ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Finalizing Deal with Gallo 

Post#121 » by Profound23 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:11 pm

JayMKE wrote:Considering the Lakers are interested in Trae Young or Kyrie Irving then they probably would be interested in Dame too

They were already interested in him, sure they would take him. But they aren't trading Lebron or AD for him so unless a third team will become involved I don't care. Laker draft picks mean nothing because they will always recruit stars and you are basically hoping to get a pick from them when they have a really bad season and they have nobody I want outside of Lebron or AD.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,747

Post#122 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:22 pm

Profound23 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Considering the Lakers are interested in Trae Young or Kyrie Irving then they probably would be interested in Dame too

They were already interested in him, sure they would take him. But they aren't trading Lebron or AD for him so unless a third team will become involved I don't care. Laker draft picks mean nothing because they will always recruit stars and you are basically hoping to get a pick from them when they have a really bad season and they have nobody I want outside of Lebron or AD.

Lebron and Dame don’t have but a couple years in the league, maybe they reload immediately but they’ve been barely above .500 almost Lebron’s entire tenure too. There is a market to unload Dame for sure. If you could get a lightly protected 1st from the Lakers then it could be a lottery pick, I don’t even care about the pick that much since it could be immediately rerouted

Honestly I think maybe picking Bronny with our Portland 2nd and holding him hostage might not be a bad idea either. If you are creative and have balls there are a lot of ways to rebuild imo, we have the single best building block in basketball with Giannis.
FREE GIANNIS
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,287

Post#123 » by WiscoKing13 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:22 pm

Would have rather had Wright over Beverly and/or Gallo.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#124 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:24 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

Lebron and Dame don’t have but a couple years in the league, maybe they reload immediately but they’ve been barely above .500 almost Lebron’s entire tenure too. There is a market to unload Dame for sure.

Honestly I think maybe picking Bronny with our Portland 2nd and holding him hostage might not be a bad idea either. If you are creative and have balls there are a lot of ways to rebuild imo, we have the single best building block in basketball with Giannis.
Not to derail this lovely thread but the Bronny thing is fascinating to me because I would think even him and LeBron know he's not currently a real NBA prospect. Will he really declare and be a token pick? Seems almost embarrassing. Like if Bronny really wants to be an NBA player he should stay in college and work on his game.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#125 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:29 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

Lebron and Dame don’t have but a couple years in the league, maybe they reload immediately but they’ve been barely above .500 almost Lebron’s entire tenure too. There is a market to unload Dame for sure.

Not to derail this lovely thread but the Bronny thing is fascinating to me because I would think even him and LeBron know he's not currently a real NBA prospect. Will he really declare and be a token pick? Seems almost embarrassing. Like if Bronny really wants to be an NBA player he should stay in college and work on his game.

People get too hung up on the nepotism and fairness aspect but we had Thanasis and Robin on the roster this year so that shouldn’t be a foreign concept. If Bronny legitimately could attract Lebron then teams will be lining up to draft him imo, he could be a 1st round pick crazy as that sounds. Chris Livingston was the 57th pick last year, he was mostly a favor to Klutch and was a scrub at Kentucky. Thanasis got drafted the year after Giannis in the 2nd rounds.
FREE GIANNIS
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#126 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:33 pm

JayMKE wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

People get too hung up on the nepotism and fairness aspect but we had Thanasis and Robin on the roster this year so that shouldn’t be a foreign concept. If Bronny legitimately could attract Lebron then teams will be lining up to draft him imo, he could be a 1st round pick crazy as that sounds. Chris Livingston was the 57th pick last year, he was mostly a favor to Klutch and was a scrub at Kentucky. Thanasis got drafted the year after Giannis in the 2nd rounds.
Oh yeah I wouldn't fault any team for using a pick on Bronny if it meant getting LeBron.

What's interesting to me is will Bronny actually want to be a gift/token draft pick.

Like Thanasis is a far more legit NBA player than current Bronny.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#127 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:44 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Not to derail this lovely thread but the Bronny thing is fascinating to me because I would think even him and LeBron know he's not currently a real NBA prospect. Will he really declare and be a token pick? Seems almost embarrassing. Like if Bronny really wants to be an NBA player he should stay in college and work on his game.

Oh yeah I wouldn't fault any team for using a pick on Bronny if it meant getting LeBron.

What's interesting to me is will Bronny actually want to be a gift/token draft pick.

The only reason he or Lebron wouldn’t want to be picked would be so he could just directly sign with the Lakers as a FA IMO but I think they’d value the prestige of getting drafted for sure regardless if he truly deserves it. Lebron seems serious about wanting to play together and has made a number of backhanded comments about how Bronny could play on the current Lakers roster. If he could attract Lebron or if the Lakers feel pressured into making Lebron happy then he’ll be valuable enough to be drafted. I don’t think we’d be the only one with that idea.

Bronny seems like a good kid, I don’t think its totally crazy to think he could stick as a 3&D guy eventually. Lot of fringe guys in the NBA, Dame had a cousin plau in Portland that wasn’t a good player on any level.
FREE GIANNIS
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,191

Post#128 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:48 pm

I look forward to the next 5-months of reading these dream offseason scenarios of trading Dame for D-Lo/Austin Reaves/picks and wasting a Top-35 draft selection on Lebron's non-NBA caliber nepo son.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#129 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:52 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I look forward to the next 5-months of reading these dream offseason scenarios of trading Dame for D-Lo/Austin Reaves/picks and wasting a Top-35 draft selection on Lebron's non-NBA caliber nepo son.

Better than talking about trading Giannis or imagining Grant **** Williams making the difference between a championship or not, how about you come up with a reload idea that gets us younger.
FREE GIANNIS
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#130 » by DingleJerry » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:59 pm

I'd guess the move in the offseason will be a Brook trade to get more youth/athleticism. And Middleton will be on the table too for the right deal. I'd strongly doubt Dame gets traded unless there is some personal stuff, asks for it, etc type thing. But now that we'll have some draft ammo to go with Brook and/or Middleton maybe you can get to some younger players. If both were traded you'd be left with Dame as the only old guy rather than 3 of your top 4 being old. Easier said than done of course.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#131 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:05 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I look forward to the next 5-months of reading these dream offseason scenarios of trading Dame for D-Lo/Austin Reaves/picks and wasting a Top-35 draft selection on Lebron's non-NBA caliber nepo son.

Better than talking about trading Giannis or imagining Grant **** Williams making the difference between a championship or not, how about you come up with a reload idea that gets us younger.

Your insistence that we have to "blow up" this team is gonna result in this being the case anyways. Like, are you really that naive in thinking that trading away all of Dame, Khris, and Brook is gonna result in an immediate championship contender instead of the way more likely outcome where you just end up wasting Giannis' last prime years waiting for all this theoretical young talent to be good enough?

Give me one single poster who wouldn't at least consider moving one of Khris or Brook in the offseason if they don't win the title this year. Plenty of ways to "get younger" without knee-capping the on-court product just because you've positioned yourself as the David Dunn of rabid Damian Lillard detractors and think that any trade where we dump his contract is a net positive.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,942

Post#132 » by fansinceforever » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:14 pm

A lot of you guys are a lot more confident than I am that Middleton/Brook fetch young, starter level NBA talent if this team flames out this season.

That, to me, would signal to teams that those two can't quite hack it anymore.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#133 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:25 pm

Assuming we stay below the 2nd apron, you'd have any combination of Khris/Brook/Bobby/Pat in salary to move ($75 million) plus, Marjon, AJJ, 2024 1st, the 30th-36th pick, and another future 1st to attach. Obviously we'd all prefer being over the 2nd apron cuz that means we've won the title and Khris' incentives kicked in, but any combination of those assets is more than enough to re-tool around Dame/Giannis and still be a contender so long as you identify the right fits.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#134 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:28 pm

I think this makes us better. grab a Lakers pick in here and it works for me.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#135 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:32 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

Your insistence that we have to "blow up" this team is gonna result in this being the case anyways. Like, are you really that naive in thinking that trading away all of Dame, Khris, and Brook is gonna result in an immediate championship contender instead of the way more likely outcome where you just end up wasting Giannis' last prime years waiting for all this theoretical young talent to be good enough?

Give me one single poster who wouldn't at least consider moving one of Khris or Brook in the offseason if they don't win the title this year. Plenty of ways to "get younger" without knee-capping the on-court product just because you've positioned yourself as the David Dunn of rabid Damian Lillard detractors and think that any trade where we dump his contract is a net positive.

Ive been pretty clear about what my priorities are going forward, its not a single hand obsession at all with Dame and I notice more people echoing what I say every day. I don’t believe this is a contender currently with Dame, Khris, Lopez and I dont see how any of those guys improve with age so I don’t believe it knee caps anything moving them. Getting out from under their contracts would make the team way more flexible than being a 2nd apron team locked into being the oldest team in the league, the lack of flexibility right now is what I consider knee capped. Dame the alpha 30ppgz scorer isn’t coming back and he’s never going to be playmaker or defender we need him to be. I don’t understand the sentimental attachment and excuse making from people who are usually ruthless to the guys that actually won a championship here. Sure you could try to reload without moving him but he’s not ever going check the boxes we need. Giannis signed his extension so they have the leverage now to make the hard decisions.
FREE GIANNIS
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,942

Post#136 » by fansinceforever » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:37 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Assuming we stay below the 2nd apron, you'd have any combination of Khris/Brook/Bobby/Pat in salary to move ($75 million) plus, Marjon, AJJ, 2024 1st, the 30th-36th pick, and another future 1st to attach. Obviously we'd all prefer being over the 2nd apron cuz that means we've won the title and Khris' incentives kicked in, but any combination of those assets is more than enough to re-tool around Dame/Giannis and still be a contender so long as you identify the right fits.

Are you saying draft a player in the first round then package them? Because, unless I'm mistaken, we can't trade that pick.

I'm still not seeing why quality young players come to us for the package above, especially in the scenario of us getting bounced early and needing to retool.

Why for the team that's trading the young player unless said young player is disgruntled?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#137 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:44 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Assuming we stay below the 2nd apron, you'd have any combination of Khris/Brook/Bobby/Pat in salary to move ($75 million) plus, Marjon, AJJ, 2024 1st, the 30th-36th pick, and another future 1st to attach. Obviously we'd all prefer being over the 2nd apron cuz that means we've won the title and Khris' incentives kicked in, but any combination of those assets is more than enough to re-tool around Dame/Giannis and still be a contender so long as you identify the right fits.

Are you saying draft a player in the first round then package them? Because, unless I'm mistaken, we can't trade that pick.

I'm still not seeing why quality young players come to us for the package above, especially in the scenario of us getting bounced early and needing to retool.

Why for the team that's trading the young player unless said young player is disgruntled?
They will be able to trade the pick, it would just be one of those deals where it's not official until the new league year starts. Teams do it all the time.

I fully expect them to trade that pick attached to a vet contact for an upgrade.

JayMKE
RealGM

Post#138 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:46 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:

I think this makes us better. grab a Lakers pick in here and it works for me.

3 future Laker picks + the Bucks picks they’ll be able to move next year would be a great start to a rebuild. Reaves is relatively young on a good contract, Dlo is big expiring salary slot. You could get a Murray and probably another guy with those assets, doesn’t have to be him but we were fantasizing about getting with a Bobby/Pat/2nd before.
FREE GIANNIS
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#139 » by -Jragon- » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:50 pm

Being younger isn't always or even usually better in the NBA. Young teams are happy making the play-in game. They pop for a game or 2 then revert back to being garbage.

Have we assembled the dumbest, sloppiest yet talented vets ever? Vets play mistake free ball, smart plays, not forcing things, take what the D gives, know where to be on D. Honestly we look lost half the time and sit there hoping 1 dude can bail us out. Giannis barrelled stupidly last year but seems to have fixed it.. everyone else looks sloppy and dumb still. Bev and Gallo can help a little maybe if they aren't too sloppy but these other guys need to get right fast.

Furthermore, veterans usually are more consistent, less streaky and less chaotic. Ours aren't and it's not from not being younger. It's not from being slower either; did K. Love get all those buckets because he's faster and younger than us? Nope, he took advantage of our lack of knowing where to rotate and how to be in a proper position and stance to challenge a shot.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#140 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:50 pm

fansinceforever wrote:

Again, what are you guys even classifying as a "young" player? Like, no **** Minnesota isn't gonna give us Ant Man for like, Khris, Brook, and a 2030 1st round pick. But would Brooklyn give us Cam Johnson and Dorian Finney-Smith for Khris, Bobby, and Marjon in a 3-way trade where they re-route Khris to Dallas or something? Sure, and that's on the light side of return value for us.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks