PG Pacers Game 3: Loss

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,334

Re: PG Pacers Game 3: Loss 

Post#201 » by rilamann » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:50 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
rilamann wrote:You see the Pacers running and flying around and you don't see thier guys getting hurt or hobbling around. It's not so much that the Pacers have good luck as much as it most of the guys on their roster are in their 20's.

Haliburton literally had a midseason injury that greatly impacted him (and still is seemingly) adn then he forced himself to like to 65 games played so he could get contract incentives. He played 56 and 58 games due to injuries previous years at 21 and 23 years old. Turner has played 62, 42 and 47 games the previous three seasons ages 24-27. One of the Pacers best young players is literally sitting out the entire playoffs right now with an injury. Like what world do you live in.

I live in a world where basketball is a young man's game.

I never said young guys are totally immune to injuries. Holy **** strawman.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,122

Post#202 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:05 am

Ajax should've been in the rotation already but better late than never.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
yb90
Senior
And1: 247

Post#203 » by yb90 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 am

Did Ajax really the 4th beside defense for offense substitution?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,131

Post#204 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:17 am

rilamann wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
rilamann wrote:You see the Pacers running and flying around and you don't see thier guys getting hurt or hobbling around. It's not so much that the Pacers have good luck as much as it most of the guys on their roster are in their 20's.

Haliburton literally had a midseason injury that greatly impacted him (and still is seemingly) adn then he forced himself to like to 65 games played so he could get contract incentives. He played 56 and 58 games due to injuries previous years at 21 and 23 years old. Turner has played 62, 42 and 47 games the previous three seasons ages 24-27. One of the Pacers best young players is literally sitting out the entire playoffs right now with an injury. Like what world do you live in.

And last year when 33/34 year old often injured Jimmy Butler was beating us singlehandedly it was because the playoffs are a"man's league". Oh 23 year old Tyler Herro missed that series too btw.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#205 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
rilamann wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Haliburton literally had a midseason injury that greatly impacted him (and still is seemingly) adn then he forced himself to like to 65 games played so he could get contract incentives. He played 56 and 58 games due to injuries previous years at 21 and 23 years old. Turner has played 62, 42 and 47 games the previous three seasons ages 24-27. One of the Pacers best young players is literally sitting out the entire playoffs right now with an injury. Like what world do you live in.

And last year when 33/34 year old often injured Jimmy Butler was beating us singlehandedly it was because the playoffs are a"man's league".

It's a mixture of both and coaching
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,301

Post#206 » by soboMP3 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 am

Can we just make a rilamann thread already? The guy posts in his own echo chamber. Let him have at it. It’s honestly getting old reading his drivel post after post (when we lose).
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,243

Post#207 » by RiotPunch » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 am

Disappointed in Frank for calling out RealGM for calling for, "PUT IN A REBOUNDER!" when we literally saw the young guys beating the Pacers to the ball consistently.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
yb90
Senior
And1: 247

Post#208 » by yb90 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 am

Lillard needs to tweak his game next year and should've done so sooner but he needs to learn how to create for others besides just the roll man. He needs to get his shooters more shots to create more space for him to operate.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,762

Post#209 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. Smoke less crack.

Don't get worked up over him, he thought we were better off in the playoffs with Jrue instead of Dame.

jrue/allen/picks > injured dame

no question dame won the first game with giannis out. i'll give him that. but we burned the barn down for him and we arent gonna win **** and we dont have a backup plan.

as a fan of THE FRANCHISE its a disheartening time

Burned the barn down? Not being stuck with Allen in the playoffs is addition by subtraction. I don't think that future 1st we gave was going to help us this year.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#210 » by RiotPunch » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:07 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Don't get worked up over him, he thought we were better off in the playoffs with Jrue instead of Dame.

no question dame won the first game with giannis out. i'll give him that. but we burned the barn down for him and we arent gonna win **** and we dont have a backup plan.

Burned the barn down? Not being stuck with Allen in the playoffs is addition by subtraction. I don't think that future 1st we gave was going to help us this year.

It's an asinine take. Dame has proven to be the guy we traded for in the postseason. *Injured* Dame is classic goalpost moving. Imagine being saddled with Jrue/Grayson's new contracts and being down 0-3 in the series without Giannis.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,969

Post#211 » by Prez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 am

With Dame we had a chance to be up 2-1 without Giannis, we'd pretty comfortably be 0-3 with Jrue/Grayson instead. I cannot believe that is still a talking point. If Giannis wasn't injured I still maintain our fully healthy squad has the ceiling to win a title. With current Jrue you have absolutely 0% chance winning the title. It was always the right move even if we lose this series.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,025

Post#212 » by Ryan5UW » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 am

yb90 wrote:Lillard needs to tweak his game next year and should've done so sooner but he needs to learn how to create for others besides just the roll man. He needs to get his shooters more shots to create more space for him to operate.

Dude needs to stop hunting for fouls. It’s fine sometimes but it seems like it consumes his game at times, and when he doesn’t get the whistle that approach kills us. That stupid jumper he took late in regulation (I think it was in regulation) was a killer.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,254

Post#213 » by humanrefutation » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am

Prez wrote:With Dame we had a chance to be up 2-1 without Giannis, we'd pretty comfortably be 0-3 with Jrue/Grayson instead. I cannot believe that is still a talking point. If Giannis wasn't injured I still maintain our fully healthy squad has the ceiling to win a title. With current Jrue you have absolutely 0% chance winning the title. It was always the right move even if we lose this series.

Yep. Any bad feelings about Dame should have evaporated in this series. Dame came to **** play. Even in Game 3, where he was not shooting well, the dude dropped 10 consecutive points in the 4th to bring us back. He was closing out on shooters, playing physical defense, trying to take charges, etc.

The Dame we've seen in this series is the Dame I always wanted us to see this year. If we can make it out of this series and Giannis can return, I'd be frightened if I was a fan of any team we'd face.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#214 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 am

Prez wrote:With Dame we had a chance to be up 2-1 without Giannis, we'd pretty comfortably be 0-3 with Jrue/Grayson instead. I cannot believe that is still a talking point. If Giannis wasn't injured I still maintain our fully healthy squad has the ceiling to win a title. With current Jrue you have absolutely 0% chance winning the title. It was always the right move even if we lose this series.

+1
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,256

Post#215 » by Sigra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 am

If all 30 teams were 100% healthy last 6 years would we have this?

Hell, if Bucks, Warriors, Nuggets and Nets were 100% healthy last 6 years we would have 0 rings last 6 years.

So yeah, I am happy with one ring
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#216 » by RiotPunch » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 am

Offensive boardz
#FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,769

Post#217 » by AussieBuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 am

We shoulda stuck with the guys who sucked and are currently still sucking on other teams.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,256

Post#218 » by Sigra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 am

PG Graveyard wrote:We have never been healthy in the playoffs. It really sucks. I’m so jealous of Denver avoiding this somehow.

Their 2nd best player missed 2021 and 2022 playoffs. If he was healthy I beleive they would now fight for three peat.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#219 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 am

RiotPunch wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

It's an asinine take. Dame has proven to be the guy we traded for in the postseason. *Injured* Dame is classic goalpost moving. Imagine being saddled with Jrue/Grayson's new contracts and being down 0-3 in the series without Giannis.

we shuffled deck chairs and got a marginally higher upside with a much greater likelihood of being rat **** if we weren't healthy

so now with dame and giannis getting injured year after year after year banking on khris to be the healthy one whats an asinine take is making some other point beyond that. while you guys all wonder what could have been ill remind you its as silly an exercise as debating the outcome of lottery scratch offs
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,122

Post#220 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 am

Doc liked what he got from AJax (postgame presser, re: bringing the ball up). Sounds like he'll get more burn Sunday. Should.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks