ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst 

Post#1341 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 14, 2024 4:19 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Rare place where I agree with ShootingtheJ. That's great that you get a guy who's been around more in the regular season. He's also never been as good as Middleton, including last season.

Put Middleton on ice next spring with a phantom injury if you're worried about availability. He's better when it matters.

Middleton is the better player when healthy. It’s the philosophical debate that’s been raging the last few weeks. I’ll take the slight downgrade in talent in exchange for five years younger and health. Would rather build a stronger foundation for the next 3-4 years, because I don’t think we were that close last year, even when healthy.

Far and away the best lineup and basketball, and easily handled every top team in the league. If Giannis doesn't strain his calf, they'd have a cake walk back to the Finals.

Bridges playing 82 games doesn't guarantee he'll be healthy going forward. You know who else regularly played 82 games a year? Khris Middleton.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1342 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 14, 2024 4:22 am

Frank Nova wrote:Here’s a crazy idea that works financially..

Khris, Brook, pick 23 and 2031 1st (or whatever 1st available we can move) to Philly for Joel Embiid.

I’m thinking if you want Khris Middleton trades, they’re likely going to be how we used Jrue for Dame. We’re gonna try and make a huge splash for a star that asks out. That could be Embiid. He’s 30, fragile and can’t win in Philly even with star sidekicks. Dame Giannis Embiid would be the best trio maybe ever…. Just a thought.

Trade Middleton for the ultimate playoff choker? Nah. Philly won't do it because they'll never admit their guy is a fraud.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,340

Post#1343 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 14, 2024 4:24 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Rare place where I agree with ShootingtheJ. That's great that you get a guy who's been around more in the regular season. He's also never been as good as Middleton, including last season.

Put Middleton on ice next spring with a phantom injury if you're worried about availability. He's better when it matters.

Middleton is the better player when healthy. It’s the philosophical debate that’s been raging the last few weeks. I’ll take the slight downgrade in talent in exchange for five years younger and health. Would rather build a stronger foundation for the next 3-4 years, because I don’t think we were that close last year, even when healthy.

So you'd make the team worse (significantly, because Bridges isn't close to Middleton) during the last remaining prime years of Giannis? Yikes.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,405

Post#1344 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:25 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bridges is a vastly overrated defender. Remember when he tried to defend Mids in the Finals? Good times.

You mean Bridges third year in the league, when he had similar stats to what Middleton had his third year?

Games played since. Middleton 154. Bridges 247.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1345 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue May 14, 2024 4:28 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bridges is a vastly overrated defender. Remember when he tried to defend Mids in the Finals? Good times.

You mean Bridges third year in the league, when he had similar stats to what Middleton had his third year?

Games played since. Middleton 154. Bridges 247.

Now do playoff games
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,401

Post#1346 » by RiotPunch » Tue May 14, 2024 4:29 am

Really odd discussion here, considering we do not even have the assets to acquire Bridges.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,405

Post#1347 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:30 am

RiotPunch wrote:Really odd discussion here, considering we do not even have the assets to acquire Bridges.

I’m told Middleton is the more valuable asset.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#1348 » by RiotPunch » Tue May 14, 2024 4:36 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Really odd discussion here, considering we do not even have the assets to acquire Bridges.

Some pretty harsh push back from the Khris faithful. I get both sides. Healthy Khris provides more on-court value, but doesn't have near the trade value that Bridges does. Bridges extends the window, but teams would be lining up to beat our best offer.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#1349 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 4:45 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

I think you got people saying he's the better player, not asset.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#1350 » by RiotPunch » Tue May 14, 2024 7:06 am

Trying to sell myself on Cam Johnson, but dude cannot stay healthy.
#FreeChuckDiesel
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,546

Post#1351 » by drone3 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:57 am

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,413

Post#1352 » by rilamann » Tue May 14, 2024 9:31 am

I would love to see Bridges on the Bucks, because he would be a great fit.

But also because it would be funny as hell if like the half the roster from 2021 Suns would eventually go on to play for the Bucks...lol.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,704

Post#1353 » by LuessiT » Tue May 14, 2024 11:48 am

We could probably get Trey Young (if we reroute Middleton and/or Lillard). We might be able to get KAT in a similar way if the Wolves don’t make it past the Nuggets. We might be able to get Spida Mitchell in some deals.

There will be a couple opportunities to extend this window by finding the right trade. We need to figure out when to jump and on which target.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,823

Post#1354 » by AussieBuck » Tue May 14, 2024 12:01 pm

Trey is the guy the haters think Dame is.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,163

Post#1355 » by Matches Malone » Tue May 14, 2024 12:05 pm

I wish I had some of the enthusiasm you guys have for the offseason. Not that I expect Horst to be unprofessional, but I sometimes worry him not being able to interview for the POBO job in Detroit could make him complacent here. Slap together a roster by bringing everyone back, trade your draft picks for over the hill veterans and hope the Bucks let you leave next season would be worst case scenario.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1356 » by LuessiT » Tue May 14, 2024 12:10 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Trey is the guy the haters think Dame is.

Trey is a better handler, a much better playmaker, has a better inbetween game nowadays, is a significantly worse outside shooter and if you think Dame is a significant defensive sieve, Trey is way worse.

I get the comparisons. They both play the same position and they’re both perimeter oriented offensive superstars with big negatives on defense but I would build significantly different teams for either player.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1357 » by LuessiT » Tue May 14, 2024 12:14 pm

Btw I’m not suggesting any of these guys. These are just options that could be out there imo.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,823

Post#1358 » by AussieBuck » Tue May 14, 2024 12:16 pm

LuessiT wrote:

Trey is a better handler, a much better playmaker, has a better inbetween game nowadays, is a significantly worse outside shooter and if you think Dame is a significant defensive sieve, Trey is way worse.

I get the comparisons. They both play the same position and they’re both perimeter oriented offensive superstars with big negatives on defense but I would build significantly different teams for either player.

Trey being a great lob thrower is interesting and fair. I do get that interest.

I actually think Dame has gone too far towards trying to be Steph and would like him to work the mid range more TBH. I don't see him as a Harden who doesn't have that, he could do with a bit more of the Chris Paul stuff sprinkled in.

I also see a big defensive difference. Dame is a bit like Mids, he can still play D when he really has to but it's likely going to come at a cost to stamina that could be best saved and usually is. Trae though never has tried as far as I could see and can't fall back on any underused physical traits to help him.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1359 » by LuessiT » Tue May 14, 2024 12:27 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Trey being a great lob thrower is interesting and fair. I do get that interest.

I actually think Dame has gone too far towards trying to be Steph and would like him to work the mid range more TBH. I don't see him as a Harden who doesn't have that, he could do with a bit more of the Chris Paul stuff sprinkled in.

I also see a big defensive difference. Dame is a bit like Mids, he can still play D when he really has to but it's likely going to come at a cost to stamina that could be best saved and usually is. Trae though never has tried as far as I could see and can't fall back on any underused physical traits to help him.

I haven’t watched much late Portland Dame but I was surprised how often he got blocked or couldn’t finish at the rim. I assume him not being able (anymore?) to go all the way hurts his midrange game. But that’s just an observation.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#1360 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 12:30 pm

LuessiT wrote:I haven’t watched much late Portland Dame but I was surprised how often he got blocked or couldn’t finish at the rim. I assume him not being able (anymore?) to go all the way hurts his midrange game. But that’s just an observation.

Dame had the highest FG% of his career at the rim last season.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks