ImageImage

Michael Hunt on fire-calls for team to be blown up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bulletrain
Senior
And1: 0

Post#61 » by bulletrain » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:26 pm

Bring in JVG and you will see a brand new team...
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#62 » by bango_the_buck » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:41 pm

europa wrote:I agree that Kohl made a mistake last summer bringing back Harris. What he should have done if he was going to fire Stotts was to fire both the head coach and GM, bring in a new GM and allow that person to have his own head coach and begin plotting the course for the team to take.

And herein lies the problem...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
bulletrain
Senior
And1: 0

Post#63 » by bulletrain » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:51 pm

Bring in JVG and you will see a brand new team...
SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#64 » by SugarRay34 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:01 pm

I would love to see Jeff Van Gundy coaching this team. But we need a GM that doesnt get trigger happy every offseason and brings in a bunch of new players. I wish we could have got Kiki and he could have done what he did with the Nuggets back in 01 when he had all those terrible contracts.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#65 » by Epicurus » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:13 pm

Eastside Bucks Fan, engage in shifting sands arguments much? Your intitial post was a prescription against hiring asisstant coaches as head coaches. I responded to that--arguing that the conditions of the team inherited impact upon the assistant to head coach person. You can not refute that, but then you chose to argue that none of the three the Bucks hired from assitant ranks would be hired by other teams. I can't, nor can anyone else, support or refute that point, unable to see into the future, unlike you.

Now if you are saying that it is more difficult for an assistant who inherited a mediocre/poor team to get another head coaching job after being fired by the mediocre team that stayed mediocre under their reigh, you are probably right. But that has nothing to do with my rebuttal of your initial point. Mostly what makes your second conclusion correct is fans like you who can only use winning percentages and not context to evaluate the coaching talents of someone. Owners like to please all fans, even those who refuse or can't engage their higher level of brain capacity.
CBUCK06
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#66 » by CBUCK06 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:44 am

Bucks_Revenge wrote:I agree 500%

This might be Hunt's finest article in years.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks