ImageImage

We dont even care anymore and harris hasnt helped

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bigballajohn
Senior
And1: 21

We dont even care anymore and harris hasnt helped 

Post#1 » by bigballajohn » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:42 pm

Im sorry but the bucks have looked horrible this yr. if they get down by 5 pts they play like theyve already lost. the only thing that makes me think that harris did anything right is that ford might retire and we got rid of him in time. i didnt like when we picked him in the 2003 draft and im glad harris actually made a move that might help the team in the long run. it prolly wont since charlie v wont resign with the bucks once his rookie contract is up
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Re: We dont even care anymore and harris hasnt helped 

Post#2 » by xTitan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:48 pm

bigballajohn wrote:Im sorry but the bucks have looked horrible this yr. if they get down by 5 pts they play like theyve already lost. the only thing that makes me think that harris did anything right is that ford might retire and we got rid of him in time. i didnt like when we picked him in the 2003 draft and im glad harris actually made a move that might help the team in the long run. it prolly wont since charlie v wont resign with the bucks once his rookie contract is up

Charlie V. will be gone long before his rookie deal is done.
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#3 » by Captain Erv » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:48 pm

bigballajohn wrote:Im sorry but the bucks have looked horrible this yr. if they get down by 5 pts they play like theyve already lost. the only thing that makes me think that harris did anything right is that ford might retire and we got rid of him in time. i didnt like when we picked him in the 2003 draft and im glad harris actually made a move that might help the team in the long run. it prolly wont since charlie v wont resign with the bucks once his rookie contract is up

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#4 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:02 pm

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

After getting Yi to sign with the Bucks, I have been patiently waiting for him to be traded. At first I thought it was going to take a while for Yi to take over the starting spot which would prolong CV's stay with the team.. but that wasn't the case.

Most don't believe he has much value, so we'll see if he is moved before the trade deadline or during the summer I suppose.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,753

Post#5 » by msiris » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:16 pm

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Do you know something we dont? :D Care to share? :D
Ride the tank
MajorDad
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by MajorDad » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:21 pm

i think you are on to something CBQ. I had thought the only real reason the Buks drafted Yi was for the purpose of trading him.

But in rereading your post, I think your him refers to Charlie and not Yi. although it could be interpreted both ways.

I think it's safe to say one of the two players ( yi, Charlie) will be traded. I'm no longer certain if it will be a t the trade deadline or after the season. With all the talk about blowing up the team, I anm starting to believe that no trades will be made at the trade deadline, and the Bucks will play out the season with the players we have, and then some massive changes will occur. A new Gm will hate it if harris trades away his pieces before he takes over. harris is probably thinking wh y should i trade anybody, because I'l l be gone at the end of the year anyway. The bigges t problem i see with the Bucks is that they do not look top three lottery bound. They will be able to draft a good player, but not a superstar or immediate impact type of player. So they'l l have a hoice of a mediocre rookie wit h a medium ceiling, or a project who will take 3-4 years to develop. and next year will be much like this year. Unless the Bucks snare a top 3 lottery pick, i see them in the lottery once again next year and the year after that picking in the 9-12 range and being mediocre forever. .
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#7 » by unklchuk » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:26 pm

"charlie v wont resign with the bucks once his rookie contract is up"

"Charlie V. will be gone long before his rookie deal is done."

Coach K and Charlie V have recently gotten on the same page. But I don't know if that page makes CV an important part of the team rotation - or if that page takes him to a new team. Whichever it is, CV seems clearly on board with it.

Earlier this season, he'd get instructions in huddles and respond with those little "if you say so" types of nods. Then walk back on the court with a face like a death mask.

Lately Coach K says something with less "firmness" than before, and CV nods emphatically, and then nods emphatically again for good measure.

And CV is suddenly one of the most enthusiastic guys on the bench. Emoting over good plays, including good plays by his competition Yi.

And Coach K is making public comments about how important CV is to the Bucks, how talented he is and how he's responding to coaching, and how he's working at and gradually improving his defense.

Sounds very much like there's a plan in place. Maybe to set up a trade. Maybe to rehabilitate and re-integrate a player.

(I still think CV will improve and become the kind of player - in the right situation - who helps his team win at crunch time. I don't dream of his achieving all his potential but I think he'll get a handle on enough of it to be good. To be strong enough offensively to more than balance his defensive weaknesses.)
AFAIK, IDKM
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#8 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:01 pm

msiris wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Do you know something we dont? :D Care to share? :D

He knows what everyone else knows. They have been looking to move Charlie V. The problem is, he blows and has no stock.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 172

Post#9 » by fam3381 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:12 pm

MajorDad wrote:But in rereading your post, I think your him refers to Charlie and not Yi. although it could be interpreted both ways.

I think it's safe to say one of the two players ( yi, Charlie) will be traded.

You honestly think the Bucks might trade Yi and keep CV?

Yi has slightly bigger upside, better defense, more years on a rookie deal, he's the team's most globally marketable player and the city's #1 gatekeeper to increasing local economic ties to China. CV has tons of talent, but given he hasn't shown much improvement in three years, it would seem like suicide for the Bucks to keep CV and trade Yi for anything less than an Oden/Durant type player. I'm not expecting a guy like that to be made available, but I think we're going to be similar to Houston in the sense that Yi's big picture value makes him fairly untradable in the next year or two.

I think CV could last past the summer if he better adapts to his role or if he shows he can play more at SF, which I'm not sold on to be honest. Right now it's hard for him to be a bench player when he's heard for years he had all-star talent. But he is seeming to take it in stride for now. If he gets over that then it will maximize his effectiveness, but I also don't think his style of play best complements what the Bucks need from our big rotation in the long term.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#10 » by MajorDad » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:32 pm

I think every player in the NBA has a price and could be traded. I don't believe the bucks really had a plan when the y drafted YI of how to best utilize his actual talents. they just picked him because he was the best player available and they knew what his international marketing ability wold bring. At the end of the year, the bucks should know how much income they can expect from Yi's international success.

I'm not sure how muc h the Bucks actually receive from all of the international telecasts of bucks games. i also don't know how much the bucks receive from the sales of Yi jerseys and caps. I know the NBA certainly will receive a bunch.

I know if the Bucks could trade YI, but somehow keep the international revenue he generates, they probably would trade him. However, the Bucks are not going to just give him away. We all know what Philly offered the Bucks on draft night for our pick so they could draft Yi. I'd sure like t o know what harris' comeback to Philly was. Did he say No way? or did he inform Philly this is what it will take to get YI and Philly decided not to meet his asking price? I'm also curious as to what other offers harris had on the table for that pick and what his proposals to other teams were. I have to believe he had a few. I also have to believe his asking price was higher than other teams wanted to pay. Would harris trade Yi to the TWolves or Sonics for their unprotected lottery pick this year? I think he would.

I'm not saying i would trade YI, but i think other teams have inquired about him, and i would not be shocked to see him traded for a veteran player or a guaranteed top 3 draft pick. I just wouldn't be shocked if Yi was traded.
okanoho
Senior
And1: 1

Post#11 » by okanoho » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:13 am

MajorDad wrote:I think every player in the NBA has a price and could be traded. I don't believe the bucks really had a plan when the y drafted YI of how to best utilize his actual talents. they just picked him because he was the best player available and they knew what his international marketing ability wold bring. At the end of the year, the bucks should know how much income they can expect from Yi's international success.

I'm not sure how muc h the Bucks actually receive from all of the international telecasts of bucks games. i also don't know how much the bucks receive from the sales of Yi jerseys and caps. I know the NBA certainly will receive a bunch.

I know if the Bucks could trade YI, but somehow keep the international revenue he generates, they probably would trade him. However, the Bucks are not going to just give him away. We all know what Philly offered the Bucks on draft night for our pick so they could draft Yi. I'd sure like t o know what harris' comeback to Philly was. Did he say No way? or did he inform Philly this is what it will take to get YI and Philly decided not to meet his asking price? I'm also curious as to what other offers harris had on the table for that pick and what his proposals to other teams were. I have to believe he had a few. I also have to believe his asking price was higher than other teams wanted to pay. Would harris trade Yi to the TWolves or Sonics for their unprotected lottery pick this year? I think he would.

I'm not saying i would trade YI, but i think other teams have inquired about him, and i would not be shocked to see him traded for a veteran player or a guaranteed top 3 draft pick. I just wouldn't be shocked if Yi was traded.

i would be shocked
as i have to buy all his jersey and caps again
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#12 » by Buck You » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:16 am

Yi is not getting traded in his rookie season. The city of Milwaukee would beat up Larry Harris and torch him with pitchforks.
BucksRuleAll22
Banned User

Post#13 » by BucksRuleAll22 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:39 am

Accually Ford is a great PG, and if it wasn't for clumsy Mark Madison he probly would be a top PG right now still on the Bucks. Its sad to see Fords career ending the way it is, but it happens. That doesn't make Ford a bad player or pick these things happen.

Ford 100% healthy is 10xs better then CV. CV is not worth much anyway.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#14 » by paul » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:43 am

BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Accually Ford is a great PG, and if it wasn't for clumsy Mark Madison he probly would be a top PG right now still on the Bucks. Its sad to see Fords career ending the way it is, but it happens. That doesn't make Ford a bad player or pick these things happen.

Ford 100% healthy is 10xs better then CV. CV is not worth much anyway.

I agreed with u right up until there.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks