Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 819

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1161 » by Packbuckman » Sat May 11, 2024 6:37 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:You know what? Either Dame or Khris has to go.

Strap in... This gets a lot of folks angry for whatever reason.

I want those folks to tell me the two legitimately gettable guys that you can put in the starting lineup with Giannis, Khris and Dame that would cover for Dame's poor defense, Khris' slowness on defense and Giannis' lapses on defense.

Looking at the playoffs and seeing these younger, lanky, switchable guys getting after it on defense tells me everything I need to know. *Dame or Khris needs to be moved.

*If you want Giannis to compete for another ring.

How about drafting and developing your own young players like other teams do and stop picking up old washed up players to fill out the roster.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,004

Post#1162 » by emunney » Sat May 11, 2024 6:42 pm

Packbuckman wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:
Strap in... This gets a lot of folks angry for whatever reason.

I want those folks to tell me the two legitimately gettable guys that you can put in the starting lineup with Giannis, Khris and Dame that would cover for Dame's poor defense, Khris' slowness on defense and Giannis' lapses on defense.

Looking at the playoffs and seeing these younger, lanky, switchable guys getting after it on defense tells me everything I need to know. *Dame or Khris needs to be moved.

How about drafting and developing your own young players like other teams do and stop picking up old washed up players to fill out the roster.

Or younger FAs who fit with what we're trying to do, like Pat C or Bobby were when we first got them.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,383

Post#1163 » by paulpressey25 » Sat May 11, 2024 7:12 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:

Khris and Bobby/Dame (when those two played) scoring at will against the Pacers was a double edged sword.

It upped their trade value but also caused some of the fan base to forget we couldn’t even put together a .500 record with Doc before that point in the regular season, nor win the Pacers series
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#1164 » by rilamann » Sat May 11, 2024 7:16 pm

Why not both.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,412

Post#1165 » by rilamann » Sat May 11, 2024 7:32 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

Khris and Bobby/Dame (when those two played) scoring at will against the Pacers was a double edged sword.

It upped their trade value but also caused some of the fan base to forget we couldn’t even put together a .500 record with Doc before that point in the regular season, nor win the Pacers series

If Giannis wasn't a superstar and was simply just an all star level player (Like a Ray Allen or a Glenn Robinson) this season would have been total deja vu of the 2002 season and we wouldn't have made the playoffs. The only reason this season was slightly better than 2002 is because the 2024 version has an MVP candidate and the 2002 team did not.

Hell, even with Giannis healthy (with the exception of the last couple games of the regular season) the Bucks failed to win 50 games and only missed the play-in by 2 games.

That's insane, especially when you consider how weak the east is.

Is a testament to how overrated Dame is and how bad our overall roster is. We probably won't see it, but we need a major overhaul of our roster.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#1166 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 11, 2024 7:47 pm

rilamann wrote: ...
Is a testament to how overrated Dame is and how bad our overall roster is. We probably won't see it, but we need a major overhaul of our roster.

Dame didn't workout while awaiting the trade. See your avatar, I guarantee, that you will be eating major crow about that man next season.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#1167 » by Daver » Sat May 11, 2024 7:48 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:

Nope

Short answer but right to the point tbe absolute trade kris or dame mania is so fu... out of hand gping on 3 years now of lets trade kris he was our best player against indy.Dude aint going anywhere.Whats even more assinine is that some of these board posters have to be on crack(figure of speech) thinking that 1 year into a big trade the bucks will trade dame before the big 3 can even have a full offseason together.Dude aint going anywhere either
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,643

Post#1168 » by raferfenix » Sat May 11, 2024 8:17 pm

Khris and Lopez as a starting tandem together is just so slow.

I think one of them hits the bench at least.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,632

Post#1169 » by Bernman » Sat May 11, 2024 8:22 pm

Middleton is the 1 guy on this team where it's actually true he has more valuable to us than anyone else. He reasonably fits Giannis' window between age & style, has great chemistry w/ him, has been here since almost the start, & has champ pedigree.

Everybody else can viably be thrown in trade proposals, except Giannis, simply because he's already here vs. somewhere else.

- Lillard has more value to a team who has a shorter window and/or chemistry w/ their other stars
- Lopez has more value to a team who has better perimeter defenders and/or a shorter window
- Portis has more value to a team who views him as a starter and/or need him to get into the playoffs
etc.

That's who you want to seriously consider trading, not Middleton (or Giannis).
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,543

Post#1170 » by Milbucks96 » Sat May 11, 2024 8:25 pm

I’ll admit that the pacers series is probably clouding my judgement but I think the right thing to do is run it back with our big three while shopping Brook, Bobby, and Pat really hard to fill in the roster.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#1171 » by Bernman » Sat May 11, 2024 8:30 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:I’ll admit that the pacers series is probably clouding my judgement but I think the right thing to do is run it back with our big three while shopping Brook, Bobby, and Pat really hard to fill in the roster.

Are you willing to sacrifice 5 more seasons as contenders w/ Giannis ('26-'30) for 1-2 yrs of possibly a better chance at winning a title? Because that's the equation to me, since Lillard will age out of being a core player in 1-2 seasons probably.

And given Lillard's defensive deficiencies, + the lack of on court chemistry w/ Giannis, which wasn't disproven based on not playing together in the playoffs; I'm not even confident we are better w/ Lillard, as opposed to, say, DeJounte Murray.

Remember, we won a title (barely) w/ Giannis & Middleton as playoff stars, while Jrue went in the tank. The 3rd guy just needs to be a borderline all-star who doesn't fall off the cliff & plays solid d (Murray made an all-defense team).
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,710

Post#1172 » by SupremeHustle » Sat May 11, 2024 8:47 pm

All I'm saying is one of Dame or Midds has to go in order to have a shot to get the roster talent back that we need. If we can keep those guys and get Herb Jones and Caruso, okay. Cool. But you guys know that ain't happening.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,764

Post#1173 » by JayMKE » Sat May 11, 2024 8:49 pm

Dame is just the only asset the team has that could reasonably expect a decent return for, one that could replenish the cupboard and I don't think he's going to have that same kind of value going forward. The Miami package looks pretty nice now in my opinion, not sure Pat Riley would offer that now. Shouldn't be surprising our D is bad when we're starting Dame, Lopez, Khris, and Beasley alongside Giannis, they're making it way harder for Giannis carrying such a burden defensively.
FREE GIANNIS
Bernman
RealGM

Post#1174 » by Bernman » Sat May 11, 2024 8:54 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:All I'm saying is one of Dame or Midds has to go in order to have a shot to get the roster talent back that we need. If we can keep those guys and get Herb Jones and Caruso, okay. Cool. But you guys know that ain't happening.

If that's your standard, we might be able to do that, for some combo of Brook, Bobby, prospects, and our picks this draft.

But if the standard is a younger core player to have better core age balance, as well as extend the window, then you're right.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,710

Post#1175 » by SupremeHustle » Sat May 11, 2024 9:04 pm

Bernman wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:All I'm saying is one of Dame or Midds has to go in order to have a shot to get the roster talent back that we need. If we can keep those guys and get Herb Jones and Caruso, okay. Cool. But you guys know that ain't happening.

If that's your standard, we might be able to do that, for some combo of Brook, Bobby, prospects, and our picks this draft.

But if the standard is a younger core player to have better core age balance, as well as extend the window, then you're right.

I don't know if New Orleans trades Jones for all of the above. I might be overvaluing him, though. Let's get Trey Murphy, too while we're at it.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Bernman
RealGM

Post#1176 » by Bernman » Sat May 11, 2024 9:11 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I don't know if New Orleans trades Jones for all of the above. I might be overvaluing him, though. Let's get Trey Murphy, too while we're at it.

I mean, he is still a role player. To wit, if the Pelicans are stubborn, there are plenty of alternatives the Bucks may be able to nab for less, and do a similar job, like Bruce Brown.

That's one issue resolved as to how you complement the big 3 in the starting 5. Actually have more trouble w/ the other pf/c solution, unless maybe you trade Dame, get a younger core player at guard AND a starting big, which I'm for.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#1177 » by -Jragon- » Sat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm

Khris gets almost Epi/Stotts-like support from just a couple guys here. Maybe there is an attachment to him outside of just being a Bucks fan and that's fine. That being said, some of us here have been a Bucks fan since the 70s and 80s so it's permissible for us to both be a Bucks fan AND wonder or explore changing the pieces around Giannis so we can compete in the new NBA.

Also many of us are also Packer fans who have seen 30+ years of MVP Quarterback play result in just 2 Championships because the FO was too stubborn to get them the right weapons. It's not overreacting for us to see the same pattern here.

Maybe some people think Giannis wore himself out and ended up injured because he's trying to cover his own guy and also be ready to help on 3 wings because he knows none of ours can cover. These are opinions that are fair to explore and it's exaggerating and manipulative to call it hate or slander. You can simply say you disagree and that's fair for you to say as well.

Maybe they think Khris is morphing into a Camello Anthony type thing and it's not really the type of ball we need to play and we want to get more 2020s play. There was a time that I was told we couldn't pair Jimmy Butler with GA because he's mid range -- isn't KM similar now except he draws less fouls and plays softer D? Idk tho
Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 819

Post#1178 » by Packbuckman » Sat May 11, 2024 9:23 pm

emunney wrote:
Packbuckman wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

Or younger FAs who fit with what we're trying to do, like Pat C or Bobby were when we first got them.

Yes I would like that too but they need to hit on these draft picks this yr an athletic big would be nice. Build around Giannis and Dame give Ajax first shot at starting next to dame. Play and develop your young players to get them ready for playoffs.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#1179 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 11, 2024 9:32 pm

No personal connection to Khris. None needed to recognize his franchise value.

No championship without him, & he's Giannis sidekick from day 1.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#1180 » by -Jragon- » Sat May 11, 2024 9:55 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:No personal connection to Khris. None needed to recognized his franchise value.

No championship without him, & he's Giannis sidekick from day 1.

That's fair. Our talent needs to be upgraded. We've had 1 really good playoff run out of like 8 years with an MVP. Jrue was our 2a/2b best player last year and is Boston's 5th or 6th best player right now.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks