PG: Bucks Steamroll Knicks for 7th Straight

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,355

Re: PG: Bucks Steamroll Knicks for 7th Straight 

Post#121 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:23 am

In the majority of Beasley minutes the Bucks are blowing teams out of the water.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,816

Post#122 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:30 am

randy84 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:

Beas could average 20/8/7 shoot 45% from 3 n shootingtheJ would still rip on him AJJ or marjon could average 5/3/3 n shootingtheJ would call them untouchable dont think theres anything beas could do that would make that man happy

Not one mention of defense here, the thing this team desperately needs to be a true contender, yet I'm somehow being unfair.

It's also laughable to post a potential stat line for Beas that includes 7 assists from Beas. He needs 6 games to get that many.

Not many SGs are good defenders. Most are offensive minded. I remember people talking about trading for Collin Sexton. Beasley is playing much better than Sexton and Beasley is on a minimum deal. You want Kris Dunn who is much worse than Beasley. So who exactly are you looking to get? Caruso would be great, but how are you getting him?

Currently, Beasley's net rating is behind only Giannis and Middleton on the team, so why do you want to get rid of a piece that is helping the team and actually fits into what they are doing. The front office made the decision to get worse on defense to get better on offense and that is what they have done. Denver won last year with a middle of the road defense and a top five offense. The league has changed.

Denver finally won it last year when they added Bruce Brown to defend somebody.

As for Dunn, he's not just a better defender, he's a better ball handler, better playmaker, and he can also shoot it now. Dunn hit 47% from 3 last night, while Beasley hit 35%. Yes, Beasley is outshooting him this year and is probably a better shooter, but that his only skill. In 2020, Dunn received 4 votes for 1st team All Defense, and 23 votes for 2nd team.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#123 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:31 am

ReasonablySober wrote:In the majority of Beasley minutes the Bucks are blowing teams out of the water.

Of course they are, he plays with Giannis, Dame, and Khris.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#124 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:33 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:In the majority of Beasley minutes the Bucks are blowing teams out of the water.

Yea. If he was sinking those lineups there'd be a reason to make a move. But the Bucks are killing teams instead.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#125 » by PG Graveyard » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:33 am

I’m going to call it right now. Beasley is definitely a better shooter than Kris Dunn.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,434

Post#126 » by randy84 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:34 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:

So how are they blowing teams out if Dame is a poor defender and Khris is a poor defender and Beasley is a poor defender?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#127 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:35 am

randy84 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
randy84 wrote:Not many SGs are good defenders. Most are offensive minded. I remember people talking about trading for Collin Sexton. Beasley is playing much better than Sexton and Beasley is on a minimum deal. You want Kris Dunn who is much worse than Beasley. So who exactly are you looking to get? Caruso would be great, but how are you getting him?

Currently, Beasley's net rating is behind only Giannis and Middleton on the team, so why do you want to get rid of a piece that is helping the team and actually fits into what they are doing. The front office made the decision to get worse on defense to get better on offense and that is what they have done. Denver won last year with a middle of the road defense and a top five offense. The league has changed.

As for Dunn, he's not just a better defender, he's a better ball handler, better playmaker, and he can also shoot it now. Dunn hit 47% from 3 last night, while Beasley hit 35%. Yes, Beasley is outshooting him this year and is probably a better shooter, but that his only skill. In 2020, Dunn received 4 votes for 1st team All Defense, and 23 votes for 2nd team.

You complain that Beasley is going to regress but you don't think Dunn is going to regress? Dunn is a career 31% 3pt shooter. Beasley has a better defensive rating than Dunn this year. The Bucks don't need another playmaker. They need a role player that can hit open 3s which is what Beasley is doing.

A defensive rating is a team stat. It can be used to compare players on the same team, but definitely not players on different teams.

Dunn and Beasley are in a different stratosphere defensively.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:35 am

randy84 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

So how are they blowing teams out is Dame if a poor defender and Khris is a poor defender and Beasley is a poor defender?

Total conundrum, isn't it?
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,434

Post#129 » by randy84 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:36 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
randy84 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

You complain that Beasley is going to regress but you don't think Dunn is going to regress? Dunn is a career 31% 3pt shooter. Beasley has a better defensive rating than Dunn this year. The Bucks don't need another playmaker. They need a role player that can hit open 3s which is what Beasley is doing.

A defensive rating is a team stat. It can be used to compare players on the same team, but definitely not players on different teams.

Dunn and Beasley are in a different stratosphere defensively.

They are in different stratosphere's offensively too.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#130 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:44 am

randy84 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

So how are they blowing teams out if Dame is a poor defender and Khris is a poor defender and Beasley is a poor defender?

Blowing out the Pistons, Spurs and Knicks is not an accomplishment. Did we beat the Celtics or Nuggets yet?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,368

Post#131 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:08 am

Some fun "only because of who he plays with!" numbers

Dame/Giannis on, Beasley off : +5.87
Dame/Giannis/Beasley on : + 9.78

Dame on, Giannis/Beasley off : -4.47
Dame/Beasley on, Giannis off : +9.22

Giannis on, Dame/Beasley off : +1.48
Giannis/Beasley on, Dame off : +12.49
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#132 » by tedbrogen » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:57 am

As one of the previous main Beas haters, I think they need to keep rolling with him playing with the big four.

His shooting is providing great spacing for them and while he does get roasted beyond belief sometimes on D, at least he’s trying his best, which is helpful because Dame and Midds kind of coast on D until the last five minutes sometimes.

Even though they will absolutely be losing Beas in the offseason, I’d just roll with him until it’s clear he’s hurting the starters because right now he’s clearly helping them.

The Knicks are a perfect example of why you need floor spacers. They lack them so you can bail yourself out on D against them by leaving Barrett wide open in the corner.

A great defensive player sounds amazing but if the other team doesn’t respect their shooting, they’ll be forced to shoot high volume threes in big games when teams decide to do everything possible to stop Giannis and Dame from getting to the rim. I’d rather have Beas taking those shots and just rolling the dice that the Bucks can simply outscore the other team than mess with this machine of an offense right now. This offense is so good, it doesn’t matter who the coach is.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#133 » by soxperry » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:01 am

emunney wrote:
Daver wrote:
emunney wrote:
Can't be done.

Whats the cheapest contract the bucks could go if they cant do 3/36

Most they can give him is 120% of the minimum

yeah Beas is here for one year and one year only. but it would seem the obvious move this coming offseason is to make a play for a legit SG with the last of our assets, so we shouldn't need him.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#134 » by tedbrogen » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:10 am

This offseason the Bucks should be the top destination for any SG or Wing who wants to try to rebuild their value. So they’ll have the ability to get someone on another min contract plus more information on whether Marjon or AJJ can takeover a bigger role and that Blazers second and their own first.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#135 » by Jez2983 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:24 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:That is a damn fine basketball team. They just kind of overnight became the monster we hoped they would be after the trade. Only clear negative I saw was Brook being too sped up around the hoop on offense.

I thought we'd struggle till Christmas, and be around .500.

I was half right.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,509

Post#136 » by KidA24 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:51 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Some fun "only because of who he plays with!" numbers

Dame/Giannis on, Beasley off : +5.87
Dame/Giannis/Beasley on : + 9.78

Dame on, Giannis/Beasley off : -4.47
Dame/Beasley on, Giannis off : +9.22

Giannis on, Dame/Beasley off : +1.48
Giannis/Beasley on, Dame off : +12.49

Where do you pull these numbers from?

I'd love to explore tomorrow.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,511

Post#137 » by old skool » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:54 am

Beasley was interviewed on Bucks radio post game. He was asked a soft ball down the middle lob question along the lines of what it is like to be hanging at the arc when players drive to the rim and kick out the ball to him wide open.

His answer was astounding - something along the lines of - I love being able to get them their assist, (laughing) because you know how guys in are in the league.

I have never heard an NBA player who was asked about making baskets frame it in term of helping teammates getting their assists!

Sounds like he had his head screwed on straight and is way ahead of the posters here who were afraid that he was going to take shots away from Giannis, Lillard and Middleton.

I wonder who has him thinking in such a team oriented fashion?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,368

Post#138 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:02 am

KidA24 wrote:Where do you pull these numbers from?

I'd love to explore tomorrow.

I usually just use https://www.pbpstats.com/, there's a few more out there I think but might be behind paywall.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,975

Post#139 » by Dick Tate » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:15 am

Probably time to say Khris is officially back. He looked really sharp.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,406

Post#140 » by RiotPunch » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:48 am

Dick Tate wrote:Probably time to say Khris is officially back. He looked really sharp.

If he can keep this up, game over for the league.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks