ImageImage

PG Indy - Bucks Fade Away

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,392

Re: PG Indy - Bucks Fade Away 

Post#121 » by rilamann » Tue Jan 2, 2024 8:54 pm

emunney wrote:Slept on it, and it's insane to lose to the Pacers when they shoot that badly from 3. Worst loss of the season.

You're not going to win every game over the course of an 82, obviously. But there are some losses that are red flag losses, last night was one of them.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#122 » by fan230 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 9:26 pm

msiris wrote:A good
coach would have the ball in Dames hands alot. At the end of last nights game Mids had it more than Dame.

Yes, Khris did have the ball more then, because Dame was terrible throughout the game in offense and defense. We were trying to salvage the game from where we had got to.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#123 » by fan230 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 9:33 pm

rilamann wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
rilamann wrote:
With Dame it really just comes down to which standard you are holding him to.

If you're holding Dame to the level of a really good all star type of player he's been great.

If you're holding him to the standard of a true superstar, he hasn't been that.

I've been pretty positive all season and I am not one to overreact over a single regular season game. But the game last night deff gives me some doubts about this Bucks team going forward.

His self-assessment was unusually candid in his postgame sound. He said (paraphrasing) that he was accustomed to a role in which he was the initiator and had the ball in his hand, and the transition to playing off the ball was a challenge for him in terms of getting in the flow and building a rhythm.

We're still in the test kitchen and far from ready to open the restaurant. The recipes with Giannis bringing the ball up are unlikely to make it to the final menu. Dame as initiator should be the house specialty, and I think eventually it will.

I will have to check out the Dame postgame sound.

I get that Dame needs time to adjust but we're approaching the midpoint of the season and there have been a few games (Like last night) where he just seems out of it. Giannis is a superstar and he has some bad games sometimes, but he almost never has games where he just seems out of it. We're only 33 games into the season and Dame has already had a few.

Again, I am not saying he's been bad, but I just don't think we are getting the level of consistency and commitment that you would expect from a superstar who claims to be hungry for a championship.

I've been saying for the past couple months that I would never bet against a team with Giannis & Dame.

If Dame has a couple more games like he had last night between now and mid-April, I might be changing my tune.

Everyone is adjusting to a new coach. Dame just sucked yesterday and his statement sounds like a lame excuse to me. Already ag gives in to Dame’s preference to play tbe full first quarter. Now he wants to have the ball always in his hand? When he had the ball yesterday he was just trying to chuck up one unsuccessful 3 pointer after another. Little attempt at creating anything from anywhere else on the court or creating for others as a pg.

As someone else said, his sole preference was to go to Miami, probably the championship was not the primary goal.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,755

Post#124 » by msiris » Tue Jan 2, 2024 11:28 pm

fan230 wrote:
coach would have the ball in Dames hands alot. At the end of last nights game Mids had it more than Dame.

Yes, Khris did have the ball more then, because Dame was terrible throughout the game in offense and defense. We were trying to salvage the game from where we had got to.
And Mids turned it over a couple of times at the end
Ride the tank
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#125 » by nagawicka » Wed Jan 3, 2024 4:46 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Sigra wrote:Nope. We will talk in summer 2026.

That's a long time off. Reckon the Bulls will be good any time in the interim? :D

Legend has it the Bulls have guards capable of defending at the point-of-attack.

IS THIS TRUE
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Post#126 » by HKPackFan » Wed Jan 3, 2024 4:55 am

I really wanted a W with a 30/20/10 giannis line.

That would have been so cool.

Wasted a Giannis triple double game.

Defense blows. I do remember one of the pacers games AJJ slowed down TJ Mcjordan for a few minutes. I don't know if AG never noticed or forgot.

Bobby completely losing his 3 ball hurts. He was never much of a defender and now being only a postup guy and not giving much else some nights hurts.

Bobby still has some good games but his 3 ball seems to have vanished. There was a time I wanted him to try out for the 3pt contest. Now I don't even expect it to go in.
#FreeChuckDiesel
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#127 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Jan 3, 2024 5:31 am

Refs let the Pacers hack the sh-- out of Giannis & Dame.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,029

Post#128 » by BUCKnation » Wed Jan 3, 2024 3:36 pm

Pacers have really been the only team to beat us in clutch time. Outside of that weird bulls game where Caruso hit that 3 to tie, we've basically beat everyone in close games in the 4th but the Pacers, 3 times now.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,029

Post#129 » by BUCKnation » Wed Jan 3, 2024 3:39 pm

Bucksmaniac wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:
ReginaldDwight wrote:Idk Pat and Bobby were so **** bad tonight, but its to be expected from those two guys for me now. Watching Pat play basketball now is painful

I don't really fully understand what happened with Pat. Even when the shooting came and went in the past I always thought he could hang out there for the most part. Now he plays like he's a guy who's 5 years older than he actually is.

His athleticism is gone, injuries probably played a big part. Now he has to shoot 50% from 3 to be an asset, maybe not even one then.

He has good athleticism on his fly-by's still :-?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,172

Post#130 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Jan 3, 2024 4:04 pm

Everyone thought Pat was done last season too, and then he was one of the only dudes on the team to show up in the playoffs. Defensively I'm not seeing much of a drop off. I think people are doing the same thing they're doing with Brook, i.e. no one really appreciated how Bud put all these guys in ideal situations/defensive spots to maximize their strengths and hide their weaknesses. Pat's never had the wingspan or lateral quickness to be a lock-down guy, but that's the only type of archetype that works with Griffin's frustrating "square peg in round hole" chaos defense that we keep trying to hammer into existence. That may be in itself a reason to trade him, but if you're operating at a loss then I'd much rather just have his salary for offseason trades and bank on him showing up in the playoffs like he always does.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,221

Post#131 » by FrieAaron » Wed Jan 3, 2024 5:39 pm

fan230 wrote:

Yes, Dame had a rough shooting night, but since when is a good idea to take the ball out of your best players hands down the stretch because they're having a bad game? By no means am I saying Khris shouldn't touch the ball, and he's a good playmaker in his own right, but in a close game down the stretch I 100% want Dame handling the ball on this team. He'll find Khris and Giannis if they're in good position to score.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#132 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Jan 3, 2024 6:06 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
fan230 wrote:

Yes, Dame had a rough shooting night, but since when is a good idea to take the ball out of your best players hands down the stretch because they're having a bad game? By no means am I saying Khris shouldn't touch the ball, and he's a good playmaker in his own right, but in a close game down the stretch I 100% want Dame handling the ball on this team. He'll find Khris and Giannis if they're in good position to score.

Dame was dropping nifty dimes in that game. It'll be nice to see more of that as they all get acclimated to each other.

And he had a number of buckets that just rolled out.

Hopefully he's been getting help navigating the whole separation as a father thing. That just sucks.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks