James1980
Veteran
And1: 400

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#41 » by James1980 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:
I do think Dame is pretty far on the extreme end of being difficult to improve upon. But I'm open to it.

Dame may come back and win the series, so I’m putting an asterisk on the comments. Heck, maybe Middleton does his 2021 Kawhi impression and carries us. Pacers aren’t that great.

But, both Middleton and Dame are heading into that Chris Paul 2018 phase (age 33). Do they get a couple years of rejuvenation or go the way most guys in their mid-30’s go?

Personally, I think two of Brook, Midds, Dame need to be dealt this summer if the value is there. Otherwise think we end up like Phoenix, Clippers, or other teams that hold onto old stars, that are always battling injuries.

Once again not acknowledging that none of these guys have injury problems besides the star we are trying to build around

Khris has missed 1 playoff series in his career

You can shuffle the deck chairs all you want, won't matter if the engine blows up right before we head to shore

Khris played 55 games this year and 33 last year.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#42 » by FrieAaron » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:33 pm

I do think in general buying low on young guys people have given up on early is probably the way to go if you're trying to retool around the big 3
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,767

Post#43 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 pm

James1980 wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Dame may come back and win the series, so I’m putting an asterisk on the comments. Heck, maybe Middleton does his 2021 Kawhi impression and carries us. Pacers aren’t that great.

But, both Middleton and Dame are heading into that Chris Paul 2018 phase (age 33). Do they get a couple years of rejuvenation or go the way most guys in their mid-30’s go?

Personally, I think two of Brook, Midds, Dame need to be dealt this summer if the value is there. Otherwise think we end up like Phoenix, Clippers, or other teams that hold onto old stars, that are always battling injuries.

Once again not acknowledging that none of these guys have injury problems besides the star we are trying to build around

You can shuffle the deck chairs all you want, won't matter if the engine blows up right before we head to shore

And that means diddly squat once the playoff start. You looking for a regular season title?
James1980
Veteran
And1: 400

Post#44 » by James1980 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
James1980 wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Once again not acknowledging that none of these guys have injury problems besides the star we are trying to build around

And that means diddly squat once the playoff start. You looking for a regular season title?

He's injury prone, my guy
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,058

Post#45 » by German Athens » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm

I just wanna know how getable Eason is. If you want that versatile defensive front court piece who could play that Aaron Gordon role - I think he’s the guy.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,909

Post#46 » by fansinceforever » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 pm

Middleton missing a lot of regular season games puts more pressure on Giannis to play often during the Regular season which is a big part of the reason he's not available now.

Let's not diminish the impact of Khris's availability. It's an issue.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,690

Post#47 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
BigO wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Old thread maxed out

My first prediction before the series started was the Pacers in 5 or 6.

My next prediction is that this thread will max out in RealGM record time. Get the popcorn ready.

So far the winner is Fotis, who wants to trade for Ben Simmons.

I could talk myself into Ben Simmons for the vet minimum.

Simmons will never play for Doc again
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#48 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
BigO wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Old thread maxed out

My next prediction is that this thread will max out in RealGM record time. Get the popcorn ready.

If that's the case, stop talking to yourself.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,767

Post#49 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 pm

James1980 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
James1980 wrote:

He plays when it matters.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#50 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:12 pm

What a complete waste of a year.
#FreeChuckDiesel
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,350

Post#51 » by jute2003 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:The off-season will be insufferable here.
Repetitive I told you so troll schticks everywhere. Barf
only a fan, only an opinion
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,649

Post#52 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 pm

BigO wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
BigO wrote:

If that's the case, stop talking to yourself.

:D :lol:
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#53 » by yannisk » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:39 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:
I do think Dame is pretty far on the extreme end of being difficult to improve upon. But I'm open to it.

So if Middleton gets injured at game 55 of the regular season and misses x games he is not injury prone
but if Giannis gets injured at game 79 of the regular season and misses x games he is

we have bubble wrapped Middleton for a couple of years to have him for the playoffs (ie he played 24 mpg for 33 games last year) and was the right thing to do

On the contrary we played Giannis the most games and most minutes since he was 23 or something
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,014

Post#54 » by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,014

Post#55 » by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:What a complete waste of a year.

I'm not even excited for next season with Doc at the helm.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#56 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 pm

yannisk wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

So if Middleton gets injured at game 55 of the regular season and misses x games he is not injury prone
but if Giannis gets injured at game 79 of the regular season and misses x games he is

we have bubble wrapped Middleton for a couple of years to have him for the playoffs (ie he played 24 mpg for 19 games last year) and was the right thing to do

On the contrary we played Giannis the most games and most minutes since he was 23 or something
There were numerous games this year where I thought it was a terrible idea to have Giannis play. He then would score 30+ or something. It was still a terrible idea.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#57 » by FrieAaron » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:43 pm

Honestly, until we hear word that Giannis just for sure isn't coming back, I haven't given up on the season yet. I 100% believe that if we get him back we're capable of beating this team 2-3 times in a row. Of course that depends on what % he is at and if Dame is now out or anything like that.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,146

Post#58 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:43 pm

One thing I love is when we get so caught up on trading a player because of one of their weaknesses and then turn around and "fawn" over a guy just as bad because he's "different". Herro has never played over 70 games in a season, he's missed as many playoff series as Khris Middleton and he sure as **** ain't making any all-defensive teams any time soon.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
FrieAaron
General Manager

Post#59 » by FrieAaron » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:46 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
James1980 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

He plays when it matters.

Do you actually believe this is a thing? That his missing 76 regular season games the last two seasons isn't cause for concern because that didn't happen to coincide with the playoffs? Was he not really that injured when he missed half of the last two seasons? I'm not even saying I want to trade Middleton, but I don't get the logic.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#60 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:04 pm

FrieAaron wrote:Honestly, until we hear word that Giannis just for sure isn't coming back, I haven't given up on the season yet. I 100% believe that if we get him back we're capable of beating this team 2-3 times in a row. Of course that depends on what % he is at and if Dame is now out or anything like that.
Dame being in a walking boot certainly puts a damper on things, but I'm with you.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu

Return to Milwaukee Bucks