ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

landoc88
Ballboy
And1: 17

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#101 » by landoc88 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:24 am

The number one thing the Bucks have to do this offseason figure out how to get younger and faster. If that means the only two untouchables on this roster are Giannis and Dame then so be it. Everyone and everything on this roster has to be moved to do it so be it. If they can find away to keep Khris fine but get younger period.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,683

Post#102 » by JayMKE » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:01 am

How can Dame be untouchable that’s insane, our only building block is Giannis and that’s it. Everyone else is an auxiliary of him. Can’t build around Dame, too old and we’re literally in cap hell can’t sign anybody.

30ppgz should be enough fool’s gold to hook somebody else. Trading Dame is the easiest and best solution, players like him don’t win rings anyways what’s the attachment?

Giannis/Dame fundamentally don’t work, they both want to be the alpha pound the ball FT merchant and Giannis is a far superior player in that regard so Dame is relegated to chucking deep 3s while seemingly not benefitting from everybody else’s gravity. Its Dame who has gotten less efficient and less impactful with better teammates, maybe he doesn’t want to be here or is too old or maybe overrated to begin with. Can’t have a no defense backcourt, nobody in the league can cover up that wart.

Team needs to fully commit itself to defense not collecting a bunch of iso scorers that need to pound the ball.
FREE GIANNIS
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Post#103 » by randy84 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:10 am

Do you really think Giannis is going to let the coach sit him if he is healthy?

Dude wants MVP too much.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,209

Post#104 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:17 am

JayMKE wrote:30ppgz should be enough fool’s gold to hook somebody else. Trading Dame is the easiest and best solution, players like him don’t win rings anyways what’s the attachment?

Jokic got a dude like him as his #2 right now, won it all last year. Inconsistent offensively, makes up for it a lot of the time with clutch scoring and occasional big games, absolute sieve defensively. Hell, could even throw injury risk on top as a cherry.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#105 » by soxperry » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:17 pm

Weve got draft picks and salary to make almost any trade work. No excuses
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#106 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:25 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
JayMKE wrote:30ppgz should be enough fool’s gold to hook somebody else. Trading Dame is the easiest and best solution, players like him don’t win rings anyways what’s the attachment?

Jokic got a dude like him as his #2 right now, won it all last year. Inconsistent offensively, makes up for it a lot of the time with clutch scoring and occasional big games, absolute sieve defensively. Hell, could even throw injury risk on top as a cherry.

Jokic is on a completely different level offensively vs Giannis. He doesn't have any weaknesses, Giannis has 3-4. Gordon MPJ and KCP are also miles ahead of Slopez Middleton & whatever garbage we put at SG.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,209

Post#107 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:27 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Jokic is on a completely different level offensively vs Giannis. He doesn't have any weaknesses, Giannis has 3-4. Gordon MPJ and KCP are also miles ahead of Slopez Middleton & whatever garbage we put at SG.

Cool and their #2 is similar to Dame Lillard, as the question was proposed. Of course we have holes we need to fill around them to cover up weaknesses, just like Denver did adding guys like Gordon and KCP around them. Denver saw what they needed to fill holes around their core and did it.

We've seen this core for 1 season, Denver had Jokic/Murray for a handful before they added Gordon at a deadline and then KCP/Brown moves a few years after that. Now do we have 4-5 years to build around ours? Yeah, not really, so we'll have to move quick but you act a team like Denver just sprouted up with no holes.

You can **** on our guys all you want really but I'd probably argue a Giannis/Dame/Midds trio is about as close to a Jokic/Murray/MPJ as you're gunna find. But yeah, we got work to do around them.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,037

Post#108 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:02 pm

People can bitch about "age" all you want. If you can convince Phoenix to do KD for Khris/Brook, I'm doing that in a heartbeat. If you wanna add a couple young guys that'll probably suck anyways, you already have picks 23 and 33 to do that.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#109 » by Profound23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:07 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:People can bitch about "age" all you want. If you can convince Phoenix to do KD for Khris/Brook, I'm doing that in a heartbeat. If you wanna add a couple young guys that'll probably suck anyways, you already have picks 23 and 33 to do that.

Easily yes...I would also trade them for Kawhi. But I'm assuming trades like that aren't available and if they aren't we need to trade Khris/Lopez for young defensive players that fit in our system.

If there is a way to get KD, Dame, and Giannis you do it and just do whatever is needed to keep them healthy.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,071

Post#110 » by German Athens » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:21 pm

Would Bobby + 23 get you Herb Jones? I’m assuming not, but I’m not sure what the pelicans direction will be this off-season.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#111 » by BigO » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm

I'd like to simplify this. If the Bucks were healthy, they would be competing for a championship. Nothing else matters.

So then the question is how can they stay healthy:

1) Have serious discussions with Giannis about limiting his attack mode during the regular season and working on his down low game. I really disagree with those who say he can't do that. He already does it in an elite manner, but not nearly enough. This should be the number one priority.

2) Limit KM to about 30 minutes a game and the same with Dame, ramping up near the playoffs

I would not blow this up and would not trade KM or Dame unless getting blown away with an offer.

Put Crowder and PC near the end of the bench, cut them or trade them.

Play AJJ and AJ 20 minutes a game or more until they prove they can't hack it. Even give Marjon a try.

That's it. No need to continue the trade thread. You have your road map above AND it's exactly what Horst will do if he is still around, which I think he should be.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,781

Post#112 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:43 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

No weaknesses, other than he doesn't score as much, and doesn't make shots at the same rate.

Then go to the other end, where Giannis is a defensive beast, and Jokic sucks.

The Bucks played them head to head, Giannis and Bobby went one on one constantly, scored at will, and won easily.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,256

Post#113 » by Sigra » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:45 pm

I would trade everybody except Giannis. For young 3 and D guys at PG, SG, SF, C

The Bucks will keep big 4 and adjust SG and bench.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,916

Post#114 » by fansinceforever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:04 pm

We don't get to keep Dame, Middleton and Brook and add competent "younger" talent. If you want to add good players, and especially good players that are young, you're going to need to be alright with moving core pieces of this team.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,916

Post#115 » by fansinceforever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:06 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:People can bitch about "age" all you want. If you can convince Phoenix to do KD for Khris/Brook, I'm doing that in a heartbeat. If you wanna add a couple young guys that'll probably suck anyways, you already have picks 23 and 33 to do that.

I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,056

Post#116 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:14 pm

But league sources tell me there’s a real possibility that Horst will take the gig in Detroit.

Now, why would Horst leave the Bucks for the league’s worst team? He is a Michigan native who got his start working in the NBA as a front office assistant with the Pistons. In his 16 years with the Bucks, he’s risen up the ranks, but his power has dwindled in recent years. Giannis Antetokounmpo was more or less able to choose Adrian Griffin to be the Bucks head coach last summer, even though Horst wanted Nick Nurse. Then ownership chose Doc Rivers, though Horst wanted Warriors assistant Kenny Atkinson.

Has this been confirmed by any other sources? That sucks if true. Haslem curse bleeding into Eden's thinking? lol

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,935

Post#117 » by emunney » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:19 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
But league sources tell me there’s a real possibility that Horst will take the gig in Detroit.

Now, why would Horst leave the Bucks for the league’s worst team? He is a Michigan native who got his start working in the NBA as a front office assistant with the Pistons. In his 16 years with the Bucks, he’s risen up the ranks, but his power has dwindled in recent years. Giannis Antetokounmpo was more or less able to choose Adrian Griffin to be the Bucks head coach last summer, even though Horst wanted Nick Nurse. Then ownership chose Doc Rivers, though Horst wanted Warriors assistant Kenny Atkinson.

Has this been confirmed by any other sources?

Read on Twitter

If KOC follows journalistic standards, he had multiple independent sources on that info. Shouldn't need another outlet. But with guys who came up on blogs, hard to know.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,935

Post#118 » by emunney » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 pm

If that came straight from Horst or someone around him, which seems likely, good luck in Detroit, man.

I suspect the injuries would have bought him another year here if he wanted it, but if 2+2 is still 4, he doesn't want it.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,633

Post#119 » by raferfenix » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 pm

Giannis' health becoming so unreliable makes the Dame combo that much more important.

That's both to have another #1 option when Giannis is out as well as someone that can run the offense in a way to lessen the damage Giannis does on his body especially in the doldrums of the regular season.

At least theoretically. If one of them isn't committed to it that's different.

Otherwise trading Dame for some solid but not spectacular young guys doesn't get us far if we just need to plan how to survive Giannis missing at least a few games on a deep playoff run.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,037

Post#120 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 pm

100% believe that Horst preferred Atkinson. What a mess.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks