ImageImage

PG: Bucks Win 15th Straight over Kings

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,261

Re: PG: Bucks Win 15th Straight over Kings 

Post#121 » by Sigra » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:12 am

sidney lanier wrote:After an electrifying win like this I don’t understand how anyone’s first thought is how much they hate the coach.

This time I agree with you. Back to back, 3 in 4 nights, without Midds....

this was great win and that should be first thought
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#122 » by chonestown » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:16 am

Greg Gard Coach the Badgers and the Milwaukee Bucks At the Same Time Challenge.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
tsamo
Junior
And1: 212

Post#123 » by tsamo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:17 am

Who do you think is currently our best/safest handler of the ball? Dame has way too many turnovers when handling it that I did not expect and he is also pretty bad at the "easy" passes at times.

Also, after all the drama with Mike Brown show, I gotta ask. Were we that much favored by the refs or was it just a classic coach seeing all the calls his team should have gotten without looking the other way?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,405

Post#124 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:32 am

tsamo wrote:Who do you think is currently our best/safest handler of the ball?

Dame.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#125 » by mediocrityrules » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:02 am

Sigra wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:After an electrifying win like this I don’t understand how anyone’s first thought is how much they hate the coach.

This time I agree with you. Back to back, 3 in 4 nights, without Midds....

this was great win and that should be first thought

It was a great last 4 seconds, but we should never have even had this game go to overtime in the first place. We just didn't need to be in that position. It was bonehead coaching that had us get to that point where we could only win by a Dame-time special.

We were saved by Dame, after Grief nearly scuttled the ship.
Circling calendars since 2021
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,226

Post#126 » by FrieAaron » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:09 am

tsamo wrote:Who do you think is currently our best/safest handler of the ball? Dame has way too many turnovers when handling it that I did not expect and he is also pretty bad at the "easy" passes at times.

He has a lower turnover rate this season than Giannis and Khris as well as having a better AST/TO ratio. He's also the best FT shooter of the three.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#127 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:38 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,823

Post#128 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:31 am

WHAT TIME IS IT??????????????????????????
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#129 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:32 am

AussieBuck wrote:WHAT TIME IS IT??????????????????????????

Well passed bed time, but here I am.
#FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#130 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:40 am

RiotPunch wrote:

Well passed bed time, but here I am.

Busy work day and then straight to basketball for me. Trying not to yell over here where it is also bed time. This is bound to help Dame a bit.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#131 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:50 am

I still think there are a half dozen attainable guard defenders we can get and start and still win with Dr Grief running things. We're one guy away from a wildly great team.

Also I watched the first half on my phone on the commute home so maybe I didn't get the full picture but it really did seem like rather than playing zone we were running with Pat plays saboteur and the other 4 guys react and try to recover. I like the guy but he seems like the avatar for 'replacement level player' most of the time.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,787

Post#132 » by JayMKE » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:51 pm

Yesterday was a good day
FREE GIANNIS
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,086

Post#133 » by German Athens » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:28 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
tsamo wrote:Who do you think is currently our best/safest handler of the ball?

Dame.

As you go down the list it quickly gets amusing. Next after Dame is probably Giannis, then cam and probably pat(!).
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,406

Post#134 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:41 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Image

This is a masterpiece. It needs to be let free on Twitter
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#135 » by jimmybones » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:10 pm

I got home from a Packer party and had only briefly checked the score of this game a few times. I had a few adult sodas during the Packer game and I was ready to pass out but remembered to check the score and saw it was in OT, turned it on just in time to see the free throws and Dame Time. Passed out happy, hell yeah
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,346

Post#136 » by crkone » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:29 pm

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#137 » by -Jragon- » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:35 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
tsamo wrote:Who do you think is currently our best/safest handler of the ball? Dame has way too many turnovers when handling it that I did not expect and he is also pretty bad at the "easy" passes at times.

He has a lower turnover rate this season than Giannis and Khris as well as having a better AST/TO ratio. He's also the best FT shooter of the three.

X100

He brings so much attention out high that Giannis, KM, Beas should be able to find lanes/position. If the 2nd action is down low to a big then that should so open up space. KM, if he's not traded, needs to find a spot to work from efficiently off of that gravity whether it's from the 3 shooting/attacking closeouts, some medium post or little curls near the paint that he can rise and shoot from with like 1 dribble. Why can't we set off ball curl screens for KM as a 3rd action Now is the time to work these packages out and stop building bad habits of bringing the ball up. I saw Brook work from the low post -- we might need that in spots in the playoffs too so let's keep developing that, too.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,197

Post#138 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:44 pm

Nice little break here for the team. Only 2-games in the next 6-days. Could hopefully see Crowder back, and these are usually the light stretches of the schedule where teams like to make deals...
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#139 » by -Jragon- » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:47 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:

X100

He brings so much attention out high that Giannis, KM, Beas should be able to find lanes/position. If the 2nd action is down low to a big then that should so open up space. KM, if he's not traded, needs to find a spot to work from efficiently off of that gravity whether it's from the 3 shooting/attacking closeouts, some medium post or little curls near the paint that he can rise and shoot from with like 1 dribble. Why can't we set off ball curl screens for KM as a 3rd action Now is the time to work these packages out and stop building bad habits of bringing the ball up. I saw Brook work from the low post -- we might need that in spots in the playoffs too so let's keep developing that, too.

Beas is actually good at all this.. we would be better if KM played just like Beas when Dame is in the game. I'm not sure how he watches from the sidelines like last night and interprets it as, " I should be in there dribbling through some traffic right now" instead of vowing to play like a 2nd Beas offensively.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,032

Post#140 » by sidney lanier » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:09 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:

It is truly incredible stuff and has really driven me from posting more this season. And I fully acknowledge we have some legit issues but everyone is just so miserable all the time even when good things happen.

If you want rainbows and lollipops, Reddit is a great place for that.

Giannis has been MVP good, Dame Time tonight was **** amazing. Midds, although out tonight, has been stellar. The talent on this team is unlike we've seen.

That does not give the coach a pass. Dame and Giannis heroics continue to bail him out.

Kudos to those that can just be happy with it all, given the ending. I was happy with the ending. I use this forum as a space for discourse regarding the big picture for this team that I love. That involves being critical. That's not the same as being miserable. Believe me, I was elated when Dame hit that shot.

And it's the big picture I think you're missing. Constant carping about transactional 60-40 coaching decisions is not intelligent discourse about the future of the team. It's petulant venting about imaginary issues. It's the residuum of confirmation bias for those who want to remind us how right they were about the early-season miscues that are now receding into the past.

An intellectually honest look at the "big picture" would discourse on how far we have come since the early season, and how both coach and team have improved. It would look at trends and project how current improvements can be expected to result in playoff success. It wouldn't posit false dichotomies between coach and team performance but would instead take a unitary view.

That's my lollipop for the day.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings

Return to Milwaukee Bucks