PG Knicks - Bucks Fall

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,197

Re: PG Knicks - Bucks Fall 

Post#81 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:17 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:but the Knicks also made a stupid amount of floaters, contested layups, and mid-range jumpers.

It may be statistically one of the worst spots on the floor, but when our defense is designed to heavily give up those looks without much opposition, and we're playing guys who are good at that game it's really not too much of an excuse.

Same thing happened with Bud’s defense and I continue to have zero issue with not prioritizing defending that shot. If a team is gonna floater/mid-range us to death then so be it. It’s the transition and over-rotating leading to an open layup crap that’s dumb and needs to stop. Another game where if we just clean up the easy mistakes, we probably win a close one.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,496

Post#82 » by KidA24 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:27 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:but the Knicks also made a stupid amount of floaters, contested layups, and mid-range jumpers.

It may be statistically one of the worst spots on the floor, but when our defense is designed to heavily give up those looks without much opposition, and we're playing guys who are good at that game it's really not too much of an excuse.

Same thing happened with Bud’s defense and I continue to have zero issue with not prioritizing defending that shot. If a team is gonna floater/mid-range us to death then so be it. It’s the transition and over-rotating leading to an open layup crap that’s dumb and needs to stop. Another game where if we just clean up the easy mistakes, we probably win a close one.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#83 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:34 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

I agree on fixing the stuff you can fix but man, I've watched Brook and Bobby get carved up by the "zero issue" shots too much to be confident that it's not a huge problem.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Post#84 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:02 am

Daver wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:

Agree you have 2 guys score over 30 another dude score 24 hold the knicks to 8/26 from 3 you would expect to win though if beasley doesnt give you a gooseegg from 3 great chsnce we win

Or if Beasley defended someone, but he couldn't. Sad that Khris had to take Brunson because Beas couldn't do his job. Granted, that shouldn't be Beas job, but that's why he's just a bad fit on this team.

Typical post from you you turn a team spirt into your basic beasley hate thread again.So its all beasleys fault tbry lost really.Brunson scored 30 plus points last game n bucks won by 19 didnt hear these comments then.They lost cause they gave up 70 points in the paint n the bench did nothing.You're pathetic in the fact that bucks win you bash beas bucks lose n its beas fault wow

Did you notice that after Beasley failed to rotate from the corner twice in a row as we gave up layups, Giannis screamed at Beasley, and Griffin benched him? I suppose that was my fault too? He's an incredibly lazy player, a constant culprit of our poor transition defense, and I doubt he finishes the year on our team.

Hopefully some sucker who needs shooting offers a 2nd or 2 for him, and we can use that to get a defender.
bbbarnett47
Junior
And1: 136

Post#85 » by bbbarnett47 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:01 am

Another thing I noticed: doubling with Brook or Giannis is incredibly dumb. We're sure to give up a tip-in/dunk every single time that happens.

Also, really really dumb fouls in this one. AJJ 90 feet away, Brook (multiple times) necessarily fouling when the offensive player has to take an extremely tough shot. POA defense needs to get figured out, all NY needed to do in this is play volleyball off their misses because they were in the paint ALL GAME.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#86 » by mediocrityrules » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:21 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

I agree completely. I don't mind if we give up the mid-range, tear-drop, floater type shots all game long. Let Brunson, Trae, Luka etc go for 35 (we've already shown multiple times this season that a guard scoring 30+ does not in any way mean a win against us). However, we should be able to tighten the screws everywhere else on D against all other shot types. We're not doing that so it highlights the mid-range stuff as an issue. It's not really an issue as we're designed to give those up. We need to be better at all of the other things that we can control on D.
Circling calendars since 2021
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,097

Post#87 » by Siefer » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:19 pm

The rebounding has been improving, but the transition D continues to be a big black eye. It's not an ability problem. They're just giving away 4-6 points a night, even in comfortable wins.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,032

Post#88 » by sidney lanier » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:46 pm

Siefer wrote:The rebounding has been improving, but the transition D continues to be a big black eye. It's not an ability problem. They're just giving away 4-6 points a night, even in comfortable wins.

That's true. Still not a finished product, but things like this will be the last to fix.

Overall I'm encouraged by the energeffort (which should be a word, at least in the NBA). Khris was really hustling on defense and trying to disrupt. Everybody seems to want to play hard for this first-year coach, and every game shows some measure of improvement. It won't be a linear progression, and there will be steps back as well as steps forward, but I like our position.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#89 » by jimmybones » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:22 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Or if Beasley defended someone, but he couldn't. Sad that Khris had to take Brunson because Beas couldn't do his job. Granted, that shouldn't be Beas job, but that's why he's just a bad fit on this team.

Typical post from you you turn a team spirt into your basic beasley hate thread again.So its all beasleys fault tbry lost really.Brunson scored 30 plus points last game n bucks won by 19 didnt hear these comments then.They lost cause they gave up 70 points in the paint n the bench did nothing.You're pathetic in the fact that bucks win you bash beas bucks lose n its beas fault wow

Did you notice that after Beasley failed to rotate from the corner twice in a row as we gave up layups, Giannis screamed at Beasley, and Griffin benched him? I suppose that was my fault too? He's an incredibly lazy player, a constant culprit of our poor transition defense, and I doubt he finishes the year on our team.

Hopefully some sucker who needs shooting offers a 2nd or 2 for him, and we can use that to get a defender.

yeah
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Post#90 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:24 pm

:)
jimmybones wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:

yeah

Dang, I'll try to do better :)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks