D
31%

Total votes: 36

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,852

Re: #24 - MarJon Beauchamp - Poll Added 

Post#1021 » by TroyD92 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 2:54 am

What has Beasley ever done to deserve a promise on playing time. He signed for vet min. He's literally just a guy.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,015

Post#1022 » by emunney » Wed Nov 8, 2023 3:24 am

TroyD92 wrote:What has Beasley ever done to deserve a promise on playing time. He signed for vet min. He's literally just a guy.

Maybe your second sentence is an answer to your first one. Hope not. Probably not.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,811

Post#1023 » by Ayt » Wed Nov 8, 2023 4:56 am

This was a great play by Marjon against the Knicks. This is exactly what you want to see out of a player like this beyond the obvious 3+D.

https://youtu.be/Wtt1WhjWbMk?t=74

Start the man!
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1024 » by pifhluk23 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 12:51 pm

TroyD92 wrote:What has Beasley ever done to deserve a promise on playing time. He signed for vet min. He's literally just a guy.

He definitely could have gotten more then the minimum from another team.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Post#1025 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Nov 8, 2023 12:54 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:

Do we know who else was interested in Beasley? That's who we need to talk to as December 15th approaches.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,991

Post#1026 » by Badgerlander » Wed Nov 8, 2023 3:09 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:

Idk why. Maybe if that team didn’t see how awful he was in the playoffs for the Lakers? I just assumed that we only signed him as a favor to his agent or something because there were better players available when we signed him.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man

Post#1027 » by pifhluk23 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 4:59 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:

Idk why. Maybe if that team didn’t see how awful he was in the playoffs for the Lakers? I just assumed that we only signed him as a favor to his agent or something because there were better players available when we signed him.

Not every team is competing for a championship. Beasley is exactly the type of guy Kohl would have overpaid for, certainly more then the minimum. Plenty of teams out there he could have gotten 5-10 per from. You guys make him sound like he's a g leaguer.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,852

Post#1028 » by TroyD92 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 5:01 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:

Not every team is competing for a championship. Beasley is exactly the type of guy Kohl would have overpaid for, certainly more then the minimum. Plenty of teams out there he could have gotten 5-10 per from. You guys make him sound like he's a g leaguer.

G-leaguers have potential. Beasley is bound for China or Europe
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,813

Post#1029 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Nov 8, 2023 6:45 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:

No one with cap space or an available MLE was pursuing him.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#1030 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed Nov 8, 2023 9:31 pm

I'm eagerly waiting for Beasley to be removed from the starting lineup just so the hand-wringing over a guy we'll probably forget was even on the team next March will stop
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#1031 » by chonestown » Thu Nov 9, 2023 7:38 pm

chonestown wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I'd like some consistency from him.

Inconsistency is what makes him human and, ultimately, relatable.

I stand behind this.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,949

Post#1032 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:35 pm

Checking the season shooting stats: 45%/41%/67%. Not bad. Would like to see the FT% improve, but he doesn't get to the line much anyways. I think the consensus was he's a great piece if he can hit the 3. Well, his stats say he's shooting it well. So why am I underwhelmed? Is it the bright shiny new object (AJJ)? I'm not completely out on him, but he's not passing the eye test for me right now.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,418

Post#1033 » by MiltownHawkeye » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:46 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:Checking the season shooting stats: 45%/41%/67%. Not bad. Would like to see the FT% improve, but he doesn't get to the line much anyways. I think the consensus was he's a great piece if he can hit the 3. Well, his stats say he's shooting it well. So why am I underwhelmed? Is it the bright shiny new object (AJJ)? I'm not completely out on him, but he's not passing the eye test for me right now.

Because 41% on 2 attempts a game isn't moving the needle in terms of whether a player is effective or not. Personally I've never been concerned about his percentages because his shot has always seemed alright, it's that I don't think there's much to him as a basketball player besides being 6'6 and having a tolerable jump shot.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,178

Post#1034 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:55 pm

I've added a new poll. In the original poll the options were A, B, C and Ask Me in A Year. Well it's been a year+ so time for a new poll
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,197

Re: #24 - MarJon Beauchamp - NEW POLL ADDED 12/4/23 

Post#1035 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:20 pm

FWIW he's been +25 the last two games with the bump in minutes due to injuries. This upcoming stretch is gonna be crucial for him. No Crowder, no Pat, and AJJ dealing with a minor back injury. So I'll save my vote until at least Pat comes back. Possible huge test coming up if we face off Boston in this dumb tournament and he can look capable guarding Tatum and Brown. I honestly can't remember how he looked against either guy in the last game.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#1036 » by chonestown » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:29 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:FWIW he's been +25 the last two games with the bump in minutes due to injuries. This upcoming stretch is gonna be crucial for him. No Crowder, no Pat, and AJJ dealing with a minor back injury. So I'll save my vote until at least Pat comes back. Possible huge test coming up if we face off Boston in this dumb tournament and he can look capable guarding Tatum and Brown. I honestly can't remember how he looked against either guy in the last game.

Uh, this reads like a description of Tony Snell. Marinate on that, campesinos.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#1037 » by tedbrogen » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:31 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:FWIW he's been +25 the last two games with the bump in minutes due to injuries. This upcoming stretch is gonna be crucial for him. No Crowder, no Pat, and AJJ dealing with a minor back injury. So I'll save my vote until at least Pat comes back. Possible huge test coming up if we face off Boston in this dumb tournament and he can look capable guarding Tatum and Brown. I honestly can't remember how he looked against either guy in the last game.

He actually was pretty good staying in front of Brown. Brown just hit some tough shots over him.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,097

Post#1038 » by Siefer » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:44 pm

MJB rides a pretty extreme confidence rollercoaster, and when things go a bit sideways, they tend to go a lot sideways until he gets yanked. Maybe that's a thing that can be sorted out, but the other worrying thing is how unwilling he is to absorb contact. A guy like Bobby gets away with it to some extent by being very skilled, but Marjon loses a lot of value if he's never able to get through a screen, or can get knocked off of his dribble by a stiff breeze.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man

Post#1039 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:51 pm

I gave him a C and I think that's pretty fair if not an overpay. I think we all got too hyped watching him play against bottom of the bench guys when we were blowing teams out last year. Now that he's playing meaningful minutes we are seeing his flaws. I'm really concerned about his fast break plays, I think it shows he doesn't have a natural feel for the game. If he can defend and hit open 3s that's all we need though and plenty of guys have made solid careers out of doing that.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,357

Post#1040 » by ackypoo » Mon Dec 4, 2023 4:56 pm

expectations for the 24th pick in the draft arent that high. i gave him a c.
i dont think hell be in the league in 4 years. he will be lucky to get a contract after his rookie deal.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks