08-09 Season

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

08-09 Season 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:12 am

So far it's been a rough start for the Flames... makes you wonder when they are going to start looking for another Goalie. Bet they wish they still had Cujo around, as Kipper is looking like absolute crap. The only positive thus far is the rejuvenated Bertuzzi.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
burn1down
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: 08-09 Season 

Post#2 » by burn1down » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:17 pm

Only positive???? Just that one??

Rough start for sure, but will come around. At 1-1-1 that was the best start in 12 years. A lot of people in the city have for some reason turned on this team really early. Bunch of bandwagon jumpers. Lets remember its an 82 game season, and that only gets to to where you really want to turn it on. Iginla is surrounded by as much talent as he has ever had, the D is solid. Dion will settle a bit as the season goes on. As tough of a start it was, I dont think anyone (minus the casual fans) lost confidence in this team. Flames look good
burn1down
Rookie

Post#3 » by burn1down » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:15 pm

So funny how everyone has something to say when there is losing, but on a 4 game win streak, when people should be talking about the flames, this place shuts down. Same with radio, newspapers. Nobody talks about wins. . .the world is coming to an end when losing.

I said it before, Bourque is going to be one of the players to watch this year. For sure Bert and Cammo are producing (and quicker than i think most thought), but Bourque came in kind of under the radar. He is one player that will thrive in the playoffs imo. Last nights game against Colorado he was everywhere. Really exciting to see.

Kipper seems to be coming around as expected as well. I was surprised at his slow start, as this year he did more in preseason (and off season from what i have read) to prepare. If this team stays healthy, they are a threat to everyone. . .
burn1down
Rookie

Post#4 » by burn1down » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:46 pm

burn1down wrote:So funny how everyone has something to say when there is losing, but on a 4 game win streak, when people should be talking about the flames, this place shuts down. Same with radio, newspapers. Nobody talks about wins. . .the world is coming to an end when losing.

I said it before, Bourque is going to be one of the players to watch this year. For sure Bert and Cammo are producing (and quicker than i think most thought), but Bourque came in kind of under the radar. He is one player that will thrive in the playoffs imo. Last nights game against Colorado he was everywhere. Really exciting to see.

Kipper seems to be coming around as expected as well. I was surprised at his slow start, as this year he did more in preseason (and off season from what i have read) to prepare. If this team stays healthy, they are a threat to everyone. . .

Oh, i am used to the Raptors board. . . . I guess nobody has anything to say when losing, then winning, then losing again. . . .
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#5 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:50 am

4 game winstreak....I don't intend on shutting down.

Kiprusoff is starting to finally play well, although I still hate him. Mike Cammalleri had a hell of a game last night, and Curtis Glencross is one of if not the best 3rd line checker that can finish in this league. He burned us 2 or 3 times last year, I distinctly remember him and thinking about how his eyes looked so black. It feels so good to be on the winning end of his goals.

Put Bertuzzi back with Iginla immediately. Ducks fans were right, he plays 10 games then disappears 10 games. Hopefully he wakes up tomorrow.

Just some quick hits.
burn1down
Rookie

Post#6 » by burn1down » Mon Dec 1, 2008 5:03 pm

Not only Glencross, our whole 3rd and 4th line. I think i would put Calgarys 3rd and 4th against anyones in the league
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#7 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Dec 2, 2008 4:25 am

burn1down wrote:Not only Glencross, our whole 3rd and 4th line. I think i would put Calgarys 3rd and 4th against anyones in the league

GlenX has great chemistry with anyone who drops to the third. Conroy is down centring it right now. Bourque has been.

Curtis Glencross has line 2 potential. Kid is a beast, knack for the net and scoring clutch goals. Always doing the right things.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#8 » by Snayr » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:59 pm

I've been carrying Glencross in my hockey pool for a while now and he has been good for me. The young guns are really stepping it up for Calgary, but they need more out of their vets.
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
burn1down
Rookie

Post#9 » by burn1down » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:14 pm

Snayr wrote:I've been carrying Glencross in my hockey pool for a while now and he has been good for me. The young guns are really stepping it up for Calgary, but they need more out of their vets.

Interesting you made this comment a month ago, and it still rings through. It brings up the question. . .who is this teams MVP?? Kipper would probably be the easy choice, but aside from wins, his numbers arent really that good. Iggy hasnt been the Iggy we have known in years past (his numbers are off, but he is still playing the same intensity. I think this has more to do with our depth instead of relying on Iggy to get 70% of our goals), Dion is way up in minutes, but goals have dropped. . . .Its definetly a nice position to be in . . . not knowing who is playing best due to the fact that everyone is doing really well.

Maybe Keenan :)
bogut6
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: Being either slightly below or slightly above average.

Post#10 » by bogut6 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:30 am

Was epic. Lots of highs and lows.

Lets hope for a better 2010!

Return to Calgary Flames