OT: General Off Topic Thread [NO Politics, Race, Religion, etc.]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,298

Re: OT: General Off Topic Thread [NO Politics, Race, Religion, etc.] 

Post#101 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:47 pm

So, is it alarming to anyone else here that we basically didn't have a winter in Wisconsin this year?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#102 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:47 am

Read on Twitter
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#103 » by jute2003 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:56 am

ReasonablySober wrote:So, is it alarming to anyone else here that we basically didn't have a winter in Wisconsin this year?
It'll make a comeback yet.
only a fan, only an opinion
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,797

Post#104 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:54 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

My family this morning when I mentioned how concerning it was that it was 60 in LAX: THIS IS SO AMAZING! BEST WINTER EVER.

My family this evening looking at this damage and the projections of a messed-up summer: What is going on with this weather? Why are there tornados in February?

:-?
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,966

Post#105 » by jschligs » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:28 am

Just tried cold leftover Papa John’s dipped in Dean’s French Onion dip and honestly…it’s life changing.

Sure I had a few beers and an edible, but god damn it’s so good.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,479

Post#106 » by KidA24 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:53 am

jschligs wrote:Just tried cold leftover Papa John’s dipped in Dean’s French Onion dip and honestly…it’s life changing.

Sure I had a few beers and an edible, but god damn it’s so good.

The way to eat left over bad pizza is to French toast it.

https://youtu.be/hB42iztkzVQ?si=_ek_frDo4i3H6OpJ
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,386

Post#107 » by MoreTrife » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:43 pm

I think often about how Amazon operates. Now I'm a rule follower. But recently I ordered a chair and it was missing screws and i contacted customer support. Within a minute - "would 50% off suffice?" Sure. And I went and bought the needed screws. I've returned items to Kohl's and I've thought what's to stop me from returning a brick. The pile of stuff doesn't go back to the seller usually, it just goes to a mountain of **** that people buy bulk. I wonder if an algorithm tracks your customer behavior.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,345

Post#108 » by Mags FTW » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:54 pm

Need recommendations for best flavored coffees that come in K-Cups. Trying to reduce my sugar intake, so creamer has gotta go.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#109 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:27 pm

MoreTrife wrote:I think often about how Amazon operates. Now I'm a rule follower. But recently I ordered a chair and it was missing screws and i contacted customer support. Within a minute - "would 50% off suffice?" Sure. And I went and bought the needed screws. I've returned items to Kohl's and I've thought what's to stop me from returning a brick. The pile of stuff doesn't go back to the seller usually, it just goes to a mountain of **** that people buy bulk. I wonder if an algorithm tracks your customer behavior.

I've had a few times when I've ordered more than one item and one item was missing. Instead of sending me the missing item they just give me a full refund. Cool. They are very liberal on returns. But they do track it and if you do too many returns it won't be as easy.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:22 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Need recommendations for best flavored coffees that come in K-Cups. Trying to reduce my sugar intake, so creamer has gotta go.

Have you tried Coffee Mate Zero Sugar creamer flavors? 1 carb per serving, zero sugars. That's what I switched to and I like it quite a bit.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,797

Post#111 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:34 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
MoreTrife wrote:I think often about how Amazon operates. Now I'm a rule follower. But recently I ordered a chair and it was missing screws and i contacted customer support. Within a minute - "would 50% off suffice?" Sure. And I went and bought the needed screws. I've returned items to Kohl's and I've thought what's to stop me from returning a brick. The pile of stuff doesn't go back to the seller usually, it just goes to a mountain of **** that people buy bulk. I wonder if an algorithm tracks your customer behavior.

I've had a few times when I've ordered more than one item and one item was missing. Instead of sending me the missing item they just give me a full refund. Cool. They are very liberal on returns. But they do track it and if you do too many returns it won't be as easy.

I think return shipping and everything that comes along with processing returns must really incur a lot of costs. Obviously Amazon operates with an economy of scale, too, but I was really surprised with an experience I had with Coop Homegoods (makers of the best pillow ever). Decided to try their mattress pad as a last-ditch effort before buying a new mattress. First one was slightly damaged - support said to donate it and they'll send me a new one. Tried it for a month, didn't find it could save the mattress, and returned it per their 100 day policy - they said to just keep it. That was over $400 worth of product they told me to just keep, and without any fuss at all.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,729

Post#112 » by JayMKE » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:40 pm

Put all my weight down on like the dull(apparently not enough) curved pointed latch on the back of a belt buckle the other day and had to remove it from my foot, walking around hurts like a mf

so ummm watch your step :cry:
FREE GIANNIS
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#113 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:44 pm

What's wild on returns is the variance. Costco and Amazon are super chill. Hell my dumbass left some things in the bottom of my cart and went back the next day to see if it was turned in, nope but they still told me to just go grab the missing items off the shelf.

On the flip side I had an issue with a Hoover vacuum and it was an absolute nightmare to get them to even respond.

Or Slime brand inner tubes. Bought a two pack and both split at the stem within like 5 rides. Called them and they wanted me to ship the tubes back at my own cost so they could 'inspect' them before refunding. Like yeah no I'll just eat the $20 bucks and never buy your brand again.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#114 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:45 pm

JayMKE wrote:Put all my weight down on like the dull(apparently not enough) curved pointed latch on the back of a belt buckle the other day and had to remove it from my foot, walking around hurts like a mf

so ummm watch your step :cry:
You just gave me bad flashbacks of a time I stepped on a toothpick as a kid and it was stuck deep. Do not recommend

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,345

Post#115 » by Mags FTW » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Need recommendations for best flavored coffees that come in K-Cups. Trying to reduce my sugar intake, so creamer has gotta go.

Have you tried Coffee Mate Zero Sugar creamer flavors? 1 carb per serving, zero sugars. That's what I switched to and I like it quite a bit.

Tried it, and thought it was disgusting.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,965

Post#116 » by stellation » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:23 pm

Not to be that guy, but mindful I am that guy, but have you tried switching out your brew method? I know zilch about creamer (not a thing here, really?), but if you like sweetish coffee but want to reduce sugar slower extraction with something like a V60 can produce a sweeter cup with the right beans.

Wouldn’t replace pods if those are something that works for you now, but might be able to replace a cup every day or two for a holistic reduction.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:57 pm

I've drank Folgiers black from most of my adult life and creamer was a very recent thing. So I don't have any basis for comparison. When I started doing no sugar I picked up a caramel zero sugar Coffee Mate and I thought well that's a nice change.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,729

Post#118 » by JayMKE » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:09 pm

I drank it black maybe with a bit of honey until fairly recently when I got an espresso machine with a milk frother as a gift, before I'd pound the whole pot of coffee drinking a Scott Skiles amount but I've cut it down to one cup with the frothed/steamed milk. I'm the guy who buys the fancy whole beans tho.
FREE GIANNIS
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,965

Post#119 » by stellation » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:28 am

JayMKE wrote:I drank it black maybe with a bit of honey until fairly recently when I got a espresso machine with a milk frother as a gift, before I'd pound the whole pot of coffee drinking a Scott Skiles amount but I've cut it down to one cup with the frothed/steamed milk. I'm the guy who buys the fancy whole beans tho.

One of us! One of us!
#FreeChuckDiesel
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#120 » by jute2003 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:42 am

stellation wrote:
JayMKE wrote:I drank it black maybe with a bit of honey until fairly recently when I got a espresso machine with a milk frother as a gift, before I'd pound the whole pot of coffee drinking a Scott Skiles amount but I've cut it down to one cup with the frothed/steamed milk. I'm the guy who buys the fancy whole beans tho.

One of us! One of us!
If you like coffee, whole beans ground at home are a must.

Espresso machine is easily our most used appliance.
only a fan, only an opinion

Return to Milwaukee Bucks