And1: 6,991

Re: PG: Bucks Ground Rockets 

Post#101 » by Badgerlander » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:43 am

Read on Twitter
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,113

Post#102 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:51 pm

skones wrote:
Profound23 wrote:Say what you want about Griff, if Bud was here there is no way AJJ plays that much tonight.

He would have played Payne 30 minutes before letting AJJ play 36.

Here's your reminder that DDV was playing 20 minutes a night from night 1 as a rookie on a team that won 60 games, supplanting a veteran Tony Snell. These Bud fallacies should just stop. We're like three games removed from an AJJ DNP-CD against the Bulls.

Bud didn't play young players, because our young players were ass, but that's consistently glossed over for whatever reason.

nwora got PLENTY of burn too for a player who was ass. marjon last year stunk and started 11 games. aj green averaged more minutes last year under bud than he does this year with griff.

anyway good post. the bud haters love to tell a good story thats for sure
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,113

Post#103 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:06 pm

SRS and net rating have climbed above the last two years which is a positive sign considering we are operating without a traditional head coach. the player coaches seem to want to play more min per game in the regular season which of course plays a role but defense remains the big concerning factor.

my only hope would be that players functioning without leadership may simply cruise more than those with coaches in their ear. once the playoffs start the intensity in the halfcourt sets and the casual who gives a **** mentality about getting back even after makes might improve simply because of the environment.

but regardless definitely some positive signs as it relates to the assembled talent not being cooked offensively. very encouraging to see a team that simply rolls the balls out of the closet and can do whatever the **** they want and still be successful most of the time on offense.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,816

Post#104 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:16 pm

The big story last night was rebounding. Giannis, AJJ, and Bobby combined for 14 offensive rebounds, while Houston's entire team had just 6.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,194

Post#105 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:42 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Start of the Dre era.

Not holding my breath. Nor giving Griffin any credit for FINALLY giving AJJ a string of consistent run considering how blatantly obvious it was that his unique skill set could compliment a team of guys who need the ball in their hands. How many times last night did he earn the offense an extra possession from hustle and instincts alone? Or make the right pass on target? Or set the screen? Or make the tough transition finish? Or on defense making life difficult for FVV and Cunningham the past couple games? All of these contributions aren't surprising for a basketball fan with two functioning eyes. The fact that Adrian Griffin needed almost a third of the season, plus multiple injuries to guys blocking his minutes, to finally see the light, is honestly embarrassing. Even though I like both Jae and Malik I'm dreading how their returns will affect AJJ's minutes.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,194

Post#106 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:42 pm

Prez wrote:I do find it amusing that Simmons seems to be monitoring the Bucks pretty closely, despite talking down the Bucks for months lol.

Read on Twitter

Simmons late to the party like Griffin.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 1,025

Post#107 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm

midranger wrote:Khris Middleton and Malik Beasley are the same player imo

I think when his name is being lifted into the rafters, it just MIGHT dawn on some here how bad their Khris takes were :lol:
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,159

Post#108 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:58 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter

This kind of covers up what I'm curious about. Ime got two after this and he's the head coach. What did he say/do?
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#109 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:59 pm

Prez wrote:I'm admittedly not a college hoops guy these days, my draft knowledge has been **** for years now, but it's wild to me that a player with Dre's combination of size/length, obscene athleticism, relentless motor, and both offensive & defensive feel/IQ would drop that far in the draft, even with the shooting concerns and perceived lack of upside due to age. That combination pretty much guarantees a dope ass player.

Credit to Horst and the FO for capitalizing where all the other teams failed though.

Good post. Havent been a draft guy since the Bucks have been good. Total head scratcher that an obvious glue guy falls to the 2nd round. I think NBA GM's have jumped the shark with the shooting and spacing era. He goes lottery in the 90's especially coming off a championship
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#110 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:07 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:If AG can convince Khris to come off the bench so the Bucks can put an energy guy in his spot he should win Coach of the Year.

The Khris to the bench thing is not a good idea, you want him playing as much as possible. They are throttling teams when Khris is in the game
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#111 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:17 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Which playoff opponent is point guard Middleton going to work vs? I'll wait... it's not, idc about this 1 regular season game vs Houston and their egos.. if we want to get Khris and his nice jumper involved that's fine but let's make it work on plays on the flow of what will work against playoff defenses so we have those healthy reference experiences and good habits built up. Our team will implode again if Midds waves off Dame and brings it up vs Boston, Miami, Indy, etc and we lose after he bounces it off his leg.

What will work? Dame and Cam have to initiate most of the time to protect the ball and the possession and let the other guys have the ball 2nd in their position they like with a play happening that they know either A or B will happen and they won't get trapped.

That possession where Dame and Khris were both asking for the ball from Giannis and he just dribbled up and took a 3 was ridiculous at the end of a game. That's the kind of sh#t Bobby was mad about that day. We still have some ego and selfishness problems.. it's bs it's like watching YMCA when that happens.. these are men at basically the highest level. If Midds wants a PG tryout then give him one in G league lol

Bucks won a championship off Khris initiating the offense. Thats why he's paid, 6 foot 8 dude who guarantees a good shot when he initiates offense. How you could be posting on a Bucks forum and not realize that, idk
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,163

Post#112 » by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:19 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Prez wrote:I do find it amusing that Simmons seems to be monitoring the Bucks pretty closely, despite talking down the Bucks for months lol.

Read on Twitter

Simmons late to the party like Griffin.

Bill continues to show his ass whenever he talks about the Bucks. He comes off as a pure hater whenever I listen to him. Just last week on his Pod with Doc he was scoffing at the idea of guys like Jackson trying to help defend.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,159

Post#113 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:28 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter

This kind of covers up what I'm curious about. Ime got two after this and he's the head coach. What did he say/do?

Brooks Non-Unsportsmanlike Tech Foul - Flopping (P4.PN) (S.Mehta)
Brooks T.FOUL (P4.PN) (S.Mehta)
Brooks Ejection:Other
Ime Udoka Foul:T.FOUL (M.Kogut)
Ime Udoka Ejection:Other

So I was wrong, IME just got a 1-Tech ejection. Brooks got called for a flop plus 2 Ts? Like that was a weird play. Yes, it was 80% Brooks and probably 20% since the game was over, but if you call even just the flop and first personal tech on a guy in a close game, it could be a huge swing

Side note: They need to call these a flopping violation. Allowing guys to get 3 techs is so weird to me.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,026

Post#114 » by emunney » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:32 pm

The Brooks thing is weird. He was complaining post game like he got a flopping tech but I'm pretty sure it was just a no call followed by two techs for verbal abuse.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,205

Post#115 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:35 pm

Always cracks me up when dudes be like "Whaaaaah, you're only targeting me because of my detailed, sordid history with dirty plays and flopping",......

Ref:

emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,026

Post#116 » by emunney » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:53 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter

Brooks Non-Unsportsmanlike Tech Foul - Flopping (P4.PN) (S.Mehta)
Brooks Ejection:Other
Ime Udoka Foul:T.FOUL (M.Kogut)
Ime Udoka Ejection:Other

So I was wrong, IME just got a 1-Tech ejection. Brooks got called for a flop plus 2 Ts? Like that was a weird play. Yes, it was 80% Brooks and probably 20% since the game was over, but if you call even just the flop and first personal tech on a guy in a close game, it could be a huge swing

Side note: They need to call these a flopping violation. Allowing guys to get 3 techs is so weird to me.

I stand corrected. The timing of the flopping call was definitely weird/late, and that was definitely a terrible call. Karmic payment for the guy who has a reel of some of the worst flops in the history of sport.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,720

Post#117 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:54 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:If AG can convince Khris to come off the bench so the Bucks can put an energy guy in his spot he should win Coach of the Year.

The Khris to the bench thing is not a good idea, you want him playing as much as possible. They are throttling teams when Khris is in the game

He can still play with the other 4 starters. Also, I'm not trying to subtract his minutes.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#118 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:55 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:

Having him healthy is more important. Tier his minutes with Dame as much as possible and play him around 25 mpg.

When the playoffs roll around you feel better about playing him heavy minutes but you gotta get there first.

I love a starting 5 of Brook/Giannis/Jae/AJJ/Dame. Nice and balanced. Bench of Khris/Bobby/Beasley/Pat is mint.

I'd gaib a lot of respect for AG if he made the move. If Khris complained I'd lose a lot of respect for him.
Do it for Chuck
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#119 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:09 pm

I'll never understand people who think it doesn't matter who starts games. Setting the tone in the first five minutes is massive. We've seen the Bucks end games halfway through the first quarter multiple times over the past five years.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#120 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:11 pm

Khris coming off the bench at 6 mins when Giannis subs out is not a terrible idea and loading his minutes more in the 2nd half and definitely finishing the game.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks