DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,262

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#841 » by DingleJerry » Tue May 7, 2024 3:00 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

He did a great job on all that. Did you not hear that Giannis already committed to working out in Portland with Dame? 2x MVP Giannis. Finals MVP Giannis. Khris needs that kind of chemistry with them too if it's a big 3. And yes, his legs and playing philosophy might need to change a little to be successful as a big 3 with them. Put up or gtfo

Dude, you should probably take a week or two clear your head break. Watch the other playoff games and enjoy life instead of the constant negativity.

2X and Finals MVP Giannis is the one who's injuries have effed us the last two playoffs BTW, not KM. Maybe fewer European vacations, commercials, movies, documentaries, kids, sex jokes online etc for him to get in better shape or nah? I would assume he's not working hard enough and doesn't care enough. He should want as much as sitting at our computers.

It's not negativity. I've plus 1-ed a bunch of your posts and think you have had good ideas. Saying KM should go workout with GA and Dame is an idea too.

You're spending your whole day, making what 100+ posts per day primarily focused on bashing an NBA player who essentially was the only player on the team who can say they had a good series this playoffs. Its just odd and does not seem healthy. Maybe AJax too. You hate Khris, he proved you completely wrong in the playoffs and rather than change your thinking or factor that in you just keep obsessively doubling down on it in spite of him being the only person who did their job this playoffs. And keep in mind, was really the only one last year too.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,748

Post#842 » by msiris » Tue May 7, 2024 3:16 pm

German Athens wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:I just don’t trust Caruso to stay healthy.

This is my biggest worry with him.
We already have three guys, Mids, Giannis and Dame to worry about.
Ride the tank
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,748

Post#843 » by msiris » Tue May 7, 2024 3:20 pm

I would trade Mids, but the package wouldreally have to blow me away.
Ride the tank
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#844 » by DingleJerry » Tue May 7, 2024 3:26 pm

I'm also worried our savior move will be Caruso. Sure in theory he does check the boxes so not like I'd be angry about it and hope for the best. But its more aging and injury issues added to the team. Still doesn't add youth athleticism, and has a pending contract extension that will be tough to swallow at his age. I'd rather try for two or three more off the radar younger guys hoping to catch the 'next caruso' as well potentially getting more depth that way.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,943

Post#845 » by emunney » Tue May 7, 2024 3:57 pm

The principal team need as I see it is a much deeper well of quality players to put on the court around our big 3. Yeah, those guys need to be healthy, particularly Giannis, but the fact is, we'd be a much more formidable team if we were better able to hold serve when those guys aren't all out there. I think that means rolling the dice on splitting up some of the guys that do have value into projectable pieces that can really create the kind of versatile depth we need to both give different looks around the big 3 but also allow us to tread water without them.

Caruso would be a good addition, but swapping one of the current guys for Caruso could only be a fraction of the full plan.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#846 » by emunney » Tue May 7, 2024 3:59 pm

Looking at the roster, we've got a number of guys who probably have more value to us than they have for other teams. Bobby is one guy where it feels like the inverse is true.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,989

Post#847 » by Prez » Tue May 7, 2024 4:06 pm

Put me in the camp that thinks Caruso is **** awesome and would be an amazing fit here. Unfortunately he’s another guy that can’t be consistently relied upon to stay healthy.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,922

Post#848 » by fansinceforever » Tue May 7, 2024 4:11 pm

If Khris is healthy (big ask) then I could absolutely see a team who feels like they need additional scoring to make the leap be generous. The Bucks have Giannis and Dame.

I could see a team like the Rockets or the Magic wanting Middleton and valuing him quite a bit.

I just don't see us getting the return we need for a bench scorer and not much else like Bobby.
fansinceforever
Analyst

Post#849 » by fansinceforever » Tue May 7, 2024 4:27 pm

Something like...

Bucks get: Eason, Whitmore, Brooks
Rockets get: Middleton, Beauchamp, draft pick

Someone else can figure out the Orl trade but I don't think we need to be resigned to Bobby as our best realistic trade asset. That probably means this team isn't changing much at all if that's true.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,758

Post#850 » by chonestown » Tue May 7, 2024 4:28 pm

emunney wrote:The principal team need as I see it is a much deeper well of quality players to put on the court around our big 3. Yeah, those guys need to be healthy, particularly Giannis, but the fact is, we'd be a much more formidable team if we were better able to hold serve when those guys aren't all out there. I think that means rolling the dice on splitting up some of the guys that do have value into projectable pieces that can really create the kind of versatile depth we need to both give different looks around the big 3 but also allow us to tread water without them.

Caruso would be a good addition, but swapping one of the current guys for Caruso could only be a fraction of the full plan.

Very literally it comes down to more Guys.

No need to overcomplicate it.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#851 » by DingleJerry » Tue May 7, 2024 4:39 pm

Thybulle still seems to make a lot of sense. Young athletic with all the defensive tools needed. Not great shooter, but competent enough and should increase with our spacing around Dame/Giannis. I don't hate Pat C but he's falling off, and contract lines up closely. Overpaid contract, coming off a bad year so cost to acquire should be a fraction of Caruso. While also due to youth still having at least some upside or possibility to be here awhile if he does well.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,077

Post#852 » by German Athens » Tue May 7, 2024 4:54 pm

Mke: Cam johnson, Caruso, WCJ, Davion Mitchell

Orl: Brook

Sac: Bobby

Chi: pat, #13, #33

Brk: Marjon, #23, ‘31 first

I’m not sure where it’s off. Maybe Brooklyn doesn’t have interest in cap savings and two firsts, although, two firsts does feel like a lot. We could put protections on the ‘31 first for those who like to think about everything going poorly.

Conceptually, I’d love the Bucks top 6 of Giannis, Dame, Khris, Cam, Caruso, and WCJ. Those three role players are all cerebral players, capable of making a number of passes, and that’s a skill I love in role guys.

Beyond that, you’d have Davion, Dre, AJ Green, and then vet minimum or undrafted guys.

I think those top 9 would give you a ton of ways to mix and match.

Small-ball:
Dame, Caruso, Khris, Cam, Giannis

Big:
Dame, Caruso, Khris, Giannis, WCJ

Quicker:
Davion, Dame, Caruso, Khris, Giannis

Spacing:
Dame, AJ, Khris, Cam, Giannis

And then you could do a number of interesting lineups while one of the big 3 rests

Dame, Caruso, Cam, Giannis, WCJ
Davion, Caruso, Khris, Cam, Giannis
Dame, Caruso, Khris, Cam, WCJ

The team may lack a little shooting, but I do think Cam would probably be the best shooter we’ve ever had around the big 3 who can do other things to still be on the court when it matters.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,430

Post#853 » by ABucksFan » Tue May 7, 2024 5:13 pm

fansinceforever wrote:Something like...

Someone else can figure out the Orl trade but I don't think we need to be resigned to Bobby as our best realistic trade asset. That probably means this team isn't changing much at all if that's true.

I'm for trading Midds, but this is a hard NO for me.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,772

Post#854 » by jimmybones » Tue May 7, 2024 5:38 pm

chonestown wrote:
emunney wrote:The principal team need as I see it is a much deeper well of quality players to put on the court around our big 3. Yeah, those guys need to be healthy, particularly Giannis, but the fact is, we'd be a much more formidable team if we were better able to hold serve when those guys aren't all out there. I think that means rolling the dice on splitting up some of the guys that do have value into projectable pieces that can really create the kind of versatile depth we need to both give different looks around the big 3 but also allow us to tread water without them.

Yo, GM, whoever you are: take our crap no one else wants and turn it into less of crap that we do want

Totally agree on the overall point, I just am not nearly creative enough to figure out how our limited war chest results in more good basketball players. Hopefully our (new?) GM is that creative.

I think AJJ and AJ Green pretty much have to be molded into two of those said pieces and Pat C, Bobby, Marjon and our limited picks need to bring back 2-3 additional usable parts that fit. Maybe add Brook to that list if the value is there, but using him to add more or better fitting dudes likely helps fix one issue while creating another.
fansinceforever
Analyst

Post#855 » by fansinceforever » Tue May 7, 2024 5:41 pm

ABucksFan wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:Something like...

I'm for trading Midds, but this is a hard NO for me.

Fair. Why not?

I'm mostly spit balling here but this is one that I'd more than consider although I'm not sure Houston would consider it.
emunney
RealGM

Post#856 » by emunney » Tue May 7, 2024 5:54 pm

jimmybones wrote:
chonestown wrote:

Yo, GM, whoever you are: take our crap no one else wants and turn it into less of crap that we do want

Totally agree on the overall point, I just am not nearly creative enough to figure out how our limited war chest results in more good basketball players. Hopefully our (new?) GM is that creative.

I think AJJ and AJ Green pretty much have to be molded into two of those said pieces and Pat C, Bobby, Marjon and our limited picks need to bring back 2-3 additional usable parts that fit. Maybe add Brook to that list if the value is there, but using him to add more or better fitting dudes likely helps fix one issue while creating another.

I don't think it's that tall a hill to climb. Pat C can have value in a young locker room. Bobby for a team who needs a starting PF. So, like, Bobby to OKC for a couple spare Williamses and a 2nd or two, Pat with those picks to Memphis for Konchar and Vince Williams, something like that. Bring back Bev, sign Wenyen Gabriel, see who else you can bring in.
fansinceforever
Analyst

Post#857 » by fansinceforever » Tue May 7, 2024 6:21 pm

Man, that's a dark off-season outcome...
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#858 » by pifhluk23 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:28 pm

I think everyone needs to stop including Middleton in any trade ideas, he's not going anywhere. You get next season 37 year old Brook Lopez on an expiring and you have to include him in the talks or he may just retire, Portis, the 3 young boys and whatever picks we have. That's it, good luck.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#859 » by DingleJerry » Tue May 7, 2024 6:33 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:I think everyone needs to stop including Middleton in any trade ideas, he's not going anywhere. You get next season 37 year old Brook Lopez on an expiring and you have to include him in the talks or he may just retire, Portis, the 3 young boys and whatever picks we have. That's it, good luck.

Pretty much agree. My best guess is the move involves Brook. Just adding that Pat C and his contract to be on your list too. His salary matches with role players we might like better for whatever reason, or even for a backup big to replace Brook if he's traded somewhere else
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#860 » by The Wet Whistle » Tue May 7, 2024 6:55 pm

emunney wrote:
I don't think it's that tall a hill to climb. Pat C can have value in a young locker room. Bobby for a team who needs a starting PF. So, like, Bobby to OKC for a couple spare Williamses and a 2nd or two, Pat with those picks to Memphis for Konchar and Vince Williams, something like that. Bring back Bev, sign Wenyen Gabriel, see who else you can bring in.

Perilously close to too many Williams'

Return to Milwaukee Bucks