Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 1,001

Re: Round 1 Game 4: Bucks at Pacers - 4/28/24 - 6:00 - TNT/BSWI 

Post#61 » by Bucksmaniac » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:43 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksmaniac wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:For shame somebody be optimistic about their basketball team in a sea of defeatism :lol:

Literally scolding a guy for being hopeful

Well our team has to rely on a player ShootingtheJ thinks is a complete bum now, so it doesn’t make sense to have optimism.

Who is the player we now need to rely on? I'm thinking to pull off the upset, we need big games from Khris, Bobby, AJJ, and Green. None of them are turds.

We need to rely on Brook on offense now, which means he needs to be out there for much of the game. He’s our third best offensive player of the crew we have healthy.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,173

Post#62 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:47 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:Giannis and Dame should both be in for the first play just to **** with Pacer's player's heads, then take them both out and they can put their boots on and sit on the bench.

Dame played through his achilles injury, that should light a fire under the team's a**. Whoever isn't at least putting it on the line tonight can kicks rocks.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,780

Post#63 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:47 pm

Bucksmaniac wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:Go for the win, but if we're down big at the half, sit every one ands get ready to win 3 straight.

You are living in a complete fantasy world, you were so confident he’d be back a game of two ago. You were also confident in Griffin, who is the reason we’re in this injury situation, he had to ride these players to the most minutes they’ve played early in the season to squeak out wins in an easy early schedule because he was in over his head. Not that Doc is much better.

Fantasy world? Giannis and Khris have won 3 games in a row together hundreds of times in their career. In living in reality. Heck, they've won 4 in a row in the playoffs multiple times before.
Bucksmaniac
Analyst

Post#64 » by Bucksmaniac » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:49 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksmaniac wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:Go for the win, but if we're down big at the half, sit every one ands get ready to win 3 straight.

You are living in a complete fantasy world, you were so confident he’d be back a game of two ago. You were also confident in Griffin, who is the reason we’re in this injury situation, he had to ride these players to the most minutes they’ve played early in the season to squeak out wins in an easy early schedule because he was in over his head. Not that Doc is much better.

Fantasy world? Giannis and Khris have won 3 games in a row together hundreds of times in their career. In living in reality. Heck, they've won 4 in a row in the playoffs multiple times before.

I don’t think Giannis will be ready for Game 5 either. If he is, he’ll probably be playing at 50-70%.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Post#65 » by Dick Tate » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:51 pm

I’ve read a number of Pacers fans talking about their team’s tendency to play down to the competition, so maybe they blow this one.
Bucksmaniac
Analyst

Post#66 » by Bucksmaniac » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Another reason I’m pessimistic about tonight is the shooting pattern. With the poor shooting they had Game 3, mostly with open looks again, smart bet is they’ll have a good night from 3 point range.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#67 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:55 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:Giannis and Dame should both be in for the first play just to **** with Pacer's player's heads, then take them both out and they can put their boots on and sit on the bench.

Dame played through his achilles injury, that should light a fire under the team's a**. Whoever isn't at least putting it on the line tonight can kicks rocks.
With Dame & Giannis out for the foreseeable future I'm not emotionally invested in the outcome of tonight's game. I just can't anymore. Get AJJ & AJG some playoff experience, and let the others increase their trade value. And keep PatBev, AJJ, and Green around next year.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Post#68 » by FrieAaron » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:01 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:
soxperry wrote:I shouldn't do this to myself but there is a universe where Indy throws up a stinker tonight and Giannis comes back for game 5. Khris and Giannis can win this series from there.

Maybe Dame comes back for round 2 or 3
Indy would have to throw up a nuclear stinker. I'm not sure in a world of infinite universes that's possible. I'm just hoping we get Giannis back soon. I have a feeling Dame is going to be out for a while.

We need to have a game 2 of BOS/MIA replica. It's not likely, but not impossible for any team to win a single game.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#69 » by Bernman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:09 pm

Bev-Green-Patty-Midds-Brook. You're switchable on everything on the outside/except for Brook. Off the bench bring Bobby & Ajax. Then you can be even more switchable. Both lineups have ancillary guys to get on the boards.

The offense is going to be a question regardless. Bobby has to bring it today. More likely he does that off the bench. W/ the starters, you have a few shooters, on paper. Would be the ideal time for 20 from Playoff Pat too. He's done it a couple instances.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,356

Post#70 » by rilamann » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:15 pm

Going into Indiana and beating the Pacers without Giannis & Dame to tie the series 2-2.

Then losing game 5 at home with Giannis & Dame would be the most on-brand thing ever for this 2023'24 Milwaukee Bucks team....lol.

I don't think Giannis & Dame are coming back and I don't think they should and I am half joking, but that's something I could see happening with this current version of the Bucks whose key words to describe their season are underachievement and Disappointment.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,313

Post#71 » by RiotPunch » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:23 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksmaniac wrote:

They won 4 straight to win the damn Finals, FFS.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#72 » by soxperry » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
soxperry wrote:I shouldn't do this to myself but there is a universe where Indy throws up a stinker tonight and Giannis comes back for game 5. Khris and Giannis can win this series from there.

Lol would be one of the greatest stories of triumph in sports history.

Yes, it will be
Bucksmaniac
Analyst

Post#73 » by Bucksmaniac » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:57 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksmaniac wrote:

They won 4 straight to win the damn Finals, FFS.

That was with healthy, younger versions of themselves, considering by then Giannis looked to be recovered from his injury scare. Hard to compare the two.
Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 707

Post#74 » by Rstuedes24 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:18 pm

Let’s be different and play Marjon tonight too. Get some energy out there and get a little crazy and see what happens
Neuromancer56
Rookie

Post#75 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:29 pm

Rstuedes24 wrote:Let’s be different and play Marjon tonight too. Get some energy out there and get a little crazy and see what happens
They might have to. I'm not sure we have enough bodies.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,055

Post#76 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 pm

I would like to see Robin sitting behind the Pacers bench reading a book.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
vgroc
Sophomore
And1: 134

Post#77 » by vgroc » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 pm

soxperry wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:

Yes, it will be

Could be better. Imagine we lose tonight and we go to an elimination game 5. Giannis is announced out 6 hours before the game. Right before tip off, lights go out and sirtaki music starts playing, one of the spotlights comes back on and it points to an angry-mugged Giannis walking towards the court. Giannis politely asks Bobby to take a seat and proceeds to dunk on Turner on the game's first possession. Bucks win 3 in a row with all of Giannis' FGs being dunks. Giannis takes all 3 game balls home.
As I was writing this though I remembered that this is the NBA and not WWE :lol:
Neuromancer56
Rookie

Post#78 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:35 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I would like to see Robin sitting behind the Pacers bench reading a book.
He's got a comic book inside the book cover, you just know it.
Neuromancer56
Rookie

Post#79 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:37 pm

vgroc wrote:
soxperry wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:

Yes, it will be

Could be better. Imagine we lose tonight and we go to an elimination game 5. Giannis is announced out 6 hours before the game. Right before tip off, lights go out and sirtaki music starts playing, one of the spotlights comes back on and it points to a angry-mugged Giannis walking towards the court. Giannis politely asks Bobby to take a seat and proceeds to dunk on Turner on the game's first possession. Bucks win 3 in a row with all of Giannis' FGs being dunks. Giannis takes all 3 game balls home.
As I was writing this though I remembered that this is the NBA and not WWE :lol:
This is the version of tonight that I'll go with in my memories. But add him throwing a ladder to the floor.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#80 » by Fotis St » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm

Plossum wrote:Is a Giannis and Dameless team even a 25 win reg season unit?

What did we do to upset the basketball gods like this?

Basketball Gods saw Giannis cheating the game by not fixing his FT routine, 10 sec violations and are still upset with him. They made him mortal and injury prone for punishment
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks