ImageImage

OT: Wii

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Dags
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#41 » by Dags » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:30 pm

BucksRuleAll22 wrote: Theres really no games at all or comming out soon for Wii either.

Your knowledge of basketball is dwarfed only by your knowledge of the Wii. As per usual you're talking out of your arse.

Fandom wrote:
newly released games here cost $80-$100

Geez, what's the reasoning behind the games being so expensive in the land down under?

Don't forget that the price advertised in Australia includes tax whereas most Americans would be used to their system where a price is quoted before tax (I have no idea why they do this in the US, it's quite annoying), so the price difference isn't as large as you might initially perceive.

Also no small part is that the prices are just low in the US because the gaming companies target that market. Prices are also higher in Europe (partially a high tax deal, but prices are higher before taxes too), the market in Europe is large, but not seen as being important. Gaming companies need the American and Japanese markets.

Companies also state that higher prices also result from exchange rate issues, but when favourable exchange rate changes occur the prices never drop.

And part of it is just that in Australia the market is just small, so economies of scale aren't reached and markets aren't as efficient as in bigger countries. Prices don't drop because wholesale prices from the gaming distributors are higher as no big companies can match the buying power of Walmart or BestBuy. This gets pushed to the consumer, with the added bonus of not as much competition at the retail level and therefore no need to force down prices

One would hope that eBay could help to fnd games cheaply, but even that would be limited.
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#42 » by Fort Minor » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:20 pm

bigkurty wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy a damn Wii? I can't believe they are still so hard to find. I am totally convinced this a marketing ploy by Nintendo rather than a keeping up with demand issue. Seriously I have gone hunting for one a few times, tried online, visited 20+ stores and still cant find one and I refuse to pay extra for one on ebay. To any of you Best Buy guys out there, I will give you $20 cash if you hold one aside for me. I'll come in same day and pick it up. Come on, help a realgmer out will ya please.

Like someone else said, your best bet is either Target or Wal-Mart. Don't even bother trying a gaming store like GameStop. My girlfriend works at one of the GameStops and says they get something like 2 consoles in every 3 days or something like that, wereas Target usually gets fairly large shipments in.
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
mbucks22
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#43 » by mbucks22 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:05 pm

I went by my brothers house on New Years Eve and got to play his Wii. First time I've ever been able to play it. It's an extremely fun system and very inventive. Played the heck out of Wii Sports. Also did the fitness thing on the Wii Sports and got a fitness age of 28 (best possible score is 20). I think I could play Wii Sports everyday and it would never get old. Very addictive.

Then my brother wanted to show me one of the games that came with the system: DK Bongo Blast. Wow. A lot of fun but I don't think I've ever started sweating playing a game before that. The entire race you have to move your hands in motion like you're playing a bongo. Did at least 5 or 6 races (3 laps each and they were long laps) and I could hardly move my arms/wrists after playing it. Still tons of fun though.

He got a couple of other games with the system and I played an old favorite from the N64, Mario Party. 8th game in the series and it's still fun.

Wanted to try Zelda Twilight Princess but ran out of time. He told me yesterday that he just got Mario Galaxy and I really want to try it out.

After just one day of playing it I love the heck out of the Wii and would love to get one eventually.
BucksRuleAll22
Banned User

Post#44 » by BucksRuleAll22 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:32 am

Dags your stupid.....

Everybody likes diffrent stuff and if its fun to you thats great and your entitled to your own opinon but if your gonna call me stupid for saying Wii is not that good then the facts speak for itself. Also Wii might be a unique system but the sensor and pointing gets annoying, and besides Wii sports I prefer using a normal controler. Also theres really no games out at all or comming out soon for Wii.

I loved nintendo games like Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart, Zelda games like that. No mario kart for awhile still and I really don't want to use the controls for Wii to play mario kart anyway.

What great games are out for Wii?

Zelda
Metroid
Mario Galaxy

A few Great games on the Xbox 360 and theres a ton more.

BioShock
Orange Box
Halo 3
Gears of War
Call of Duty 4
Mass Effect
Elder Scrolls
Assaisans Creed
Madden
Nba 2k

Few great games comming out soon... Battlefield Bad Company, and new Grand Theft Auto.
BucksRuleAll22
Banned User

Post#45 » by BucksRuleAll22 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:37 am

Also I sold about 8 Wiis before Christmas on Ebay. Just check Walmart in the mourning, there not hard to get.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,139

Post#46 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:39 am

I don't know why people take this kind of thing so personally.

If you like a system buy it and play it. If you don't like a system don't buy it.

Why the need for some to crap on what someone else finds fun. :x
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#47 » by steger_3434 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:48 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I don't know why people take this kind of thing so personally.

If you like a system buy it and play it. If you don't like a system don't buy it.

Why the need for some to crap on what someone else finds fun. :x

Hmm, this is nothing like your strong distaste for cable over sattelite is it MD? :D
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,139

Post#48 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:50 am

Well Cable blows. No one can argue that. So that's different. 8)
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,388

Post#49 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:49 am

If you guys are looking for a Wii and are members of Costco that is one place to check out. In the past they have gotten big shipments in on certain mornings.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks