2008 Offseason: Flames Edition

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

2008 Offseason: Flames Edition 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:39 pm

Hey guys,

So I just thought I'd make a thread where we can post and discuss all of the action in Flames world throughout the 08 offseason. Signings/Trades/Draft picks/etc. So... post away!

To start it off, here's a link from TSN about the probable re-signing of Daymond Langkow! It is estimated that he'll make roughly 5 mill/season and I think he is rightfully deserving of it.

Langkow and Sutter have agreement
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: 2008 Offseason: Flames Edition 

Post#2 » by Snayr » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:03 am

Looks like the Flames shipped off Tanguay to the Montreal Canadiens along with a 5th rounder, in exchange for this years 1st and next years 2nd. They also acquired Cammalleri from the Kings!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Snayr » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:16 pm

Flames re-signed some of their big pieces today (Langkow, Conroy, Nystrom, MicElhinney)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241820
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:01 am

Snayr wrote:Looks like the Flames shipped off Tanguay to the Montreal Canadiens along with a 5th rounder, in exchange for this years 1st and next years 2nd. They also acquired Cammalleri from the Kings!

Cammy was on his way to a monster season before the injury hit him. He's a little undersized, but for a team that once had Theo Flurry he's a giant. :D

If you guys get him set up for one timers look out. He's got a little Lucky Luke in his delivery.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Snayr » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:03 am

Wooo! Someone else aside from me posting in here! Lol, I'm not even a Calgary fan :P I'm a die hard Habs fan, but I like the Flames as my Cdn team out west. And you're not a Flames fan either eh? Wonder when we'll start seeing some of them around these parts. Anyways, yeah as long as he can stay healthy he's in for a very nice season. I see 85 points as a possibility for him.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Snayr » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:13 pm

So... who thinks the Flames will choke and miss the playoffs??!
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#7 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:32 am

Nope I'm saying at least 2nd round.

But who thinks the Habs will have there asses kicked back to Montreal on Feb 9th?
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#8 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:32 am

I've been away, and it seems I haven't missed much lol.
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Snayr » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:09 pm

Haha we shall see ;) Feb. 9th seems to be a cakewalk for the Habs I think ;)

Yeah, you haven't missed much around here at all :/ No one seems to have any interest in the Flames :(
burn1down
Rookie

Post#10 » by burn1down » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:09 pm

I am in!!!
Glad there is a flames board. . .could use a little more action (the board. . i am fine)

Bourque is a sleeper, he will be big for us this year. . .
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Snayr » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:36 pm

Hey look a flames fan *ooh's and aahh's*

Lol, welcome aboard! I'm actually a die hard Habs fan, but Calgary is my team in the West.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#12 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Sep 9, 2008 1:32 am

Lots of Habs fans like the Flames. I think it has something to do with red lol.

Bourque won't be a sleeper. He will score 10-20(most likely around 15) and kill(some) penalities.

The make or break this season is Bertuzzi and Cammy. If they can regain there scoring touches watch out. And when I say Bert I mean 60-70 points.
burn1down
Rookie

Post#13 » by burn1down » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 pm

I think this team is better fit for the playoffs than any team in the league. Scoring, Defense, speed, size, tending. . . .everything is there. I cannot think of a team that would intimidate Calgary in a 7 game series. For sure Det is the favorite, but I would have my money on Calgary if they met in the playoffs. . .
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Snayr » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:47 am

Well as long as Kipper regains his form, and stays clear of his performance he put on last year then the Flames can do some damage (also relying heavily on Bertuzzi and Cammy). Iginla can't do it all on his own, no matter how well he does.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#15 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:33 am

Kiprusoff is an awful goalie. He has gotten worse every year-as has the defence. He is a product of our defense, and honestly now that he has his cash he is fine with whatever happens. Every summer he goes back to Finland and smokes and drinks all summer-no joke.

This will be another normal flames year. We'll be a low seed and take the cup favourites to 6 or 7 games with a decent challenge.
burn1down
Rookie

Post#16 » by burn1down » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:15 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:Kiprusoff is an awful goalie. He has gotten worse every year-as has the defence. He is a product of our defense, and honestly now that he has his cash he is fine with whatever happens. Every summer he goes back to Finland and smokes and drinks all summer-no joke.

This will be another normal flames year. We'll be a low seed and take the cup favourites to 6 or 7 games with a decent challenge.

I am glad that someone who knows Kipper personally and understands what makes him tick is able to share with this board.

NO JOKE!! Thats just crazy!! If you knew how many pro athletes smoke, and have smoked from the dawn of pro athletes, you would probably sit a few rounds out and not talk for awhile.
A guy has time off, and goes home. This is a bad thing?

Kipper starts slow, and will carry the flames in more than a few games (ex. Washington two nights ago). This will be one of the better flames years. Because our O got better, and our D is a top 5 unit, and Kipper will be Kipper. Dont you worry Child, you will find the positive. . .just gotta keep looking
Brainset
Banned User

Post#17 » by Brainset » Tue Aug 3, 2010 1:45 am

Ah well

Return to Calgary Flames