Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,323

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#581 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 5, 2024 1:52 am

Here’s my Mids for Giddy pitch.

Guy is 21 years old. 6-8”. He’s looking like a young Kukoc and fits perfectly next to SGA (cough, Dame).

His three ball is coming around and he shot 53% from two this year. His TS was .547% up from .478% his rookie year. His shooting trajectory keeps getting better.

Career high in points: 31
Career high in rebounds: 18
Career high in assists: 17
11 triple doubles to his name so far

And as you guys all laugh, the reality is that Presti probably doesn’t do the deal, based on Midds age and injuries. The only way it gets done is if OKC can’t afford to pay the tax in future years.

In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Post#582 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 5, 2024 1:52 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Convincing myself more and more that Wendell Carter Jr. is the guy to put next to Giannis. Find a way to get him and a starting caliber 3&D guy.

I like the player too, but I don't think we can risk the durability issues with the team we already have.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,214

Post#583 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 2:00 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Here’s my Mids for Giddy pitch.

Guy is 21 years old. 6-8”. He’s looking like a young Kukoc and fits perfectly next to SGA (cough, Dame).

His three ball is coming around and he shot 53% from two this year. His TS was .547% up from .478% his rookie year. His shooting trajectory keeps getting better.

Career high in points: 31
Career high in rebounds: 18
Career high in assists: 17
11 triple doubles to his name so far

And as you guys all laugh, the reality is that Presti probably doesn’t do the deal, based on Midds age and injuries. The only way it gets done is if OKC can’t afford to pay the tax in future years.

Paul Pressey the 25th of Milwuakee's plan to not "Glenn Robinson" the Bucks, trade Dame and Midds for Josh Giddey and Tyler Herro.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,077

Post#584 » by German Athens » Sun May 5, 2024 2:10 am

Could Brook pull Steven Adams and Eason?
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Post#585 » by randy84 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:14 am

German Athens wrote:I’d really love to get in an over-drafted big who isn’t developing as hoped, but still has that athleticism and motor needed to be a rim-runner.

this would be in the hopes to form a second unit around what Dre brings - namely, energy. Dre is also the type of player who would love to make hit ahead passes, and in turn, dudes would run for him. Those are the types of plays that can switch momentum quickly, and do some lifting particularly in the regular season.

We had a great bench full of energy when we had the frenetic combo of hill and Donte. I think Dre clearly brings that sort of energy, and I’d like to pair him with another, I guess at any position, but a rim running big would be fun.

I question how much energy Dre is going to be able to sustain over an 82 game season getting big minutes.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,329

Post#586 » by RiotPunch » Sun May 5, 2024 2:17 am

German Athens wrote:Could Brook pull Steven Adams and Eason?

I don't think so, but that would be sweet. Maybe you could add our 1st to grease the wheels a bit, or redirect a Bobby return their way. Still doesn't solve our SG problem.

On the flip side, how catastrophic would this be:

MKE: Brooks, Adams, #9 (Cody Williams)
HOU: Lopez, Connaughton, Beauchamp, #23
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#587 » by Karsenmitsche » Sun May 5, 2024 2:25 am

RiotPunch wrote:
jschligs wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Yes, but it was still poor asset management, IMO. Keep him into the summer and let him test the market with rights to match.

Don't disagree, but also have to factor in Brook had missed 50 games at the time and his status was questionable for playoffs. We needed a big, and Ibaka was admittedly a terrible choice.

Sure, but if that's the best offer on the table for a band aid, just sign somebody to soak minutes. Ibaka was already pretty clearly cooked. Oh well. It is still a mark against Horst any way you slice it.

also could have just kept demarcus cousins instead
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#588 » by ejn1214 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:29 am

I know we are spit balling here, but Lowry? I suggest we sign Lowry, Tucker, bring Haslem out of retirement as our backup big, and we just go for the oldest team possible.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#589 » by raferfenix » Sun May 5, 2024 2:43 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Pat and our first for Caruso works.

I mean if Chicago might go for that awesome.

Imagine we’d at least include the Portland second but reports make it seem like it’d have to be a bigger deal.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Post#590 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 5, 2024 2:51 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
German Athens wrote:Can anyone think of a pat trade that would make sense where we aren’t aggregating salaries?

I’m just not sure which teams would be interested in him. Maybe Detroit if Horst moves that way.

Pat and our first for Caruso works.

Chicago has turned down offers of 1 -1st, asked for 2- 1sts, and then told Golden State they wanted Kumminga at the deadline.
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#591 » by German Athens » Sun May 5, 2024 3:05 am

People on the Detroit board mentioned interest in Portis. I haven’t seen an actual proposal yet that makes any sense, but Detroit could be a good destination.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,195

Post#592 » by theFireBlanket » Sun May 5, 2024 3:10 am

German Athens wrote:People on the Detroit board mentioned interest in Portis. I haven’t seen an actual proposal yet that makes any sense, but Detroit could be a good destination.

If Horst did wind up there I could see him pushing for a deal or tampering by telling Bobby a big offer awaits him whenever he turns down his PO in '25.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,151

Post#593 » by Diggr14 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:16 am

I have a feeling Giannis is going to be asking out this summer and we have blown all our picks making him happy.

This isnt lining up well for a rebuild or anything for a long while if that is the case.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,151

Post#594 » by Diggr14 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:18 am

We really need to stop trading 1sts at this point. It's either this year or next year where this team is getting gutted.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,195

Post#595 » by theFireBlanket » Sun May 5, 2024 3:19 am

Diggr14 wrote:I have a feeling Giannis is going to be asking out this summer and we have blown all our picks making him happy.

This isnt lining up well for a rebuild or anything for a long while if that is the case.

After being hurt for two consecutive postseasons Giannis requests trade? Would be quite the arc.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#596 » by German Athens » Sun May 5, 2024 3:26 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
German Athens wrote:People on the Detroit board mentioned interest in Portis. I haven’t seen an actual proposal yet that makes any sense, but Detroit could be a good destination.

If Horst did wind up there I could see him pushing for a deal or tampering by telling Bobby a big offer awaits him whenever he turns down his PO in '25.

I’m just want to know what their interest is. If they value him, and see Duren as their 5 of the future, that probably means Stewart is available, right?

Bobby, pat, 33

For

Stewart, grimes
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,087

Post#597 » by MickeyDavis » Sun May 5, 2024 3:26 am

Giannis isn't asking out, come on now.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#598 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:38 am

ejn1214 wrote:I know we are spit balling here, but Lowry? I suggest we sign Lowry, Tucker, bring Haslem out of retirement as our backup big, and we just go for the oldest team possible.

From the way it sounds, if we don't trade our big 3, our only options are vet-minimum guys, and he's probably going to be the best vet-minimum guy out there next year.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,329

Post#599 » by RiotPunch » Sun May 5, 2024 3:44 am

German Athens wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

I’m just want to know what their interest is. If they value him, and see Duren as their 5 of the future, that probably means Stewart is available, right?

Bobby, pat, 33

For

Stewart, grimes

Was literally building this exact trade tied into the Houston idea.

MKE: Stewart, Adams, Landale, Eason, Grimes
DET: Portis, Connaughton, #33
HOU: Lopez, #23 (or MKE '31 protected 1st)

Maybe throw in MJB to Detroit to save a little money. Not sure if it's close, Houston would be dumb to trade Eason.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#600 » by German Athens » Sun May 5, 2024 3:58 am

RiotPunch wrote:
German Athens wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

Bobby, pat, 33

For

Stewart, grimes

Was literally building this exact trade tied into the Houston idea.

MKE: Stewart, Adams, Landale, Eason, Grimes
DET: Portis, Connaughton, #33
HOU: Lopez, #23 (or MKE '31 protected 1st)

Maybe throw in MJB to Detroit to save a little money. Not sure if it's close, Houston would be dumb to trade Eason.

Much of my thought process this off-season is leaning into more Giannis at the 5, and then surrounding him with more defensively versatile front court partners.

Once Stewart is brought in, I’d lose interest in adams and landale. Eason would be a dream though.

Giannis, Eason, Stewart would be a really fun front court rotation. Ideally the remainder of the salary brought back would fortify the perimeter D - I don’t think grimes would be enough.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks