any of the 4 American sports, also a huge soccer/football fan (Southampton - since the day I was born). Guess sports and Boston runs in me somehow, blame or thank Larry Bird, either way :lol:

This is awesome. No coincidence that a sports fanatic like you gravitated towards Boston. Best sports town in the US by far.

I know the pats have a relatively big following in the UK (for an american football team at least). The UK Patriots fan club has a huge banner in one of the end zones and I heard an interview with the president when the Pats played in London a while back. I watched the 2006 Pats-Indy game (the reche caldwell bug eyes game) on Sky Sports when I was in Ireland and was impressed by the Sky Sports broadcast guys that did the halftime show. They actually knew what they were talking about.

I'm also glad to see hockey getting a following in a non traditional hockey country like the UK (even if it's just you). In my opinion the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the World Cup are the two best sporting competitions in the world. Balls to the wall nonstop by any means necessary action. I watch as much as I can of the world cup (both men's and women's) but the MLS sucks so I dont really watch "football" outside of that and the olympics. I used to watch Chelsea games because my roommate was a fan and it was a good excuse to get drunk in the morning but I really had no loyalty to them. HOWEVER, your story and loyalty to Boston has given me a legit reason to adopt an EPL team for real.

Go Southampton FC.

haha cheers mate.

My housemates think I am crazy staying up til 3-4am watching the Celtics and Bruins.
Should have seen their faces when they knew I stayed up until 4am watching the NFL draft :lol:
Gek
RealGM
And1: 1,807

Post#89 » by Gek » Sun Jun 2, 2013 2:41 am

Ouch.

BUT SEE WHAT MY FLAMING DID!?!?! THIS THREAD IS AS ACTIVE AS EVER! You're welcome, Boston.
#teamhermes
go pens - pirates - steelers - lakers
15th overall
RealGM

If you give a rat a Cookie... 

Post#90 » by 15th overall » Mon Jun 3, 2013 3:02 pm

Unbelievable that "Cookie" gets yet ANOTHER pass by the league. Raffi Torres gets tossed out of an entire series and Cooke doesn't even get a single game? If I were a Sharks fan I would be absolutely LIVID at this. Shanny doling out punishments by way of injury status instead of the crime yet AGAIN.

Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#91 » by Geoffrey P » Mon Jun 3, 2013 7:22 pm

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#92 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Jun 3, 2013 7:53 pm

Hahahah. Awesome.

Look forward to tonights game, one I'll actually be able to watch. Saturday I was working.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#93 » by 15th overall » Tue Jun 4, 2013 12:11 am

Jeff Jimerson is no Rene Rancourt.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#94 » by 15th overall » Tue Jun 4, 2013 12:12 am

Love that it's Marchand too. Gotta piss off Pens fan.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#95 » by 15th overall » Tue Jun 4, 2013 12:29 am

Merlot line looking fantastic. Those guys are due for a goal.
j_angel
Analyst

Post#96 » by j_angel » Tue Jun 4, 2013 12:33 am

We have scored 5 unanswered goals against Pittsburgh so far ... who would have guessed that?
15th overall
RealGM

Post#97 » by 15th overall » Tue Jun 4, 2013 12:35 am

F'n fantastic. Horton's a beast, Krug with multiple huge plays and that one PP had more legit scoring chances than all four of the powerplays in Game 1.
j_angel
Analyst

Post#98 » by j_angel » Tue Jun 4, 2013 12:39 am

Ok so it is 1.30 am, my housemate and his girlfriend are asleep and I think my other housemate is asleep also ... I just shouted pretty loud and jumped off my chair.

The issues of being an NHL fan in Britain.
j_angel
Analyst

Post#99 » by j_angel » Tue Jun 4, 2013 12:44 am

OH THEY MUST ME MAD IN PITTSBURGH.
15th overall
RealGM

Post#100 » by 15th overall » Tue Jun 4, 2013 12:45 am

Unacceptable to give up a breakaway like that in the final minute. And holy F Marchand just scored before I could submit that post. Demoralizing!

Return to Boston Bruins