FA/Trade Rumours thread

The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#21 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Jul 3, 2007 2:58 am

Yes well a good day for flames fans I guess. Nolan on the third line might work out. we overpiad but a good depth signing.

And the other post was pipe dreaming...
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#22 » by moose man » Mon Jul 9, 2007 6:36 pm

Flames have signed some depth players in the past few days.
Anders Erikson, 2 year deal. A decent 5th or 6th defenseman.
Grant Stevenson has also signed. He's most likely a minor leaguer but still a young forward that could amount to something. Had a decent year a couple of years ago with the Sharks.

Also a rumor is circulating that the Flames are interested and have offered a deal to Alex Auld, Personally I just don't see him coming here. Why would he want to come here and play a minimum amount of games where he could go somewhere else and split or even possibly start on some teams.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#23 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:57 pm

I dont think/want Auld coming here. Auld will not take the minimum and we have buckets of goalie prospects ready to make the junk.

I would rather see Curtis Mchilney(sp?) or Brent Krahn come up and save us some money.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#24 » by moose man » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:58 pm

I agree Prodigy, I'd much rather see us start to give a younger guy a chance. Just in case Kipper goes down or he doesn't resign.

Another rumour is that the Flames might be interested in signing Lindros to an incentive laiden contract. I don't like this one bit. We already have enough centers and have signed our fair share of older vets this summer.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#25 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:18 pm

We may as well just lour Yashin away from Russia if we sign Lindros then we can re-unite the has beens.

Return to Calgary Flames