randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,434

Re: PG Utah: Great Third Quarter! 

Post#301 » by randy84 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:37 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
randy84 wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
The NBA formed in 1949, with a lot of teams and a lot of seasons since then. Not sure I'd be spiking the ball in that end zone where, fun fact, the goal posts used to be on the goal line. Before they moved them.

Wasn’t Don Nelson’s whole career getting fired mid season as a winning coach?

Happened once. Knicks. But he had been coaching 18 years at that point.

I thought Dallas fired him right before the playoffs, but I might be misremembering.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,822

Post#302 » by AussieBuck » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:20 am

I'm up for hiring Don Nelson.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,402

Post#303 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:27 am

AussieBuck wrote:I'm up for hiring Don Nelson.

https://youtu.be/HQWjo56xDyc?si=WmOIRLtsATtvVNsO
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Post#304 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:14 pm

nagawicka wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
BigO wrote:I've asked this before with no real answer. The Bucks team is essentially the same (plus KM is playing) with the one change of Lillard for Jrue. Is that one personnel change the biggest reason for the defensive sieve we see? I don't think so.

I think blame is 50% on Griff, 30% on Dame, but the NBA is so competitive small differences add up. BroLo does look a slight step slower. Dude is massive and almost 36...they tend to decline at that age. Cam instead of JC makes a little difference as well. Add in 15 minutes of Wes a game instead of Beas, etc.

What, not enough responsibility to spread some around to Horst and the Front Office? Bringing in Dame is fine--as long as you account for the risk of bringing in a huge superstar who's handled the ball and scored massively his entire career but never played with a one-man show habitually trying to do it on his own. Aside from assuming chemistry magically appears w/o time & work, any 2 superstars don't magically sync up just b/c some NBA franchise goes grocery shopping. 'Now Giannis will have to play ball--it's Dame!' To his credit, looks like Giannis is playing with greater ball movement, so kudos to him.

Lol, Dame played off in Portland a bunch, he has always been paired with another PG in CJ and Simons.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#305 » by DingleJerry » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:32 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
nagawicka wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I think blame is 50% on Griff, 30% on Dame, but the NBA is so competitive small differences add up. BroLo does look a slight step slower. Dude is massive and almost 36...they tend to decline at that age. Cam instead of JC makes a little difference as well. Add in 15 minutes of Wes a game instead of Beas, etc.

What, not enough responsibility to spread some around to Horst and the Front Office? Bringing in Dame is fine--as long as you account for the risk of bringing in a huge superstar who's handled the ball and scored massively his entire career but never played with a one-man show habitually trying to do it on his own. Aside from assuming chemistry magically appears w/o time & work, any 2 superstars don't magically sync up just b/c some NBA franchise goes grocery shopping. 'Now Giannis will have to play ball--it's Dame!' To his credit, looks like Giannis is playing with greater ball movement, so kudos to him.

Lol, Dame played off in Portland a bunch, he has always been paired with another PG in CJ and Simons.

Yes but minutes were staggered and Dame was in control when in. Sure, not every single play but in general. I have no idea how we're middway and they haven't staggered Dame/Giannis so one is always out there. But the bigger difference from that vs here is that Por generally had a PnR based ball movement system over the years. So even if CJ did bring it up and initiate when he was on the floor there would still be movement. Giannis's attack from top of key is everyone standing and watching. That's not to say that also isn't good offense since Giannis is ridiculous, and it seems logical why he's being even more efficient at it this year is helped by Dame being out there so he has more space (and Beas shooting great too). Basically they now have two great shooters who can shoot quick so its way harder to 'wall' than it has been in the past.

Still, we've all seen this offense crash in the playoffs over and over. It would be much better to get an actual system and movement in place during the year to hopefully help with that in the playoffs and to have one of the best guys ever at running it actually run it seems to make sense. Still, the O is so talented it shouldn't matter much, it will still be good. The D/rebounding is the focus.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks