ImageImage

Mo has to go as he is the real problem.....

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#21 » by europa » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:25 pm

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Everyone knows this man. It's just that we know no one will take these contracts so it's nearly pointless to talk about.

GAD has brought up a scenario in which the Bucks could unload Gadz and Bell on the Warriors. I think there's still a chance Villanueva could be moved - although it could mean using Mo or Redd as the primary bait. I'm not saying it would be easy, but I don't think it's impossible.
Nothing will not break me.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#22 » by Nowak008 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:36 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

GAD has brought up a scenario in which the Bucks could unload Gadz and Bell on the Warriors. I think there's still a chance Villanueva could be moved - although it could mean using Mo or Redd as the primary bait. I'm not saying it would be easy, but I don't think it's impossible.

Nothing is impossible. While we are looking for the best avenue, a lot of ppl want to deal Redd so that can either get rid of some of the garbage or get young players to build around our core.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#23 » by cam2win » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:01 am

Mo is not the reason Mike dominates the offense and chucks, Mo is not the reason Andrew has less offensive moves than most guys at the Y, Mo is not the reason no plays are called for a passive/young Yi, Mo is not the reason Bell and Simmons can't shoot, Mo is not the reason CV wants to only shoot jumpers.

Basically Mo is not the problem IMO. If it is because of the offense being half court when our play is more suited for up tempo....then that is the coaches fault.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#24 » by Chapter29 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:28 am

LukePliska wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Bobby Simmons, Dan Gadzuric, Desmond Mason and Charlie Bell are our problem...?

I dunno, just a thought that we are spending 26 million per year on those guys seems like it is a lot more of an issue than our guys who actually produce?

Bobby Simmons gets paid to be a Teyshaun Prince or a Gerald Wallace and he plays like he's David Noel.

We pay Gadzuric to be a premier back-up center and he is a third stringer who should never (And rarely does) see the court unless an injury occurs.

Desmond Mason has no basketball skills and is a mediocre back-up at best.

Charlie Bell got a longterm deal to be a solid role player/defender and he has performed like the worst player in the NBA.

Can we stop trying to blame Mo, Redd or Bogut? Those three guys are clearly not the problem with this team.

Nope you are not the only one.

Our biggest issue is that these players, our predesignated role players, just flat out stink. Bell and Simmons are playing well below their capabilities, Mason just is just a spark off the bench type player and Gadz is simply a terrible basketball player. Far too much money (26M) sunk into basically negative production.

We would be a much better team if these players performed. Probably around .500. Where I would have expected us to be.

Our 2nd biggest issue is our chemistry. Part personalities it appears and part the fact that our teams talent base is not well balanced. 2 Examples.

Redd and Mo. Nearly everyone on this board agrees that these 2 do not compliment each other well. They cannot start along side each other, I think that has become quite clear and something that I have long argued against.

Yi-CV-Bogut frontcourt. Less of an issue than feared as Bogut is a pretty decent interior defender, but still a concern imo. Yi and CV are far too similar and I am not a big fan of the "spread the offense" PF to begin with, let alone have 2 of them. Yi-TT-Bogut would look much better.

Much of this we expected, so again if our designated role players would help us out at all, we would be where many expected.

Our 3rd biggest issue is that this team was a potential team. A young team with 3 hopeful all-stars. Our 2 returning potential players have fell short of expectations. Bogut only marginally, but CV is no where near as good as many hoped. This is minimized by the fact that we look to have hit a home run with Yi. So of the 3 potential players I think we may do ok in the end. Yi has a realistic shot at being a very good player. Bogut is a good player and Charlie is a good player for 25 games and below average on the rest.
Giannis
is
UponUs
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#25 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:33 am

LukePliska wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Bobby Simmons, Dan Gadzuric, Desmond Mason and Charlie Bell are our problem...?
I dunno, just a thought that we are spending 26 million per year on those guys seems like it is a lot more of an issue than our guys who actually produce?

Bobby Simmons gets paid to be a Teyshaun Prince or a Gerald Wallace and he plays like he's David Noel.

We pay Gadzuric to be a premier back-up center and he is a third stringer who should never (And rarely does) see the court unless an injury occurs.

Desmond Mason has no basketball skills and is a mediocre back-up at best.

Charlie Bell got a longterm deal to be a solid role player/defender and he has performed like the worst player in the NBA.

Can we stop trying to blame Mo, Redd or Bogut? Those three guys are clearly not the problem with this team.
NO.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#26 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:39 am

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that people keep coming up with ideas that are allegedly going to rid this team of its "problems" and yet the real problems (that $26M devoted for extremely poor production) almost always remains. So while Redd, Mo and Bogut aren't perfect by any means I think they get too much of the blame when things go bad because they aren't able to compensate for the fact the vast majority of their teammates are either terrible or playing poorly or both.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#27 » by jerrod » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:03 am

that's the truth but i don't know what we can do about it, we can't trade any of them unless we include one of the people that isn't a problem.

so then we're dumping talent, to get rid of negative talent
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#28 » by Chapter29 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:25 am

Bell played very well and Simmons was reasonably productive.

If we see that then we will see a much more competitive team.
Giannis
is
UponUs

Return to Milwaukee Bucks