ImageImage

PG Celtics - Domination

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Re: PG Celtics - Domination 

Post#101 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:03 pm

I do find it funny that people just conveniently forget that it was also a B2B (for us) in that infamous drubbing at home last season. And yet I'm told that was a prime example of why "Boston doesn't fear us" or that we have terrible matchup problems blah blah blah.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,032

Post#102 » by Prez » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:07 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:Listening to the national media you would think Boston stormed the beaches of Normandy Wednesday night instead of playing a tough OT bball game against a good Wolves team (also on a back 2 back…they didn’t die though). It’s ok to give the Bucks a little credit. That game meant a lot to us and we came out with focus and energy. Now can we build off of this?

Yeah nobody made any excuses for the Bucks when they got blown out by Boston last year before the playoffs when it was the 2nd of a B2B and 5th game in 7 nights. Those 5 games in 7 night also included a Utah/Denver road B2B lol (and btw the Bucks/Nuggets matchup wasn’t even on national TV, great job marketing literally the two best players in the world, NBA).

I think my favorite Celtics fan take on social media is “this was the Bucks’ championship”…nah fam, the championship is our championship lmao.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,649

Post#103 » by Profound23 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:17 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I do find it funny that people just conveniently forget that it was also a B2B (for us) in that infamous drubbing at home last season. And yet I'm told that was a prime example of why "Boston doesn't fear us" or that we have terrible matchup problems blah blah blah.

There are no excuses, but I really can't stand when prime matchups like this have one team on 2-3 days rest and the other on the end of a B2B. I knew it was a lose-lose situation for those who are tired of the negative comments 24/7.

Just glad we blew them out and the backups did enough to not let them back into the game, forcing the starters back in. GS on Saturday should be fun too but they play Chicago tonight and we are resting so that will be another excuse IF WE WIN and if we lose it will be how did you lose that game.

At least both times we face Denver both teams will be off the previous night.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#104 » by Chad34 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:27 pm

If you want some entertainment, listen to locked on Celtics response to this game. 26 minutes of excuses :lol:
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,154

Post#105 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:30 pm

I don't necessarily agree with the B2B excuse (They are pro athletes and totally capable of playing a back to back), but I just didn't get the vibe the Celtics gave it their all. IMHO felt like it was "im here so we don't get fined" situation where they jacked up a bunch of 3s and if they went in, they would play; if not, they would fold. They just packed it in way too easy and too early
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,010

Post#106 » by emunney » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:31 pm

Prez wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:Listening to the national media you would think Boston stormed the beaches of Normandy Wednesday night instead of playing a tough OT bball game against a good Wolves team (also on a back 2 back…they didn’t die though). It’s ok to give the Bucks a little credit. That game meant a lot to us and we came out with focus and energy. Now can we build off of this?

Yeah nobody made any excuses for the Bucks when they got blown out by Boston last year before the playoffs when it was the 2nd of a B2B and 5th game in 7 nights. Those 5 games in 7 night also included a Utah/Denver road B2B lol (and btw the Bucks/Nuggets matchup wasn’t even on national TV, great job marketing literally the two best players in the world, NBA).

I think my favorite Celtics fan take on social media is “this was the Bucks’ championship”…nah fam, the championship is our championship lmao.

B2B is an excuse for running out of gas in the 2nd half, not getting blown off the floor from the tip. Same as when the Celtics did it to the Bucks.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#107 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:35 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I do find it funny that people just conveniently forget that it was also a B2B (for us) in that infamous drubbing at home last season. And yet I'm told that was a prime example of why "Boston doesn't fear us" or that we have terrible matchup problems blah blah blah.

I honestly cannot recall a single time that another team (let alone the Bucks) were actively being given the B2B excuse by national media/talking heads. It's always been one of those things that fans will bring up as context for why their team **** the bed but everyone else ignores.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:43 pm

Prez wrote:I think my favorite Celtics fan take on social media is “this was the Bucks’ championship”…nah fam, the championship is our championship lmao.

If this was "our championship" there'd probably be more than 6 pages in the post-game thread, never mind half of them are saying "cool but we're still screwed." :lol:

I legitimately don't know if Celtics fans are aware they haven't won a ring in 15 years.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,779

Post#109 » by JayMKE » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:46 pm

Excuses or not, do any of you expect the Celtics team we played last night to be anything like the Celtics we'd face in the playoffs? There's always these high variance games where one team goes nuclear and the other can't hit water if they fell out of a boat, the Bucks really needed it to the point even the media was starting to trumpet the coaching issues with Griffin whereas the Celtics looked like they would have preferred to rest everybody if the league allowed it.
FREE GIANNIS
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,195

Post#110 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:54 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I don't necessarily agree with the B2B excuse (They are pro athletes and totally capable of playing a back to back), but I just didn't get the vibe the Celtics gave it their all. IMHO felt like it was "im here so we don't get fined" situation where they jacked up a bunch of 3s and if they went in, they would play; if not, they would fold. They just packed it in way too easy and too early

I mean, you kind of just described the Celtics' entire offense right here. Seriously, I'd challenge anyone to find a more extreme 3PT correlation team than them the past 2-3 years.

In Wins: 39.1%
In Losses: 31.8%

It's why they're constantly overhyped as this regular season "juggernaut" and then every postseason people wonder what happened. What happens is that their half-court offense has always been junk, and when they're not blitzing teams from 3, their offense gets stuck in the mud. They're basically what everyone mistakenly thought the Bud era Bucks were those first couple seasons. They pretty much entirely live and die by the 3PT shot.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:54 pm

JayMKE wrote:Excuses or not, do any of you expect the Celtics team we played last night to be anything like the Celtics we'd face in the playoffs?

no one is saying this
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,922

Post#112 » by Dick Tate » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:22 pm

aboveAverage wrote:Rilaman in shambles right now.

He did an awesome job in pre-game with detailed psychoanalysis of the Bucks and Giannis' deep fear of Boston.
The old Rilamann was BACK!
Dick Tate
Veteran

Post#113 » by Dick Tate » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:23 pm

JayMKE wrote:Excuses or not, do any of you expect the Celtics team we played last night to be anything like the Celtics we'd face in the playoffs? There's always these high variance games where one team goes nuclear and the other can't hit water if they fell out of a boat, the Bucks really needed it to the point even the media was starting to trumpet the coaching issues with Griffin whereas the Celtics looked like they would have preferred to rest everybody if the league allowed it.

Keep fighting the good fight. :roll:
Dick Tate
Veteran

Post#114 » by Dick Tate » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:25 pm

Where's Big O with his Bobby Bobby Bobby victory lap?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,113

Post#115 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:41 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I don't necessarily agree with the B2B excuse (They are pro athletes and totally capable of playing a back to back), but I just didn't get the vibe the Celtics gave it their all. IMHO felt like it was "im here so we don't get fined" situation where they jacked up a bunch of 3s and if they went in, they would play; if not, they would fold. They just packed it in way too easy and too early

historically the celtics culture is that they theyre good when its downhill and pack it in and choke when its not. as others mentioned when the shots are falling great and when they arent no plan b whatsoever

i, for one, feel hella better that with the roster turnover they still seem to only play their best ball if everything is going right and may continue to choke viciously when it isnt
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:43 pm

Does anyone else have a hard time picturing Giannis telling a coach "nah I'm good, we're getting dogwalked so just don't send us out for the second half"
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Profound23
RealGM

Post#117 » by Profound23 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:48 pm

Chad34 wrote:If you want some entertainment, listen to locked on Celtics response to this game. 26 minutes of excuses :lol:

They should do like Bucks fans and just catastrophize after every loss.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,811

Post#118 » by Ayt » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:35 pm

Plus, Gobert and Conley didn't play. :lol:
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#119 » by fan230 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:38 pm

I enjoyed the game at Fiserv yesterday. Many good things. Bobby making his shots continually. Giannis playing at a superstar level for the nth successive game where n is large; I wonder if we have had any Bucks player in history better than Giannis; maybe someone 50 years later. Dame playing so well with a fervor, thus showing how great our offense can be even this season. Khris playing excellent defense, I think, for the first time this season. Pat trying hard to round up to form. Beas so unafraid to make shots from any side of the court. Brook announced on the video screen in Fiserv as the number one blocker in the entire nba, and his several 3 pointers which totally deleted any attempts by the Celtics at a comeback. Aj nonchalantly making 3 s. Ajj growing up in front of our eyes in the very early stage of maturing into an nba player. All this against the eastern division leaders. I was very happy to see the Bucks play yesterday like this, and to me it seemed that the crowd at Fiserv felt the same way. For today, I was very happy with the Bucks’ play.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#120 » by Profound23 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:44 pm

Also, I don't think I have ever seen this many excuses for one team facing another at the end of a B2B. It happens all of the time, I dislike it, but there were 4 brand new threads in a row on the GB making excuses and complaining about B2B's the one time we benefit from it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks