PG Pacers Game 3: Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,667

Re: PG Pacers Game 3: Loss 

Post#381 » by -Jragon- » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:45 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Indy is lucky with our injury problems... we f#cked up with GA in March by not shutting him down til fully ready and now we are suffering

Indy as a 6th seed running the floor 100% is the same thing we always tried doing when we had hustle coaches like Skiles and Kidd but Carlisle has them more organized. If we had GA though I'm sure we'd be up at least 2-1 rn

I don’t think there is any world where Giannis agrees to be shut down. He’s not that guy.

Someone with common sense needed to make the decision for him then
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Post#382 » by FrieAaron » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:10 am

We'll see after this season I guess. Giannis is not without an ego - he wants to be talked about as a great, so he's got to hear the chatter every postseason. It might not he fair, but people are forgetting they player he can be when it matters the most.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#383 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 am

FrieAaron wrote:We'll see after this season I guess. Giannis is not without an ego - he wants to be talked about as a great, so he's got to hear the chatter every postseason. It might not he fair, but people are forgetting they player he can be when it matters the most.

nagging chronic injury issues are like father time. he wont have a lick of control over them. thats the sad part. i watched it with my hero sidney monciref. it was just what happened.

i wrote a paper in 9th grade english about how much he was a warrior in the 86/87 season battling injuries and then pushing the defending champion celtics to 7 games in that years playoffs. i wrote it and still have the paper today. that year was when my fanship peaked even perhaps with him and sikma and cummings etc etc. that was the hey dey of my awareness and energy and caring for the team and what moncrief did that year was amazing.

but the last hoorah. handwriting was on the wall... it was the end.

giannis may or may not be there but his leg issues seem to be chronic at this point. any overuse whatsoever and they show up. it isnt like a tough season. its every season. practically hes not where sid was but also... practically his use is elsewhee at this point. unless he says publically he wants to retire a buck because HE sees the handwriting on the wall then i say move him now. everything hes publically stated recently has been the exact opposite of a guy youd want to ride off into the sunset with
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Post#384 » by TroyD92 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:11 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:We'll see after this season I guess. Giannis is not without an ego - he wants to be talked about as a great, so he's got to hear the chatter every postseason. It might not he fair, but people are forgetting they player he can be when it matters the most.

nagging chronic injury issues are like father time. he wont have a lick of control over them. thats the sad part. i watched it with my hero sidney monciref. it was just what happened.

i wrote a paper in 9th grade english about how much he was a warrior in the 86/87 season battling injuries and then pushing the defending champion celtics to 7 games in that years playoffs. i wrote it and still have the paper today. that year was when my fanship peaked even perhaps with him and sikma and cummings etc etc. that was the hey dey of my awareness and energy and caring for the team and what moncrief did that year was amazing.

giannis may or may not be there but his leg issues seem to be chronic at this point. any overuse whatsoever and they show up. it isnt like a tough season. its every season. practically hes not where sid was but also... practically his use is elsewhee at this point. unless he says publically he wants to retire a buck because HE sees the handwriting on the wall then i say move him now. everything hes publically stated recently has been the exact opposite of a guy youd want to ride off into the sunset with

The issue is the package will never get the value back. This team doesnt own its own pick for years. Bottoming out has no value for a team that has none of its own draft capital.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#385 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:16 am

TroyD92 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

The issue is the package will never get the value back. This team doesnt own its own pick for years. Bottoming out has no value for a team that has none of its own draft capital.

giannis right now today could be dealt for a player that has more impact than he will over the next 5 years.... plus that teams draft capital that could be used or flipped

i understand he wont be dealt until he demands it tho. luckily wed still get a similar deal assuming the injuries dont compound and remain simply of a nagging sort

the problem is the other guys on the roster will regress dynamically if we wait to long.

obviously now is the time for a complete reload if you functioned with a bold mind and went against the heart. 2-3 years from now is when wed be truly stuck
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Post#386 » by TroyD92 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:18 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

giannis could be dealt for a player that has more impact than he will over the next 5 years.... plus draft capital

i understand he wont be dealt until he demands it tho. luckily wed still get a similar deal

Who? Any teams idea would be to trade everything besides their peaking/established star(s) for Giannis. Who cares if you get a CJ McCollumn type of guy? That leads us right back to 2001..
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#387 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 am

TroyD92 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

giannis could be dealt for a player that has more impact than he will over the next 5 years.... plus draft capital

i understand he wont be dealt until he demands it tho. luckily wed still get a similar deal

Who? Any teams idea would be to trade everything besides their peaking/established star(s) for Giannis. Who cares if you get a CJ McCollumn type of guy? That leads us right back to 2001..

would okc deal chet? would orlando consider paulo?

you see where im coming from. even durant was floated but id go the younger route with a complete reload tho

dame to miami and their package
middleton for whatever guy and package
lopez and portis for youth

with 3/d and parity the gap to contention has never been narrower. a guy like brunson can get you there apparently. whose the next brunson and who do you surround him with?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#388 » by skones » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:01 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

would okc deal chet? would orlando consider paulo?

you see where im coming from. even durant was floated but id go the younger route with a complete reload tho

dame to miami and their package
middleton for whatever guy and package
lopez and portis for youth

with 3/d and parity the gap to contention has never been narrower. a guy like brunson can get you there apparently. whose the next brunson and who do you surround him with?

If OKC wanted to push the envelope, they're probably the only team I even consider dealing with RIGHT NOW in a Giannis trade proposal.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,153

Post#389 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:15 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:Thanks for reminding me that you're Beasley backer. Why doesn't Doc play him anymore? Bias, right?

You talk out of both sides of your mouth so much :lol:. On one hand Beasley's playing because Doc is dumb but when he isn't it's because Doc is smart.

And the reason he hasn't played that last couple games much? Because a role player playing poorly shouldn't be playing. Same reason guys like Pat and Crowder aren't playing much either. You act like I'm mad that our coach is making a smart choice to find guys that have it that night? And let's be fully honest, I know you were upset when Beasley wasn't playing poorly and played 29 minutes in our game 1 win. You made that plenty clear.

Beasley was god awful in game 1, which lead to his quick hook in games 2 and 3. He was out of position or getting beat defensively on most possessions.

However, I apologize for needling you. I forget how upset you get. I'll stop. I'm in a good mood, it was fun to watch our best players play last game. Get Giannis back, and we now have a chance to save the season. It would be awesome to see Giannis actually play with Green or AJJ, instead of the low IQ lazy guy.

Oh we got no doubt you're in a great mood. Our stars are passing around walking boots, we're down in the series with a chance at back to back first round exits but no matter what happens next when you're old and grey you'll be able to look back at this season fondly convincing yourself of a "win". Truly must be a nice place to be.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,772

Post#390 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:49 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:You talk out of both sides of your mouth so much :lol:. On one hand Beasley's playing because Doc is dumb but when he isn't it's because Doc is smart.

And the reason he hasn't played that last couple games much? Because a role player playing poorly shouldn't be playing. Same reason guys like Pat and Crowder aren't playing much either. You act like I'm mad that our coach is making a smart choice to find guys that have it that night? And let's be fully honest, I know you were upset when Beasley wasn't playing poorly and played 29 minutes in our game 1 win. You made that plenty clear.

Beasley was god awful in game 1, which lead to his quick hook in games 2 and 3. He was out of position or getting beat defensively on most possessions.

However, I apologize for needling you. I forget how upset you get. I'll stop. I'm in a good mood, it was fun to watch our best players play last game. Get Giannis back, and we now have a chance to save the season. It would be awesome to see Giannis actually play with Green or AJJ, instead of the low IQ lazy guy.

Oh we got no doubt you're in a great mood. Our stars are passing around walking boots, we're down in the series with a chance at back to back first round exits but no matter what happens next when you're old and grey you'll be able to look back at this season fondly convincing yourself of a "win". Truly must be a nice place to be.

I think Giannis is going to play tonight.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,348

Post#391 » by rilamann » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:16 pm

Mtsportsfan wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
rilamann wrote:You greatly increase your odds of being "Cursed" when you rely on a bunch of old guys.

You almost forget what I feels like to have a team full of guys under 30 who aren't constantly aggravating an injury.

Giannis is under 30. By far our most important player. He was injured and missed playoff games in '21, '23 and '24. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Your just nit picking , pretty sure most people understand what he was saying! The team is old by NBA standards.

They know exactly what I was saying.

But they can't respond to a Rilamann post or opnion without nitpicking and busting out the strawman, and of course no response to a Rilamann post is complete without a barrage of snarky comments.

I actually find hilarious. I also find it hilarious how some of the same people who will say the Bucks look old & slow, for some reason get butt hurt when I say it.

Hell, I even had Frank Madden quote of my posts (From here) on his Twitter where I was basically saying that Middleton looks old and is easily injured (because it's true). Of course he quoted it for a Look at the idiots on Realgm type of thing.

Yet the few times I listen to Locked-on, he's constantly harping on how old the Bucks are.

Apparently the Bucks are old and slow, but not because of the players on the roster who are old and slow.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,348

Post#392 » by rilamann » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:51 pm

Mtsportsfan wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:Can we just make a rilamann thread already? The guy posts in his own echo chamber. Let him have at it. It’s honestly getting old reading his drivel post after post (when we lose).

Then don't read it , blow by it like I do some others!

If you go back and look, Baddychuck & sobo got butt hurt because I basically made a post saying....

Basketball is a young man's game.

And.

I am not a fan (My personal opinion) of relying on older players.

That was it, no personal attacks, no snarky comments. The post was not directed at anyone personally. An old cliche that is fact (Unless you think basketball is a 35 year old man's game) and my own personal opinion.

Apparently, these dudes take facts and opinions that they don't like as Personal attacks.

Instead of strawmans and snarky comments. If you disagree and think you can contend and can have a healthy team in April & May relying on a bunch of guys into their 30's, tell me why I am wrong.

And yes, I get it. Giannis is injury prone and under 30. I am fully aware of that. But Giannis is a generational talent, I think I am cool with rolling the dice with him and hoping that maybe next season he's not injured in April.

Now I am probably going to get hit with a bunch of snarky comments from the usual suspects who just told me that Giannis is injured prone....because I just said that Giannis is injury prone....lol.

I also like how these people forgot that the Bucks advanced to the NBA Finals while Giannis was street clothes 3 years ago.

Because he wasn't surround by a bunch of old slow teammates.

Hence my whole point I was making.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Milwaukee Bucks