soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,309

Re: PG Indy - Pathetic 

Post#101 » by soboMP3 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:36 am

bucksfansince88 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:
Yea they gotta admit they **** up and bring Bud back or at least make the call and see if he’d be willing to come back.

That ship has sailed.

Punty part two then, can’t be worse than this Joker

Nah if they really can AG I think the only legitimate candidate would be Stotts.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,334

Post#102 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:38 am

RubberSoul wrote:
ABucksFan wrote:Before football and basketball season began, i wanted no parts of the packers and all the bucks…now i want no part of the bucks and focused solely on packers lol

100% me as well I have a hard time watching the Bucks anymore. They are a lazy, old and slow team that gives zero effort due to a ridiculous scheme. They are depressing to watch I’d take a swag twins game over this at least there were no expectations back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just haven't been fun to watch in a long time.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,160

Post#103 » by Matches Malone » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:40 am

soboMP3 wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
That ship has sailed.

Punty part two then, can’t be worse than this Joker

Nah if they really can AG I think the only legitimate candidate would be Stotts.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,170

Post#104 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:42 am

Rather have Puddy than Prunty

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,413

Post#105 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:45 am

One of the biggest takeaways in all of this after 34 games. Stotts is a pretty smart guy...lol.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,170

Post#106 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:49 am

I'd bring in Epi and Big O as co head coaches. I'm not really joking.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#107 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:51 am

What if we come to find out after all this time that when Horst asked Giannis who the head coach should be, Giannis jokingly said Peter Grffin and Horst thought Giannis said Adrian Griffin.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#108 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:56 am

TroyD92 wrote:
rilamann wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:Not sure who is a bigger idiot: Griff for being a con artist and terrible coach or Giannis for thinking this guy would be a good coach.

Last summer during the hiring process I said if I was the Buck's GM I would ask Giannis who his #1 choice for head coach would be. So that I would know which name to scratch off my list first.

Ironically, I remember I actually caught some heat from a couple people when I said it...lol.

You can’t say anything negative about Giannis or certain posters will attack you. Most of them have some variation of Giannis in their username

Giannis is awesome, but the last thing I would do is let him pick who the head coach was going to be.

To be fair though, the Bucks were probably worried about not making Giannis happy at that moment in time with his upcoming free agency.

They should have fired Griffin the split second Giannis signed his extension...lol.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,402

Post#109 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:57 am

randy84 wrote:I find it funny that people think AG is going to know what to do with a defensive point of attack guard when he can't figure out what to do with a 5-time All NBA defensive player and a 2-time All NBA defensive player and runner-up for defensive player of the year in 2023. But somehow he is going to know what to do with Kris Dunn to make this a championship team?

Gave Grief a chance in December, but ass kickings by the Knicks and Indy x2 tell me that opposing coaches easily dissect what the Bucks are doing and then make adjustments. And Grief has no answer.

Would better players help? Sure. But it’s much easier and smarter to just replace the coach now. Rip the bandaid off, versus compounding errors with trades.

Then we’ve got the whole issue of Dame. He’s not happy. Is it the coach situation or other things? Or both? Don’t know.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#110 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:57 am

Everyone calling for Brook to go, old and slow, etc., you have to consider that he's being utilized in about the worst possible way right now.

I don't know how many times he was chasing Halliburton beyond the 3 pt arc in this game in our half-court defense because he was switched onto him. He needs to be anchored to the lane. Indiana switched up whenever they needed to and got the match-ups they wanted, and then exploited them. They consistently got Giannis, Brook, Bobby guarding the 3pt line while our guards where stuck on the interior guarding Turner etc.

Then of course when Brook is in the drop, there is no pressure on the guy driving the ball so Brook can just get picked off as he's always left on an island.

It's also noticeable that Giannis is giving no help at all on rim defense. He's previously been right there and could come in and contest shots, but his feet are staying glued to the floor and he's just watching the shots go up.

Our defense is seriously wrong, and there is nothing that suggests that Grief is going to change anything.
Circling calendars since 2021
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,977

Post#111 » by jschligs » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:00 am

Has that new assistant started? Doesn't seem like anything has changed. If I'm Horst I'd seriously consider a direct order to figure out how to fix the defense. Drop what we're doing now.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#112 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:01 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I'd bring in Epi and Big O as co head coaches. I'm not really joking.

Imagine Stotts as head coach with Epi as his lead assistant along with Big O on the staff.

That would be awesome and probably legit better than what we have on our bench now...lol.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#113 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:02 am

This game thread should be 15 pages. Amazing how a team with two of the greatest players of all time has managed to make their die hard fans so disinterested.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#114 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:05 am

I came across this gem from Grief talking about our defense before the season started.

https://wtmj.com/sports/2023/10/16/bucks-coach-griffin-breaks-down-defense-starters/

The first-year head coach said that protecting the paint and minimizing high-percentage shots, including paint touches and free throws, will be the top priority for his team. From there, the team will look at taking away corner three-pointers — the easiest type of 3-point shot to make, statistically.

Last, but certainly not least, Coach Griffin says his Milwaukee Bucks will try to chase shooters away from above-the-break 3-pointers, forcing them into contested jumpers from deep or in the mid-range area. Once the bread-and-butter of NBA jump shooters, non-paint, two-point shot attempts are now considered the most favorable from a defender’s perspective.

“We’re not going to ever leave one guy on the island. Obviously, you’ve gotta take pride in guarding your man, keeping him in the front, but we’ve got to help each other; and when somebody helps, you’ve got to help the helper so we’re tied together, and that’s what makes a great defensive team,” Coach Griffin explained.

I mean, we are 26th in the league at protecting the paint, and the worst team in the league over our last 5-6 games (even worse than the Pistons, Spurs etc).
Circling calendars since 2021
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,402

Post#115 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:09 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:This game thread should be 15 pages. Amazing how a team with two of the greatest players of all time has managed to make their die hard fans so disinterested.

It will be by tomorrow afternoon. People are tired and depressed after this one.

Twitter going to get ugly again however. These last two games not only embolden Griffin critics, but the army of NBA national podcasters who have been ripping on the Bucks over the coaching the past two months.

If I were a Bob McGinn type writer, I’d be asking 3-4 ex NBA coaches to go off the record on what they think about Griffin’s schemes and what’s going wrong.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,224

Post#116 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:16 am

Chessboxer wrote:Giannis seemed quite optimistic after the game.

-Its not the end of the world, team needs to be more consistent
-The loss is a good thing, because it allows the team to focus on its weaknesses
-Team needs to take more pride on defense
-"Sky is the limit" for the team.

[url][/url]

"I hope you think about it when you're on an exotic beach with your family during all-star break"..." think about it when you're about to get freaky at night" (the need to be better as a team, how to improve)

"Coach has to coach harder" hmmmm.

Personally, I think that Giannis sounds a bit somber. He knows other players & the staff aren't doing everything. Hoping they're committed as he is to working toward the goal.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#117 » by fan230 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:24 am

Bucking Up wrote:I'd be on the phone to Bud and begging to take him back.

Griffin is not the guy.

That would be ideal
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#118 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:31 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Rather have Puddy than Prunty

*high five*
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#119 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:33 am

steger_3434 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:It's simplistic to always talk about "making adjustments" but when you face the same team 5 times in 34 games and play the exact same schemes each game YOU NEED TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS.

But it's certainly not just coaching. Not by a long shot. The players were lethargic and lazy. Complaining to the refs. You can't chalk it up to "we're an old team". Lack of hustle isn't an age thing, it's just lazy.

Yeah it's a long season. Six months/82 games is dumb. Every team has slumps. If you play hard and lose, so be it. Suck it up. I'd love to work 82 days a year for that money.

There is no easy fix. Finding the mythical "defensive stopper" isn't easy nor a magical potion.

We're a good team, we are contenders. So act like it.

I'm among the more optimistic here. I don't let losses bother me. But my patience is about gone.

On to San Antonio.

This post made me feel like how my dad instead of yelling at me told me calmly he was disappointed in me. Affected me way more. Get md in this team for motivational speeches

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Wow your dad is nice. My dad’s go to line was I’m not mad at you, I just wish I never had you.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,775

Post#120 » by DanoMac » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:38 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
Daver wrote:Do we have any i mean any jagoff reporter who can say grif wtf u talking about you gave up 142 points these fluff questions its embarrasing the questions thry ask AG if this dude was in philly boston NY chicago he eould be getting hammered by questions.No one asks him about tbe lousy D or the sh... O

None of the reporters want to lose their in with the team. They are just mouthpieces for the PR team.

The bright side is through extension of Dame, we have Chris Haynes now. I’m ready for another Haynes bomb.

We’ve lowkey always had Chris Haynes. He’s Mariah’s uncle.

Never forget Haynes wrote that huge piece and was the one to report that Giannis would’ve considered Portland had he not signed his 1st extension.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks