OT: General Off Topic Thread [NO Politics, Race, Religion, etc.]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Re: OT: General Off Topic Thread [NO Politics, Race, Religion, etc.] 

Post#121 » by trwi7 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:19 am

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,305

Post#122 » by Finn » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:03 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Need recommendations for best flavored coffees that come in K-Cups. Trying to reduce my sugar intake, so creamer has gotta go.

Have you tried Coffee Mate Zero Sugar creamer flavors? 1 carb per serving, zero sugars. That's what I switched to and I like it quite a bit.

Tried it, and thought it was disgusting.

I thought so too. Give Splenda creamers a shot.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,300

Post#123 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:34 pm

My folks have visited seemingly every corner of the globe over the last 15 years or so. New Zealand is the first time I've been jealous and awestruck by their pictures. Holy hell. It's no wonder the .0001% are buying up the country.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#124 » by Jez2983 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:My folks have visited seemingly every corner of the globe over the last 15 years or so. New Zealand is the first time I've been jealous and awestruck by their pictures. Holy hell. It's no wonder the .0001% are buying up the country.

It's gorgeous, and isolated. Bit of a hassle to fly there in your private jet I guess, but that's probably the only downside.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#125 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:33 pm

Gonna take the coffee thing a step further and ask if anyone has found another morning beverage to take its place? Something healthy. I drink a pot a day and there’s no way that’s good for me.

I like the idea of mushroom coffee but it seems like a scam. Looking into Yerba Mate and might give that a go.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,797

Post#126 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:40 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Gonna take the coffee thing a step further and ask if anyone has found another morning beverage to take its place? Something healthy. I drink a pot a day and there’s no way that’s good for me.

I like the idea of mushroom coffee but it seems like a scam. Looking into Yerba Mate and might give that a go.

Tea is the way to go. I think we talked about tea just a few weeks ago, but my go-to is Harney & Sons. https://www.harney.com/ Whatever you'd try, I'd just encourage you to get good stuff. Don't go to the store and buy Lipton in a box and say you don't like tea :)

I drink Sencha every morning. It's green and very grassy, pretty bitter. I love bitter things so it's right up my alley. Isn't for everyone, but tea has a very wide range of flavors to pull from. If you like coffee & cream, could try English Breakfast and milk. Earl Gray is high-acid. Lots of different flavored options without sugar.
el_chupacabra
Ballboy
And1: 32

Post#127 » by el_chupacabra » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:45 pm

jute2003 wrote:
stellation wrote:
JayMKE wrote:I drank it black maybe with a bit of honey until fairly recently when I got a espresso machine with a milk frother as a gift, before I'd pound the whole pot of coffee drinking a Scott Skiles amount but I've cut it down to one cup with the frothed/steamed milk. I'm the guy who buys the fancy whole beans tho.

One of us! One of us!
If you like coffee, whole beans ground at home are a must.

Espresso machine is easily our most used appliance.

The AeroPress has been life-changing for me. I have an electric water kettle that keeps the temp at 210, grind my beans every morning, and have 2 perfect cups daily. Used to do a full pot + and would get the shakes if I didn’t get enough by noon.
Long time lurker.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,965

Post#128 » by stellation » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:54 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:My folks have visited seemingly every corner of the globe over the last 15 years or so. New Zealand is the first time I've been jealous and awestruck by their pictures. Holy hell. It's no wonder the .0001% are buying up the country.

It's gorgeous, and isolated. Bit of a hassle to fly there in your private jet I guess, but that's probably the only downside.

Only downside? Not that it's full of Kiwis? Citizenship revoked, Jez!
#FreeChuckDiesel
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#129 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:50 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:Gonna take the coffee thing a step further and ask if anyone has found another morning beverage to take its place? Something healthy. I drink a pot a day and there’s no way that’s good for me.

Tea is the way to go. I think we talked about tea just a few weeks ago, but my go-to is Harney & Sons. https://www.harney.com/ Whatever you'd try, I'd just encourage you to get good stuff. Don't go to the store and buy Lipton in a box and say you don't like tea :)

I drink Sencha every morning. It's green and very grassy, pretty bitter. I love bitter things so it's right up my alley. Isn't for everyone, but tea has a very wide range of flavors to pull from. If you like coffee & cream, could try English Breakfast and milk. Earl Gray is high-acid. Lots of different flavored options without sugar.

Nice. What’s your brew set up? I’d imagine buying loose leaf is better but if it’s too complicated to make then I’ll lose interest.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,481

Post#130 » by KidA24 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:02 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Nice. What’s your brew set up? I’d imagine buying loose leaf is better but if it’s too complicated to make then I’ll lose interest.

I'm new to it, and made my setup as easy as possible for myself.

I got a kettle with a temperature setting (Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp), a glass infuser for holding loose leaf and steeping, and a double walled vessel that I can pour the tea into after it steeps to keep it hot (while I drink from a mug).
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#131 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:12 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I do loose leaf with a mesh infuser (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J3JFJU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1), but I just heat water in the microwave (2:35 in my microwave brings it to the right temp :) ) and then drop this in, usually like 5 mins for my taste. Some people try and claim it matters to boil your water on the stove, but I do not believe that and don't know how it's possible that science would support it.

I think some people enjoy the process, which I get. I'd drink matcha every day if I didn't mind taking the time to make it. I don't know much about yerba, but I think it's the same idea - there's a process to get to the drink.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#132 » by jute2003 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:38 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

It's super simple. We use tea bags and loose leaf tea. I just eyeball the amount. It takes longer to tie the top of the bag shut than to put the tea in.
only a fan, only an opinion
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#133 » by Jez2983 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:32 am

stellation wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

Only downside? Not that it's full of Kiwis? Citizenship revoked, Jez!

Nah they're chur, bro!
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,965

Post#134 » by stellation » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:12 am

trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The more I watch it, the more crazily dynamic/anything could happen Hockey seems- winning 14 in a row is pretty wild. Happy for you, dude.
#FreeChuckDiesel
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#135 » by vital_signs » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:22 pm

We're moving from 2 days in office to 3 (fairly certain 5 is coming) to boost morale and productivity.

I went from having an incredibly productive morning to posting on RealGM.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,044

Post#136 » by Ryan5UW » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:28 pm

vital_signs wrote:We're moving from 2 days in office to 3 (fairly certain 5 is coming) to boost morale and productivity.

That sucks. I don't understand whose morale is boosted by being forced to go into the office. Unless you're a manager that needs to have people physically close to you so you can feel some sense of purpose and control.

Productivity? Hell, I get so much more done without being bothered by people dropping by my desk all day.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#137 » by vital_signs » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:56 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
vital_signs wrote:We're moving from 2 days in office to 3 (fairly certain 5 is coming) to boost morale and productivity.

That sucks. I don't understand whose morale is boosted by being forced to go into the office. Unless you're a manager that needs to have people physically close to you so you can feel some sense of purpose and control.

Productivity? Hell, I get so much more done without being bothered by people dropping by my desk all day.

Our CEO is the definition of anti-wfh. His reasoning never seems to hit home with anyone else and he's fairly condescending about this and other topics.

I don't think he's aware that I, and others, rarely open their laptop after leaving the office and putting their 8 in but have no issue working a little later if at home.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,966

Post#138 » by jschligs » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:20 pm

vital_signs wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:

Our CEO is the definition of anti-wfh. His reasoning never seems to hit home with anyone else and he's fairly condescending about this and other topics.

I don't think he's aware that I, and others, rarely open their laptop after leaving the office and putting their 8 in but have no issue working a little later if at home.

This is how ours is too, but our CEO has so many folks drinking the koolaid and happy to come in. We've been in office since lockdown ended, but I've reached my limit and I'm looking for remote jobs as Madison doesn't have a ton of marketing director/digital openings.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#139 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:34 pm

"to boost productivity". BS. But most CEO's (and other senior management) simply don't trust employees WFH. They want to be able to see them work. I'm more productive from home because I don't have to waste commute time (not that bad for me though, about 15 minutes each way). But I get more done at home. No chit chat, no "how was your weekend?", "how was YOUR weekend?", "what are you going to do THIS weekend?". "Did I tell you what happened in little Jimmy's soccer game?". It's the same reason I've never been on FB. I don't give a **** about what you had for dinner or your vacation pictures.

We are supposed to be 3 days a week but there's a space crunch so it's up to each manager. Mine doesn't care, just do your work and come in when you want. When the space crunch is resolved in a couple of years there is no doubt they will go back to full time in the office.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#140 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:41 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:no "how was your weekend?", "how was YOUR weekend?", "what are you going to do THIS weekend?". "Did I tell you what happened in little Jimmy's soccer game?". It's the same reason I've never been on FB. I don't give a **** about what you had for dinner or your vacation pictures.

Ben Bridwell, is that you?

Awful conversation at the casual party
The job, the babble on, the recreational hobbies, oh
No it never stops
Kids and the dog, a freshly-mowed lawn
Retirement plans for a mountain home, oh
Been arrested, lived in Texas
My God I'm gonna leave it with you

Return to Milwaukee Bucks