ImageImage

PG Bulls - Win

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Re: PG Bulls - Win 

Post#161 » by tedbrogen » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:30 pm

In fairness to Jimbo Wet-Wet, most of his minutes were before Dame/Giannis had enough time in the lab to fix the offense, so his minutes during those early season games they got completely boatraced are weighing more heavily.
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 833

Post#162 » by drdrG » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:16 pm

Heard Doc Rivers on the Simmons pod say something like, "I was a good enough coach to give us a shot after 3 1/2 quarters". He was talking about the Pistons not having any closers. He suggests that the end of the game is mostly up to the players.

Since we are average up until closing time, and then great, logic leads to Griffin's system is really bad and our talent is getting it done down the stretch.
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 833

Post#163 » by drdrG » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:20 pm

I haven't spent any effort trying to quantify this but in comparison to other teams, to my eye we are really slow and lazy most of the game. A disproportionately high percentage of our initially good defensive possessions end with a putback dunk or offensive rebound because Middleton, Beasley or someone stops moving as soon as the shot goes up.

I get demoralized as a fan. Can only imagine how the players feel when they made a good effort on defense initially only to see an opponent getting an uncontested putback.

Same problem applies in defensive transition.

I know we are bad on defense but it seems like the easy fix button is more consistent effort...
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#164 » by tedbrogen » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:35 am

drdrG wrote:I haven't spent any effort trying to quantify this but in comparison to other teams, to my eye we are really slow and lazy most of the game. A disproportionately high percentage of our initially good defensive possessions end with a putback dunk or offensive rebound because Middleton, Beasley or someone stops moving as soon as the shot goes up.

I get demoralized as a fan. Can only imagine how the players feel when they made a good effort on defense initially only to see an opponent getting an uncontested putback.

Same problem applies in defensive transition.

I know we are bad on defense but it seems like the easy fix button is more consistent effort...

Step 1 - stop wasting effort gambling for steals and guarding guys 30 feet from the hoop
Step 2 - stop having guys blindly crash the offensive boards with no structure to prevent transition
Step 3 - use that effort instead to secure defensive rebounds and get back in transition
Step 4 - ???
Step 5 - Profit!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks