Bmaasse
Senior
And1: 590

Re: PG Knicks - Vegas Baby 

Post#221 » by Bmaasse » Wed Dec 6, 2023 9:37 pm

Shaffty wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
I have noticed the Bucks tending to attack the other team’s best offensive players on the defensive end. I assume the philosophy is to make them work on both ends to tire them out. I’ll give Grief credit for targeting specific defenders. Bud refused to do that for the most part. (Should have done everything possible to get Brown on Giannis in 22 playoffs)

I'm still not convinced anything good that Griff does wasn't done by accident

what actual reason do you have for this feeling besides intrinsic bias?

I've noticed a lot of that here on this board, regarding players as well.
Bmaasse
Senior
And1: 590

Post#222 » by Bmaasse » Wed Dec 6, 2023 9:42 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:"I thought our crowd was terrific" - Adrian Grffin, taking a very personal shot at VooDoo.

Nobody here has ever said Grief was smart. This just strengthens point. If you're watching this PHO-LAL game, you can clearly see/hear how pathetic our crowd is in comparison. There were times in the 4th quarter where our guys would make a shot, and the crowd literally stayed at the same volume. :lol:

I was at the game last night and I was so pissed when fans left so early, I get that it was a Tuesday night but come on! stay and show some support and love for the team advancing to Vegas, they treated it like a regular tuesday night game in December....maybe the bucks and league can do a better job with marketing the tournament and NBA cup. i've been to games in other arenas and it feels like they pump artificial crowd noise in the arena, not sure about it but definitely felt like that was happening in the United center a few weeks ago when we played the bulls there.

I left early because the bar I parked at only has one shuttle and I wanted to make sure that my wife and I got a seat.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#223 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:29 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Ugh, I'm sick of those entitled fans paying money and driving to a game on a Tuesday.

And yeah it's kind of weird to compare our first playoff run in two decades to a Tuesday night in December after years of contending.

Right. It's just Tuesday crowds that suck. I swear some of you just don't pay attention. And definitely don't pay attention to other NBA arenas and how the crowds are.

I just think it's weird you are directing your anger at the customer. It's like being upset at guy not enjoying his burger. The Bucks are a billion dollar entertainment franchise. They should be held responsible for creating the type of atmosphere they want. Everything is about creating a high-end experience to maximize value:
$18 Mixed Drinks versus $5 24 ounce beers
$15 custom burgers instead of $2 hot dogs that get you back to your seat quicker
Differential food where you walk across the arena to get what you want verus having every stand the same
$75 Bucks quarter zip instead of pushing better fitting free shirts for color games
$100 Rail Seats in areas that were designed to put SRO rowdy fans in
$Sponsorship money Tshirt toss instead of letting fans cheer on the defense
Less seats to charge a premium vs the bigger BC
Club experiences that encourage you to be there instead of in your seats
Prioritizing Corporate Sales over individual sales
Went cheap on the stadium and have long ass bathroom lines
Forcing loud timeout sponsored entertainment during timeouts instead of allowing down time for people to talk when the game isn't on

ETA: And I'm cool with it. We have an insane payroll for a team in Milwaukee despite a lot of people here complaining constantly how cheap our owners are.

So these are all excuses why the Fiserv crowd sucks? This affects individuals so much that they feel that can't/shouldn't cheer/makes noise once they're seated in their seats? Ahhh, this beer cost a lot of money...I'm just gonna sit here and be quiet now! You don't think other arenas have these same pricing/issues?

Again, the length some of you will go to make excuses is crazy to me.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#224 » by tedbrogen » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:30 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:We clearly targeted Brunson and Randle btw. They got torched. :lol:

I have noticed the Bucks tending to attack the other team’s best offensive players on the defensive end. I assume the philosophy is to make them work on both ends to tire them out. I’ll give Grief credit for targeting specific defenders. Bud refused to do that for the most part. (Should have done everything possible to get Brown on Giannis in 22 playoffs)

I'm still not convinced anything good that Griff does wasn't done by accident

None of us are in the locker room or huddles so we don’t really know. I’m as guilty as anyone of attributing stuff to specific players or coaches without having full information.

At the very least, AG is approving the things they are doing out there. Unless we assume he is so bad that’s he’s just standing there and the players are making ALL the decisions, which seems highly unlikely as we’d have to assume Horst would have either fired him or installed a puppet master in the lead assistant role by now if that were truly the case.

We also know the players are listening to him to at least SOME extent based on the overplaying for steals and guarding guys 35 feet from the hoop at times. Like those are not habits for anyone that was a Buck under Bud.

As much as I wanted Grief fired earlier in the season, there are things I’ve noticed the team doing that I like, such as Brook is dropping but not always as crazy deep so he is also taking away some of the shorter twos that Bud’s Bucks just lived with, players are putting forth great effort and when they focus it more on staying in front of their man and hitting the glass instead of trying for steals and picking up at half court (which for the former they happen to do a lot in the last five minutes of close games) it’s a decently effective defense despite having a horrible defensive backcourt with Dame and Beas along with two laterally challenged dudes in Brook and Midds, they seem to go at other teams best offensive players even hunting those matchups at times, Brook is being used as a roller and is wrecking teams in the paint, Beas is mostly a corner sniper and as the head of the HateBeas club I’ll admit I was wrong on him (he’s engaged defensively and has been a great fit as guy who murders you for leaving him open in the corner), and most importantly they usually run things through Dame in the clutch.

How much or little of that is attributable to Grief will be impossible for us to know for sure, but at the very least he is allowing it to happen and I don’t think most of those things happen under Bud.imo
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,160

Post#225 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:38 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Right. It's just Tuesday crowds that suck. I swear some of you just don't pay attention. And definitely don't pay attention to other NBA arenas and how the crowds are.

I just think it's weird you are directing your anger at the customer. It's like being upset at guy not enjoying his burger. The Bucks are a billion dollar entertainment franchise. They should be held responsible for creating the type of atmosphere they want. Everything is about creating a high-end experience to maximize value:
$15 custom burgers instead of $2 hot dogs that get you back to your seat quicker
Differential food where you walk across the arena to get what you want verus having every stand the same
$75 Bucks quarter zip instead of pushing better fitting free shirts for color games
Forcing loud timeout sponsored entertainment during timeouts instead of allowing down time for people to talk when the game isn't on

ETA: And I'm cool with it. We have an insane payroll for a team in Milwaukee despite a lot of people here complaining constantly how cheap our owners are.

So these are all excuses why the Fiserv crowd sucks? This affects individuals so much that they feel that can't/shouldn't cheer/makes noise once they're seated in their seats? Ahhh, this beer cost a lot of money...I'm just gonna sit here and be quiet now! You don't think other arenas have these same pricing/issues?

Actually, yes without going into the different types of people who show up to games at these prices, even if its the same person I think the person sipping 1 $18 drink with a measured shot is going to act differently from a fan who had a couple 24 ounce beers throughout the game cause they are cheap.

I mean, i agree with you that the crowd sucks. I'm just explaining reasons why they suck.
Milwaukee has **** drivers. I can sit here and bitch all day about how people should drive better, but it doesn't get to the root cause/solutions. Rather direct my anger at people who can fix the solution (City officials in charge of Police enforcement, Physical street design, etc).

Telling a guy who just dropped $300 at a game to be a better fan is going have the same impact of telling a 19 year old to drive better.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#226 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 10:47 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I just think it's weird you are directing your anger at the customer. It's like being upset at guy not enjoying his burger. The Bucks are a billion dollar entertainment franchise. They should be held responsible for creating the type of atmosphere they want. Everything is about creating a high-end experience to maximize value:

Actually, yes without going into the different types of people who show up to games at these prices, even if its the same person I think the person sipping 1 $18 drink with a measured shot is going to act differently from a fan who had a couple 24 ounce beers throughout the game cause they are cheap.

I mean, i agree with you that the crowd sucks. I'm just explaining reasons why they suck.
Milwaukee has **** drivers. I can sit here and bitch all day about how people should drive better, but it doesn't get to the root cause/solutions. Rather direct my anger at people who can fix the solution (City officials in charge of Police enforcement, Physical street design, etc).

Telling a guy who just dropped $300 at a game to be a better fan is going have the same impact of telling a 19 year old to drive better.

Gotcha. I thought you were making excuses more than giving reasons. My whole argument is that the Fiserv crowd sucks. For whatever reasons. Other arenas have outrageous pricing as well. Yet that doesn't stop the fans from being engaged during the games. Maybe there should be a study done as to why our crowd is so pathetic.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Post#227 » by bucksfansince88 » Wed Dec 6, 2023 11:01 pm

Ive noticed that Prunty has been way more vocal and engaging with Griff more the past few games

Return to Milwaukee Bucks