ImageImageImageImage

Heavy Rumors coming out about Cole and Leopold

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Heavy Rumors coming out about Cole and Leopold 

Post#1 » by Celtics_Champs » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:48 pm

Rumors persist that the Bruins will acquire gritty veteran winger Erik Cole from the Edmonton Oilers, with one NHL source saying Cole is telling friends he expects to be a Bruin soon. Most speculation focused on Sobotka and defenseman Matt Lashoff as trade bait for the unrestricted free agent-to-be. Speculation also continues that Colorado defenseman Jordan Leopold could be heading to the B’s. . . .

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hock ... rticleFull

Wow. Don't know how legit this is, but it is from the Herald. I want Leopold. I can't say I know much about Erik Cole. Dale Arnold was on the radio saying it wasn't his first choice. As he would like Guerin or Keith T.
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: Heavy Rumors coming out about Cole and Leopold 

Post#2 » by Dakid21KG » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:03 pm

I am very happy to hear this! i really like eric cole, he has championship experience plus he is a solid left winger.

Lucic Savard Wheeler
Kessel Krejci Ryder
Cole Bergeron Kobasew
PJ Yelle Thronton

I like that a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hiphop1
Lead Assistant
And1: 32

Post#3 » by hiphop1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:32 am

I am not that excited about Cole, but Leopold is a very good defenseman and if I am correct isnt he only like 28 years old?
Free your mind and your a** will follow
Dakid21KG
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Dakid21KG » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:40 pm

The reason I like the idea of getting cole, is the that we can finially make the third line a more effective scoring line. Any line PJ is on will not score a lot of goals. So the addition of cole will make bergy and kobasew even more effective. Plus PJ and Yelle seem to work very well together o nthat forth line. He has big game experience plus he has good speed from the left side.

I do like leopold too, but I really like what we got for defense. I love Hundwick, so picking up Leopold will only stop him from getting time on the ice. I really think Hundwick can become a top 4 defenseman in the next year or so.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#5 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:30 pm

From Eklund so take it with LESS than a grain of salt :)

But still

*The Bruins are talking to Colorado more and I could see the Leopold deal getting done very soon.

Return to Boston Bruins