ImageImage

Woelfel on WSSP - 1/29

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Re: Woelfel on WSSP 

Post#31 » by Chapter29 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:31 am

RJ's poor play is on him. Of course great PG's make their teammates better. We need one of those.

I agree 100% with xTitan and still feel that Sessions is a better PG than Ridnour. I wish Skiles agreed with us. I am not a Ridnour fan.

With that said I have watched RJ miss open jumpers, get a nice move to the bucket only to trick the shot and many things that have nothing to do with the PG.

Though he lacks a great PG, I do believe that he is also simply just playing poorly and for an extend period.
Giannis
is
UponUs
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#32 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:31 am

jerrod wrote:
trwi7 wrote: jerrod had concerns about paying wings so much money right after the deal happened iirc.

yep

i'm really on a roll this year

Technically, that was last year. :D
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Re: Woelfel on WSSP - 1/29 

Post#33 » by Chapter29 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:32 am

I think he meant Bucks year, season.
Giannis
is
UponUs
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,651

Post#34 » by raferfenix » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:34 am

So who are the 3-4 teams? Here are my best guesses right now:

1. Portland: need a vet to take the next step and have a huge need at SF. What SF will they sign any time soon who's better than RJ?

2. Lakers: Toughness is their main problems, while RJ has been one of the most phsycial SF's in the league.

3. Mavs: Have to try something, and clearly the Kidd/RJ combo before worked well.

4. Toronto: They desperately need help on the wing, and I bet they'd love to get him and CV back in a package if the Marion deal falls through.

Other ideas?
DevilDetails
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#35 » by DevilDetails » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:40 am

From the Portland board here... Portland's beat writer today said in an interview that Pritchard is in discussions with an Eastern Conference team for a player the Blazers have been trying to get for awhile, but that the Eastern Conference team has just added a "sweetener" player to the deal. He said that a PG and SF would be coming to the Blazers and that it would potentially turn the Blazers into a contending team, perhaps by next year.

Portland has been after Richard Jefferson for about a year now. Ramon Sessions is a guy the Blazers liked a lot before the draft and could be the "sweetener." The beat writer said that Portland would be sending our LaFrenz's expiring, plus two of its bench rotation players. Speculation is Travis Outlaw and Sergio Rodriguez.

What do you guys think?
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#36 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:43 am

msiris wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Talking about Redd's injury. Talked to people around the league who say it takes a full year to recover from that injury.
No way will he be effective at this time next year. You can count him out for next season for sure as being a big contributor for this team. He will never be the same.
Agreed.

His career here is done. They should try to buy him out. And I don't give a darn what anyone says, they should not have made either deal if they were going to keep Redd.

Hammond was wrong. Desmond Mason was a better fit on this 'team' then Jefferson is now with the players we have. To say he is not is foolish!

No one said Mason was a better individual player... But if your goal was the playoffs you need some chemistry and continuity more then just talent!

Mason and Jefferson had some wars against each other. But IMO Mason was a better 'team player' for the Bucks and a better piece 'for the team' right now and alongside Redd then then RJ is!

And is as good a slasher as Jefferson is! Hammond doesn't know what the hell he is talking about because he was not here last year!

You should have kept Mo and Bobby and Mason and you would have depth and a playoff team more then you have right now...with what you got!

Redd Bogut and Jefferson is garbage...on the court but it might look sensational to some on paper!
Ah the ole paper tiger, and paper champs!

Luke Ridnour is not Jason Kidd, and Redd is not Vince Carter and or Devin Harris people! There is a difference when you've been with a group and made NBA FinaIs runs together and all of a sudden you are sent to....Milwaukee.....to play with Michael Redd and the 'Glass Man' Andrew Bogut!

I might have liked the deal for RJ if you moved Redd with that lottery pick and got a legit PF or star PG for him, like say a KMart or an Okur, or yes Zach Randolph (relax I am just throwing out names don't have a fit!).

And then you could have kept Mo Williams and then perhaps you would have been able to get out of the first round much less make the playoffs!

They goofed. They overestimated their players ability to jell and play for Skiles and to stay healthy. And in so doing we sacrificed the bench and depth as you see now....if as you say they were "trying to make the playoffs," of which they were a borderline 8th or 9th seed to begin with!

You better recognize!
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,275

Post#37 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:44 am

I would do RJ/Sessions for LaFrentz/Rodriguez/Outlaw. Does that deal work under the cap?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#38 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:48 am

LUKE23 wrote:I would do RJ/Sessions for LaFrentz/Rodriguez/Outlaw. Does that deal work under the cap?

No.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

DevilDetails
Sophomore

Post#39 » by DevilDetails » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:49 am

LUKE23 wrote:I would do RJ/Sessions for LaFrentz/Rodriguez/Outlaw. Does that deal work under the cap?

I believe so, yes.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,671

Post#40 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:52 am

DevilDetails wrote:

I believe so, yes.

I don't like that. Rodriguez is too much of a freewheeler for Skiles, IMO. Outlaw is alright, but isn't he up for an extension? I just want Jefferson for LaFrentz/Webster.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#41 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:55 am

It doesn't even work salary wise.

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#42 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:00 am

One good thing I guess is that Kohl has it in his will that the man or group who buys the Bucks or owns them cannot take them out of Milwaukee..

Okay that makes me feel much better and I can be less fatalistic then I have been the last few days and can put down the sharp objects and step away from the windows...(I'm being facetious...)

So atleast that is good... truly Senator Kohl is sincere in his committment to the community and the city which I must say after all this I do admire...and respect.

But I implore him to work towards turning this franchise around! Before his arrival yes the landscape was different and all and it was right around the 'Jordan/Stern Super Star Big Market wins out Shift'
this franchise was one of the best in all of the NBA.

My desire is to get back on the winning track...not just games, but titles! To that end only I will continue to see us (The Milwaukee Bucks) strive to do!

Go Bucks Go!
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,200

Post#43 » by midranger » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:07 am

We are 2.5 games away from the 7th seed and 2.5 games away from the second worst team in the East.

Please reconsider your animal consumption.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,721

Post#44 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:09 am

Would you do RJ/Ridnour for LaFrentz/Rodriguez/Outlaw? That works and wouldn't surprise me at all.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#45 » by bigkurty » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:22 am

Raef, Rudy, and Sergio for RJ and Sessions works. Haha, I wish. I have a feeling the sweetener they offered was Batum or Bayless. Maybe it was Raef and some combo of Sergio, Batum, or Bayless. Any combination of those guys would work.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#46 » by xTitan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 am

DevilDetails wrote:From the Portland board here... Portland's beat writer today said in an interview that Pritchard is in discussions with an Eastern Conference team for a player the Blazers have been trying to get for awhile, but that the Eastern Conference team has just added a "sweetener" player to the deal. He said that a PG and SF would be coming to the Blazers and that it would potentially turn the Blazers into a contending team, perhaps by next year.

Portland has been after Richard Jefferson for about a year now. Ramon Sessions is a guy the Blazers liked a lot before the draft and could be the "sweetener." The beat writer said that Portland would be sending our LaFrenz's expiring, plus two of its bench rotation players. Speculation is Travis Outlaw and Sergio Rodriguez.

What do you guys think?

In your opinion, can Outlaw be a starting 4 in this league or is he basically a 3, perhaps a tweener?
trwi7
RealGM

Post#47 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:28 am

Outlaw's a tweener.

DevilDetails
Sophomore

Post#48 » by DevilDetails » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:37 am

xTitan wrote:
DevilDetails wrote:From the Portland board here... Portland's beat writer today said in an interview that Pritchard is in discussions with an Eastern Conference team for a player the Blazers have been trying to get for awhile, but that the Eastern Conference team has just added a "sweetener" player to the deal. He said that a PG and SF would be coming to the Blazers and that it would potentially turn the Blazers into a contending team, perhaps by next year.

What do you guys think?

In your opinion, can Outlaw be a starting 4 in this league or is he basically a 3, perhaps a tweener?

He now plays mostly 4 for the Blazers. We sometimes even switch Aldridge to the C spot to allow Outlaw to play the 4, although that is happening less now that Oden is emerging. So, he's a tweener/4, but I think he can be a starting 4 on the right team. He gives opponents matchup nightmares at the 4 spot, but there are going to be 4's that he just can't defend.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,200

Post#49 » by midranger » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:38 am

You guys are hoping for WAYYYYYYYY to much for RJ.

Again, Raef is so much more valuable in trade than Bobby Simmons it's not even funny (1 year shorter and 80% paid by insurance). If we could get Raef straight up for RJ I'd be shocked. Forget about any young talent.

Quite honestly, the time to blow it up has passed. You can't blow it up while you have an untradable 17 million dollar contract stuck on your cap for the next two years. Hammond missed a golden opportunity, and now we have to move on. We might as well make a few changes and see what happens. I still like Brand.

Jefferson
Ridnour

for

Brand
Green

Then

Damon Jones
Joe Alexander
1st Rounder

for

John Salmons

Roll with....

Sessions - Lue - Bell
Salmons - Green - Bell
LRMAM - Salmons - Villanueva
Brand - Villanueva
Bogut - Brand - Elson

...just see what happens. We still only add one contract past Redd's and that is Brand's.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,903

Post#50 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:39 am

DevilDetails wrote:

I believe so, yes.

Not quite. 13.9 out, 17.8 in. 25% of 13.9 is 3.475, and 13.9 + 3.475 + .25 is not quite there.

That can only mean one thing - it's either RJ and Ridnour or RJ, Sessions, and Gadzuric. Either way I'll take it. I'll take just about anything if it looks like the Bucks are going to rebuild the right way, although I prefer to keep Sessions (keeping a guy like him is part of rebuilding the right way).
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks